Hannah Graham: Remains Identified

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, I am seriously sick. While I haven't kept up with this thread for the last week.. I was "so" hoping it wasn't her. Prayers

Rip beautiful girl. YOU will help bring this man to justice, you will not die in vain.

For Hannah...

Darling, shimmering, beautiful girl...
Innocent one...
Walking with seeming purpose to an unknown beat...
Your stride should be continuing still...
Strong, unaltered...
Marching on...

Cut short by darkness...
Crooked cliffs...
Yet strength of love and life resist...
A memory is more than..
A thought, a smile; a pumped up fist...

Your spirit lives on in starlit nights;
On beaches, the wind..
And birds at flight...

You are a girl of forever smiles...
A champ; a sweetie..
Of British style...
A girl who trusted, laughed and cared...
A treasured one..
You should still be here...

A shooting star...
Darkened too soon..
But embers enduring...
Reflecting the moon...

Love never diminished....
Not left to chance...
Sweet, beautiful Hannah...
With all the angels- dance....

Appreciate your sweet tribute- thanks for sharing it!

But they could issue their own statement without involving Camblos.
Not everyone can afford to hire private counsel to act as their media handlers or feel comfortable dealing directly with press. The family of JM are in an unenviable position. They wanted to acknowledge the pain of the families of the two young women their son is suspected of killing. They probably reached out to their son's attorney to see if he could assist them with releasing a statement. JMO on how he could have come to be giving a statement on behalf of the family of JM

I think the ID came much sooner than we think. I don't think the Grahams composed that statement just today. I think they were told the announcement would be today, but were informed of the ID earlier in the week. An interview posted on Tuesday from a reporter who went in search of JLM's mom said she was told his mother hadn't been home for days. I also believe the Fairfax charges weren't announced until they knew the ID. IMO the ID was made very quickly, just not released publicly.

I thought something similar as soon as I read that. At first I thought, wow, if they wrote that today they must have already accepted she was gone, there is no way they went through that acknowledgement quick enough to compose that letter within a few hours. I think they were told that the investigation would clear out today, and it would be the last opportunity with guaranteed privacy there. I think that LE knew, the parents would be spotted and some kind of statement would have to be made. So I think the order of this day, the visit, and release of info, and parent statement has been planned for a couple days....jmo of course.

I came to this thread very early this morning and kept it open all day as I read on other threads as well. I haven't posted much on the threads but have read constantly.

As a mother of two daughters and the grandmother of a college student, I am just devastated for the Graham's as well as the Harrington's. As I watched all of this unfold, I just couldn't help but think nonstop of Hannah out there somewhere just waiting to be found. I worried more at night because I almost couldn't bear to think of her out there in the darkness all alone, away from home and those who love her. To think that Hannah and Morgan was out there in the condition they were found in is beyond heartbreaking.

I am angry, very angry. I don't want there to be any plea deal. I want JLM to have to sit in court every day and know that it is all about the evil he has done to Hannah, Morgan, and the Fairfax victim. I want him to get the death penalty just as he gave to Hannah and Morgan. I want him also to have to listen to how brutal his attack was on the Fairfax victim. I want to see his face when the verdict is announced. I want him to suffer badly every remaining day of his life, then burn in hell when he is gone.

I am feeling very vindictive even though I know I am wrong to feel that way. JLM is no 'gentle giant'. He is a psychopathic murderer. I hope he rots in hell.

Sorry, folks. That is the way I feel. I also do not believe in plea deals.

May Hannah rest in heavenly peace, and her family know that so many, many people cared for her and loved her. GB the family whom are left behind. May peace and love be with them always.

MOO

For Hannah...

Innocent one...
Strong, unaltered...
Marching on...

Cut short by darkness...
Crooked cliffs...
A memory is more than..

On beaches, the wind..
And birds at flight...

A champ; a sweetie..
Of British style...
A treasured one..

A shooting star...
Darkened too soon..
But embers enduring...
Reflecting the moon...

Not left to chance...

That is beautifully written--I hope you can send it to the Graham family.

UNLESS the police have zilch as far as evidence, the public WILL NOT ALLOW there to be plea bargain. I guarantee it!

People in San Diego said the same thing about the Chelsea King case.

Yet her parents discussed it with the DA and allowed a plea offer in order to bring finality to the Amber Dubois case.

