Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as an aside on the wait...Richmond alone has had 10 murders since 9/15. Could just be a back log at the ME's office. It appears their office has a wide ranging swath of area to cover in VA from NOVA down to NC boarder.

I've been thinking the same thing. IMO, it would be unethical to put one victim before another just because of publicity. I think it's just a matter of a back log of cases.

It seems that identifying a body via dental records is very quick and inexpensive. I wonder why this could not be done in this case? The only reason I can fathom is that either HG did not visit a dentist, which is difficult to believe, or that the skull they found did not contain teeth, which is also difficult to believe. So I can't help feeling that they (LE) already know the body discovered is not the body of HG. It would also make sense that it was NOT her body since it was already in such a state of decomp, no hair, bones scattered, etc. If LE found that the bones discovered were NOT HG, but they didn't know whose they were, that would be terrible. I feel like if it were HG, they would have known that much quicker. I'm just not getting a good feeling about this. I also think it is way too weird that the LE Terry went off course from what had been planned, and weird that he had so much to say, which I can only believe is also against protocol, MOO. Can't wait to hear some news.

I think this is Hannah and they may be cross-checking other DNA against, perhaps, something found at the crime scene, i.e a weapon or a "rape kit" etc. If so, that could take a while. Why they have decided, Imo, not to release her identification yet is a mystery to me, as I find it hard to believe they do not know yet. But maybe they want to make any announcements possible at one time.

I hope a gag order is not immediately put into place, once he appears for charges, or whatever. If we think we are impatient these four days...going a year or two before trial(s) will be much worse, and a shame, as people begin to forget. Hoping searches for other victims keeps cases in the news throughout time until trials begin.

I wouldn't be surprised if we continue to get updates (no matter how small) in this case for the foreseeable future. The local media has been reporting on this case constantly for the past 5 weeks...I don't think they will want to "drop" the case or stop their daily reporting of it anytime soon.

It wont be a year or two in the state of Virginia. If felony charges are brought against JLM they have to try him within 5 months from the date of indictment.

http://www.robertslaw.org/what-are-my-rights-to-a-speedy-trial-in-virginia/

They'll easily convict him for the Fairfax rape (apparently solid DNA evidence). Once he's put away for that, there will be no need to rush an indictment in any other case. They will have plenty of time to get everything perfect.

Your story is unbelievable , I woke to thinking about this terrified woman hiding in the woods while a freaking taxi driver stalked her for 2 hrs! Fear is an adrenaline clearing sensation, survival instinct buried in each of us lay dormant until a moment like hers. Brave beyond words, she is. Her amazing flight reaction after realizing that she never gave him an address, she managed to stay cool until he stopped the car and bolted into the woods to hide, just incredible! She didn't second guess her instincts. So so grateful that she is here.

This story makes me wonder whether Morgan leapt from the car when he slowed to turn on to Red Hill Rd towards Walnut Creek Park. And she ran the other way onto Anchorage Farm and he parked and searched for her there, getting madder and madder at her for inconveniencing him, and eventually cornering and tackling her in a remote corner of the property.

The delay in identification and ongoing search and this story really have my mind imagining darker and darker scenarios.

I saw this article yesterday and wonder if this isn't the reason the skull was sent for testing (I just brought over the most relevant bit of info):

"Thirteen individuals' worth of DNA might not sound like a lot, but Bradley and his colleagues were able to pull an unprecedented amount of information from their remains. By using the densest bone in the human body (one found in the inner ear) they were able to recover from 40 to 87 percent of each individual's genetic information –compared to the 1 percent that most bone samples yield."

Full article to be found here:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...nt-for-the-first-4000-years-they-made-cheese/

It seems that identifying a body via dental records is very quick and inexpensive. I wonder why this could not be done in this case? The only reason I can fathom is that either HG did not visit a dentist, which is difficult to believe, or that the skull they found did not contain teeth, which is also difficult to believe. So I can't help feeling that they (LE) already know the body discovered is not the body of HG. It would also make sense that it was NOT her body since it was already in such a state of decomp, no hair, bones scattered, etc. If LE found that the bones discovered were NOT HG, but they didn't know whose they were, that would be terrible. I feel like if it were HG, they would have known that much quicker. I'm just not getting a good feeling about this. I also think it is way too weird that the LE Terry went off course from what had been planned, and weird that he had so much to say, which I can only believe is also against protocol, MOO. Can't wait to hear some news.

I am thinking that LE simply does not want to release this information to the public at this time. All other information on the case seems to be strategically shared with the media, so we just have to wait. Frustrating, though.

This story makes me wonder whether Morgan leapt from the car when he slowed to turn on to Red Hill Rd towards Walnut Creek Park. And she ran the other way onto Anchorage Farm and he parked and searched for her there, getting madder and madder at her for inconveniencing him, and eventually cornering and tackling her in a remote corner of the property.

The delay in identification and ongoing search and this story really have my mind imagining darker and darker scenarios.

Slowed from Rt 29? yeah, I guess that wouldn't have been that far. I wonder where he would have parked though.

I followed Morgans case. I remember something about LE saying there would be damage to the car the suspect was driving do you remember that?

But if the ID of HG were positive, LE would be happy to share that news, since the world is waiting and that is what the world expects to hear. They can hold back whatever else they have, but I am sure they would not hold back the fact that HG has been identified. So either they don't know yet (and if not, why not, and why didn't they use dental records), or it is not her, and it is an unknown, for which they now have to seek other clues and information. MOO

I am thinking that LE simply does not want to release this information to the public at this time. All other information on the case seems to be strategically shared with the media, so we just have to wait. Frustrating, though.

I've been wondering. This is going to sound anti-LE, but I don't meant it that way as I'm probably one of the most pro LE people here. They released a lot of info because they needed the public's help. Now they don't need us so much so the release of info is drying up. Basically they used the public. And that's fine. Whatever it takes to get the job done. It's annoying, but I understand and support the strategy.

Did I mention it was annoying??

Well here is my thinking, the LE is withholding telling us, but I think its HG. If not then we would need to continue to look for her. Not telling the public that she is still missing would be a huge mistake cause everyone is letting their guard down and just sitting in limbo.

Interesting theory. I keep going back to that tribute painting "The Hunted", and wondering what they know that would have inspired that name.

But if the ID of HG were positive, LE would be happy to share that news, since the world is waiting and that is what the world expects to hear. They can hold back whatever else they have, but I am sure they would not hold back the fact that HG has been identified. So either they don't know yet (and if not, why not, and why didn't they use dental records), or it is not her, and it is an unknown, for which they now have to seek other clues and information. MOO

Or there's something going on in the conversations with JM.

I've been wondering. This is going to sound anti-LE, but I don't meant it that way as I'm probably one of the most pro LE people here. They released a lot of info because they needed the public's help. Now they don't need us so much so the release of info is drying up. Basically they used the public. And that's fine. Whatever it takes to get the job done. It's annoying, but I understand and support the strategy.

Did I mention it was annoying??

Wasn't it reported that the county has now taken over? And aren't they a lot more quiet than Charlottesville LE? I wonder if that will also have an effect on how much/often we hear about the case now.

The whole "We will release a statement, not hold a PC when the remains are identified" could simply be that Albemarle County does things differently.

At work and just marking my spot. Please let today be the day.

Has anyone else here considered, too, that JM may begin his activities up again in the fall when swimming at Walnut Creek Park closes down and activity around the park decreases? On the WCP website yesterday I saw that swimming is available from Memorial Day to Labor Day, except for days when Albemarle County Schools are in session.

http://www.albemarle.org/department.asp?department=parks&relpage=2744

Maybe WCP is HIS playground in the fall and winter, and he just waits for other people to get out of the way. Maybe locals can explain how much less "supervision" the park has after swimming is no longer available in the fall. I believe I have already read that the maintenance hut is unmanned then, and would also assume that the fee-taker's gatehouse would be unmanned.

No telling what they'll find. Yuck.

Speculation, all moo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members