Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM. I think this really makes a LOT of sense. Bells went off in my head when I read it, which is a sure sign of an "Aha" moment for me. The only thing that makes me hesitate is this: would it be possible for someone local to the area to NOT know about the biking event that was taking part at WCP that day? Not being a local myself, I have no idea whether the event was widely advertised on tv and by other media. Would he have known about it?

Has LE said anything about bringing divers in to search the water at WCP?

Is the perimeter of WCP enclosed by a fence?

I live in another state in an area that is always being used for athletic events. I never know until I see it. There are so many athletic events it would be hard to keep up, I imagine

To be fair--I think that when HG disappeared, two key things factored in to the aggressive search:
1. The video. They had their suspect very quickly, and wanted to get him off the streets.
2. They suspected instantly that this was a serial killer, and tied to MH (and thus 2005 fairfax). With SC, I think they have been fairly confident that the perpetrator (RAT) is behind bars.

i agree but these factors don't go away once she goes to the MEs office. I think in the ME office this case will be given the same priority every other part of it has which is to say beyond first priority ... and it won't be hung up behind some random case no ones heard of based on ethics. I didn't mean to take a side in the ethical debate just to state that in real life certain things are given priority irregardless of the ethical considerations.

From what the locals have said about the abundance of vultures, there may have been dozens of calls regarding bird activity.

Yes, they probably had multiple calls about many locations with buzzard activity.

From what the locals have said about the abundance of vultures, there may have been dozens of calls regarding bird activity.

Yes, they probably had multiple calls about many locations with buzzard activity.

BBM. I think this really makes a LOT of sense. Bells went off in my head when I read it, which is a sure sign of an "Aha" moment for me. The only thing that makes me hesitate is this: would it be possible for someone local to the area to NOT know about the biking event that was taking part at WCP that day? Not being a local myself, I have no idea whether the event was widely advertised on tv and by other media. Would he have known about it?

Has LE said anything about bringing divers in to search the water at WCP?

Is the perimeter of WCP enclosed by a fence?

I did not know about it and I live only a few miles from there. There are events like that all the time that are well known to be happening among the local sporting community, but not among others necessarily.

IMO if they called out the dogs, its not Hannah Graham. Its someone else that has been missing or its two people (possibly HG) and they are looking for more. This is taking way too long, knocking teeth out doesn't fit JM M.O. Its hard to get those back teeth out. We know there was a struggle with the rape in 05 but she said he tried to strangle her out cold, not beat her to the point she was out cold.

Especially since LE said on two occasions that tips were slowing down...It made me think they had gone through all of them. I guess the tips about the buzzards were not assigned a high priority, or were likely dismissed as merely being a suggestion.

I think the teams of searchers (including the team that found the remains) are given a list of specific areas to search. This team searched a portion of the park. I say "portion" because the 200 person park search was taking place the next day. Wen finished with their assigned area of the park, they decided to continue searching a bit longer. They didn't search every house and area on both sides of OLR between the park and 3193 (I don't think) so they went to another tip that was on the list. This makes the most sense to me. IMO

a little off topic, but...
Laura French ‏@lfrenchnews 1h1 hour ago

BREAKING Nelson CA confirms he has ordered social media analysis of #AlexisMurphy's accounts per #RandyTaylor defense request @CBS6
We all know where this is going....straight to ask.

If these remains aren't HG I wonder who they belong to? I'm having some doubt they are because of the advanced stage of being skeleton and no ME ID yet, seems odd to me. If not her than who? Someone who was associated with renter there?? Maybe possible JM had nothing to do with that skeleton behind the house if not HG. I thought for sure this was her after Longo announced the find. I know it's protocol to let HG parents know a body was found during search whether HG or not.

they are searching pretty damn extensively for it so not to be related to JLM. When was the last time you saw a random murder scene processed by like 100 LE members from 5 agencies for a week? I think you can take it to the bank whatever they found is related to the JLM case regardless of whether it's HG or not (IMO it is HG).

If JM did something to Hannah's teeth, you would think he would also have gotten rid of her body "better"...He didn't even bury her.

I honestly would disregard the comment about the smell from the neighbors. We go "mudding" and wet mud can smell HORRIBLE. Also, decaying leaves, etc. Plenty of things in nature smell similar to decomposition.

I think her body/the body/the bodies were far enough in the woods that no one smelled her/them.

I live in these mountains, on the Kentucky side, and no, decaying organic matter, and a decomposing body DO NOT smell even close. I smell the organic every day. I have only smelled a decomposing body only once. Not even close IMO. :)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/23/college-rape-transfer_n_6030770.html?utm_hp_ref=college
bbm
Matthew is accused of abducting and planning to sexually assault Hannah Graham, a University of Virginia sophomore who has been missing for more than a month. (Human remains found by searchers over the weekend haven't yet been identified.) This isn’t the first time Matthew has been suspected of sexual assault -- it’s the fourth, authorities said. Yet this is the first time he’s been held behind bars.

Fifth, actually.

ICYMI #RandyTaylor defense requested #AlexisMurphy social media analysis to determine any possible connection to #JesseMatthew @CBS6
yep straight to ask

Maybe Smart is not the correct term for JM.

I think he is cunning. Really good fishermen, take into account many factors. They remember certain spots for years and years. They factor time, weather, wind, tide, bait, lure, weights, hook, line, technique, etc. Not scholars, but there are many things to know and apply.

I considered this, but in all honesty, I think they are probably just going forward as fast as the law calls for in all of the cases. The Fairfax case is the fastest simply because enough information was there to pursue the charges. They didn't need to search for a body.

IMO you're just saying the same thing I said, I suppose I should have clarified as of TODAY the Fairfax case is the strongest they have .... because they have everything they need already.

EDIT: To clarify if you don't already have what you need you can't be 100% certain you will ever have what you need.

I live in these mountains, on the Kentucky side, and no, decaying organic matter, and a decomposing body DO NOT smell even close. I smell the organic every day. I have only smelled a decomposing body only once. Not even close IMO. :)

Well, the problem with the neighbor saying "bad smell" is that turkey vultures don't fool with bodies that have started the putrification stage.

So the time frame doesn't add up from when the buzzards were seen to when the neighbors smelled odor.

My main point is I think we can disregard the neighbor's statement about closing the windows because it doesn't fit the time line.

a little off topic, but...

BREAKING Nelson CA confirms he has ordered social media analysis of #AlexisMurphy's accounts per #RandyTaylor defense request @CBS6
We all know where this is going....straight to ask.

Yes, indeed. I had just posted a bit ago on the RAT/JM thread about the ask stuff. Did Hannah have any kind of account like that at all, lik kik or another social platform? I can't help revisiting the videos of her downtown walking as if she were in a hurry at first and then more casually when beside LJ. It just doesn't make sense she'd up and walk away from her friends and go downtown unless there was a reason for doing so.

We are all sitting around here thinking of this stuff...I just don't think JM thinks about it that much. I don't think he's all that smart with regard to forensic issues.

He hunts, captures, kills and dumps. Yeah he might keep something. He might dump in areas he is familiar with and drive by. But to me and I'm not always right, he just does his thing like he has for years and figured he would not be caught like has has not been for years.

What caught him was the video.
Then they got his DNA....and now he's officially linked.

Had it not been for the video we would have no ID on the DNA and he would still be out there.

I wish they would hurry on the ID for HG, but there's really no reason to rush so much since he has been charged for 2005. Now he is stuck in jail..he's not going anywhere anytime soon.

To me they really should search everything/everywhere out there. Either way it solidifies things against him if/when remains are ID as HG.

I don't think they would call her dad out there for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member