There's still a lot not known about Amber's case, but at least her parents were able to bury their daughter. They've repeatedly expressed gratitude to the Kings for allowing them that, knowing JAG would have almost certainly gotten death just for Chelsea's murder.

And for there part, Chelsea's parents said that they couldn't imagine Amber's parents not being able to bury her and people always question if it wasn't really also JAG, etc. They also said that in a weird way it was going to be a blessing since Chelsea's brother wouldn't have to live through the horrors of a very prolonged, highly covered trial.

There was definitely some public outcry about the plea - I taught many of Chelsea's classmates and it literally happened in my backyard on the same trails I also ran on, and at the time, I was working blocks from where Amber had been abducted from - so I was right in the middle of the most 'passionate' area of the whole thing, but the sentiment was similar all over.

Yet the explanation from Chelsea's parents and the statements from Amber's family really calmed the debate about whether it was a good thing or not. And while yes, some people still think the wrong thing was done, very few would ever begrudge Amber's parents not having closure and her remains being brought home, nor Chelsea's family being able to avoid a trial they weren't completely eager to endure, despite the fact they would have been happy to have JAG on death row.

I'd think it's not out of the question it may be similar in VA - especially since it's definitely possible that it may be used like it was here in San Diego - as a bargaining chip to find other victims.

There's so much more at play in VA who knows what all else might come out even if he was offered (and took) a plea, whether for HG or HG and MH both or...?

And perhaps they'd extend it for those to get other remains, but have another they'd not allow a plea for or something :dunno:

Not everyone can afford to hire private counsel to act as their media handlers or feel comfortable dealing directly with press. The family of JM are in an unenviable position. They wanted to acknowledge the pain of the families of the two young women their son is suspected of killing. They probably reached out to their son's attorney to see if he could assist them with releasing a statement. JMO on how he could have come to be giving a statement on behalf of the family of JM

I agree with you but including his own condolences in the statement seems odd to me, especially in light of the fact that he hasn't made any other statements regarding any of the cases to date.

Having said that, his first public statement is bound to be picked apart because he's been silent up to this point. Had he made comments previously, this statement might not seem so out of place.

For Hannah...

Innocent one...
Strong, unaltered...
Marching on...

Cut short by darkness...
Crooked cliffs...
A memory is more than..

On beaches, the wind..
And birds at flight...

A champ; a sweetie..
Of British style...
A treasured one..

A shooting star...
Darkened too soon..
But embers enduring...
Reflecting the moon...

Not left to chance...

Poignant and stunningly beautiful! RIP Hannah.

Imagine having been JM's roommate. Imagine all those FB friends who wrote supportive statements, or being a mother of a child he coached. Wow.

I am so sorry about Hannah. I am glad that her family gets closure, but how terribly, terribly sad for them.

Can someone quickly summarize why Casey Anthony didn't get convicted? It's baffling. Could this happen with JM?

Well, pretty much seems like it. After all, he's definitely been tied to her abduction, and charges have been filed.

I agree with this! But I also think if prevention of the next girl is to happen, somewhere, not here, discussion should be allowed into how we all, but it seems particularly women can do things that perhaps make them less vulnerable to those who "hunt prey", such as implying the buddy system. Learning from tragedies is at times the best way to honor them.

Which is just what Help Save The Next Girl is all about. No blame, just prevention and education.

I understand, and I certainly don't want to argue. I just find it strange (even with the explanation above from someone knowledgeable) that he not only issued that statement on their behalf but inserted himself into it. He could have helped them write a statement and given it to the appropriate people. He could have directed them to the appropriate people. he could have issued a statement on their behalf and his own statement on his own behalf.

I just find it strange and at the same time hopeful that JM is talking and has admitted guilt.

Has he officially been charged with HGs murder?
They will need DNA for that?
No, he has not yet been charged with anything other than abduction with intent to defile in relation to Hannah Graham. No, they do not need DNA to charge him with murder. And, if tried, the jury will not need DNA to convict him although it is obviously a powerful piece of evidence. People were convicted of crimes, including murder, long before DNA testing became available. And I am not saying that to sound like a smart alec. It is easy to forget in the days of CSI and other crime shows. Sometimes even in contract cases, I feel like jurors are looking at me like "where's the DNA?"

Among other things, I believe Mr. Camblos is trying to personalize Jesse Matthew's family to soften the public's criticism of them. However, I am sure JM's mother is sympathetic to the Graham and Harrington families.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23