PRESS CONFERENCE: October 18, 2014 *Body Found*

Status
Not open for further replies.
She was a female who was almost 6 ft tall and had a distinctive outfit on. He looks sad. I think it's her but he can't legally confirm. I could just vomit. Sometimes the evil in this world just kills me.

"human remains"

Forensic tests need to be conducted to confirm

Chief Longo announcing that very little info will be released at this time - maybe more in the future. 35 days ago Hannah Graham disappeared. Sometime before noon today an abandoned property was search when they discovered what appeared to be human remains. Shortly thereafter, Moonie made the call to the Grahams that a body had been found. They are human remains, and forensic tests need to be conducted, but the info has been shared with the Grahams. Longo states that it is a complicated investigation and asks for patience and respect from media.

According to JC on CNN, search called off for tomorrow...so I believe it can be assumed that it's Hannah.

I too think they're saying but not saying it's Hannah. The wording seems final, like they've accomplished their goal.

search team sheriff dept search abandoned property
discovered human remains
PD phoned family to share the preliminary discovery
Forensic testing will be done confirm ID
investigation complicated
unlikely we will have more information to share
we know you will be patient and respectful
there will come a time for more info but that is not today
thanking all who worked hard officials and volunteers alike
thanks EMS and SAR volunteers
thanks to Mark of EMS for his team's work

Oh god.....could it be someone else??? Would Hannah's remains be that unidentifiable???

Of course he doesn't say it's Hannah, but it sounds like they think it is because of all of the thanks.

My heart breaks for Chief Longo as well - he has done an amazing job and his dedication to finding Hannah was evident every time he shared news about her.

According to JC on CNN, search called off for tomorrow...so I believe it can be assumed that it's Hannah.

And Longo said they couldn't have "accomplished the mission" with the help of a bunch of people. Safe to assume it's her IMO.

investigative process presevering evidence and evidence collection
remains will be taken for autopsy and ID
death investigation
no further details will be released about scene or evidence found thereon
county will lead the death investigation due to body being located

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors