Trial Discussion Thread #54 - 14.13.10, Day 43 ~ sentencing~

Status
Not open for further replies.
For weeks now i've believed Masipa is just going to give him a slap on the wrist but i now believe it will be a slap on the shin to make sure she doesn't hurt him.

BIB - except that if he were to break the rules, who would be elected to follow it up? Uncle Arnold has a lot of influence. I'm sure any misdemeanours on OP's behalf would be quietly hushed up, unless of course, he kills again, in which case, so long as someone was hovering near the bed, it's okay.

You are probably right but I feel he is going to want to pick up the pieces of a social life, date girls (note I say girls, not women), go out drinking with whatever mates he may have left, etc, and it is within those scenarios that he may be brought down by his own actions. He is not going to want to spend all his days and nights in Uncle Arnold's house with his middle-aged rellies, no matter how plush it is.

If I thought that he had learned anything positive from his actions and subsequent trial I might think he was a changed man who would try and make amends for what he did but I think overall that he has learned nothing so I'm living in hope that the big life lesson is still to come. It's the only positive thing i can find in this whole farce.

Not only will he walk but he'll get a pat on the back for beating the trial. His career is ruined imv and Milady....i guarantee....is going to base her judgement on the fact that he's lost that part of his life, which affects him financially and socially and will agree that he seeks councilling/rehabilitation and only does CS. There will be absolutely no jail time. Trust me its an absolute certainty imv.

I guess when his (future)anger-act-outs kill a second person ........the singy song will change

Run Leah Skye Run ( JMO )

If he gets off without jail, we will know 100% the fix was in. So I guess after all the talk of masipa making legal errors, there will be no state appeal? Pathetic. Anyone else here that feels disgust when they look at Masipa's face? You just know that Nel is wasting his time up there, no matter what points he makes she will ignore them.

It doesn't get more insulting does it? Unless Masipa thinks it's too harsh and reduces it to one day a month.

Right 1 day a month so OP isn't punished 2 times in a month. This whole thing is making me utterly sick.
This Defense is such a joke and it's on Reeva, her family and all of us hoping for some Justice for a Beautiful Woman.

In my opinion all the so called Charity events re Prosthetics is just advertising for OP's investment in running legs and prosthetics.

Jesus christ at this rate Masipa will be demanding an apology from June Steenkamp for giving birth to Reeva and putting Oscar through all this.
Yes and make her buy him a new door.
I believe we on Websleuths will have served a longer sentence following this trial than OP will eventually get.

Just think of how dreadfully sad most of us are that Reeva not only didn't get justice, but also didn't get any value placed on her life whatsoever - and then multiply that by a million to get some idea of how her parents must feel. I take it that if any of Masipa's relatives get killed so brutally, she'll be more than happy with a 16-hour cleaning punishment.

All I can say is no wonder they've got security scanners in place now. They must have been worried that someone might decide to deal out justice, since the court clearly won't.

yes the cleaning incident and Masipas interest in it clearly shows shes not going to lock him up

For some reason, I thought he was to be sentenced during the early morning hours today? Has it been changed? And I apologize if this has been asked a ton.Quick checking in

For some reason, I thought he was to be sentenced during the early morning hours today? Has it been changed? And I apologize if this has been asked a ton.Quick checking in
The media made it sound like OP would discover his fate today, but that's not true. The hearing will most likely go on all week, then afterwards, Masipa will retire to 'consider' her decision.

What the judge should be reminded of are some of the reasons celebrities do charity work: raising his profile and the fact that a very large proportion of the charity work Pistorius did, he was paid to do; simple as that.

Sponsorship was the major source of his income. I have seen reports that he recieved up to $2,000,000 a year as ambassador for various brands.

He received a very healthy sponsorship from Nike, his main sponsor. All those Nike initiatives his manager churned out today, Pistorius was paid to do. Likewise the work he did promoting eyesight tests blah blah, he was paid by Oakley to do. Charity work related to London 2012 was sponsored by BT. The work he did in Italy, he was paid to do by the Gemona municipality; they even built him a training track and funded his accommodation. It's primarily to do with raising profile and thus increasing earnings.

From what Sam Taylor has said, he didn't even give her as much as a pair of Nike trainers such was his repaciousness.

The judge must remember the Two Oscars. Just like the Two Jimmy Savilles and the Two Rolf Harrises. Image image image. Oscar played the game extremely well. Just look at the numbers of spittle flecked panty flinging Pistorians who have fallen for this guff.

So yes, he has lost his income source. Tough. That's what happens when you shoot at someone behind a closed and locked toilet door.

There is a very real possibility Oscar Pistorius is going to walk, isn't there? And I'm afraid more people are going to be endangered if he is.

People who will be in danger from him, and other hopeful would-be murderers who now know you can kill someone for hovering near your bed, because that would be 'understandable' and even 'excusable'.

If he does kill somebody else, I hope it's one of his own family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member