CANADA Canada - Tamra Keepness, 5, Regina, Sask, 5 July 2004

If it is a real map, then who ever drew it has provided clues as to their identity right in the map! For example, they drew a house and labelled it "Billy's" So obviously who ever drew the map knows this person named Billy who lives there... unless "Billy's" is the name of a restaurant or something... but there is also "Tonky's" and "Tod Kappo's"... at least one of them has to be a person right?

I read your post too quickly and didn't notice that you had discovered who Todd Cappo is... he would be the chief for that reserve... I'm going to see if it's on google maps

Thing is, you need to remember that reserves (and small town Saskatchewan in general) are very close knit communities where everyone knows each other. Labelling places on the map with people's names doesn't point to any one person, there would be hundreds of people who know those people. The native communities here have a lot of transient residents. Children are raised with extended family and often stay at many different houses with many different people. We have a lot of missing kid reports where it turns out the kid just went to a family or friend's house and didn't tell their caretaker and they're found perfectly safe the next day or two. This is why having many people at Tamra's that night isn't something uncommon, and why the map doesn't point to a small group of people just because they use first names. And because the community is so close knit, you have to be careful who you blab to and what you say - if you tell the police something, someone will find out it was you.

I've thought from the start that it was either an inappropriate touching situation gone wrong (she screamed and they wanted to shut her up sort of thing) or an accident (she ingested drugs lying around and overdosed, she went out into the street and someone ran her over, etc.) and people in the house knew they'd get busted for drugs or be a suspect if they reported it, so they disposed of the body instead. There's a bajillion places to dump a body here, you know the old joke about being able to watch your dog run away for days? Yeah, you can watch him run away for days and not see another living soul either.

There's been a lot of speculation on her being taken for her mom's drug debts. I can see people talking big about it and threatening her mom, but I can't see them taking Tamra and killing her. That's a level of drug violence we don't see here. We've only had one drive-by shooting related to drugs, and stabbings are the common form of violence. Killing children is Mexican cartel level stuff, not Saskatchewan reserve stuff. Gangs have become more widespread here in recent years, but not *that* widespread.

Well, hmm, Muscopetung and Pasqua are both names of Indian tribes. Tried various spellings of that school but didn't find anything.

I wonder if "slew" means a slough.

ETA: Further googling tells me Todd Cappo is chief of the Muscopetung tribe.

I think the school name may be Kaniswapit Central School, near Fort Qu'Appelle, SK, Canada which is located near Pasqua Lake (which I think may be labelled as "slew" in the hand drawn map). I'm not sure how to link the google map, sorry. Just put in "Kaniswapit Central School, Fort Qu'Appelle, SK, Canada" in google maps.

There really doesn't seem to be much around it, but remember, we also don't know the scale of the hand drawn map. Maybe there are miles between the features, instead of the commonly assumed metres/yards.

I can't get a link to work for some reason, but if you put the name of the school into google maps it will come up: Kaniswapit Central School
Muscowpetung 80, SK, Canada

Here, try this link. There really doesn't seem to be much around it, but remember, we also don't know the scale of the hand drawn map. Maybe there are miles between the features, instead of the commonly assumed metres/yards.

https://maps.google.com/maps?hq=htt...ft.kml&f=d&dirflg=d&output=classic&dg=feature
Thx. For me, that link isn't working but I'm on my phone so that may be why. When I compared the Google map of the school's location to the hand drawn map earlier, it seemed to me that the map may be drawn with south to the top - so the opposite orientation to the Google map. And there is a road that resembles the same arc shown on the drawing, though you are correct that we have no idea of scale.

http://www.leaderpost.com/Police+assess+area+claimed+location+Keepness+body/10353195/story.html

Investigators from the Regina Police Service and the RCMP travelled to the Muscowpetung First Nation on Tuesday to assess an area referenced on a hand-drawn map and look for clues in the decade-old disappearance of Tamra Keepness...

Three investigators — one from the RPS, one from the RCMP’s F Division and one from the Fort Qu’Appelle RCMP — identified about 30 wells in the community. But in the area highlighted on the sketch, they located one well, not three, said Popowich...

As of 4 p.m., the officers had not yet returned to Regina. Based on their assessment, a decision will be made on how to proceed in the investigation.

Search for missing aboriginal girl prompted by Reddit posting continues
November 5, 2014

...The map, although crudely drawn, appears to jibe with the geography and layout of that portion of the community. The scribbled roads seem to line up with the real ones, the school that borders the map to the east held classes on Tuesday and even the houses plotted as landmarks exist (although the names of the inhabitants it gives are said to be inaccurate).

On Tuesday, two RCMP officers and one RPS investigator looked around what they believe to be the area and consulted with the band leaders about the number and locations of wells on the reserve.

The map, which is not drawn to scale, points to three “old wells” situated in line with one another. Police found only one in the vicinity and have determined the next-nearest well to be about 2.5 kilometres away.

The “old wells” appear to be between what people here call School Hill and Gambler’s Hill, an area that is dense with trees and prickly vegetation. Tamra’s great aunt, who asked not to be named and whose home is at the foot of Gambler’s Hill, said she saw some police activity up that way this week.

“I hope they find her, to bring closure to our family,” she said.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ous-online-posting-continues/article21451600/

News Talk Radio chatted with the anonymous man who is under the user name 'MySecretIsOut' on ***********.

"Who knows? Maybe it won't lead to her but there is no way to know without trying. I could not just keep it from the public. At least this way I know someone will go looking...and will continue to look for her," he replied.

http://www.newstalk650.com/story/anonymous-poster-muscowpetung-map-about-keepness-pleased/444663

So many 'mixed messages' in the media, but this article implies that the map poster wants to keep anonymity, fearing for the safety of his family. (I wonder how this particular media determined that the person they interviewed was, in fact, the reddit map poster?)

From the Globe link above:

“We were doing good, we were coasting along, and then all of a sudden there’s this map,” said Mr. McArthur, who spent six months in jail for assaulting a friend, Russell Sheepskin, outside the Ottawa Street home the night Tamra went missing. “We go good for a while but then … all of a sudden it frickin’ gets us into turmoil again.”

...rather than saying any glimmer of hope is good??

No other comment.
:maddening:

"There is nothing to indicate that this information is authentic and a physical search of the area suggested in the sketch has not uncovered any evidence of Tamra Keepness or anything connected to her," the statement said.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/no-evidence-of-missing-child-tamra-keepness-in-wells-linked-to-reddit-map-1.2828429

Sounds like LE has discounted the "map" as having relevance to Tamra's disappearance.

I don't know whether that's good news or bad. It's good because that means there's a small chance she is still alive (although it's one heck of a long shot), but bad because there is still no closure.

Tamra Keepness remembered 11 years after disappearance
July 3, 2015 8:59 pm

snipped
“I was just driving by myself in this morning and thinking ‘oh my god, how can some people live with this for 11 years,’” said Lucinda Toto, Tamra’s great aunt. “How do they sleep? Do they have a conscience?”

The eleventh annual BBQ to mark Tamra’s disappearance was attended by Regina Police members, as well as concerned citizens at Core Community Park.

The reward for information regarding the case was doubled to $50,000 last year on the tenth anniversary of her disappearance.

The case remains open and Regina Police Deputy Chief Dean Rae says the investigation is ongoing and that police haven’t lost hope.

Saskatoon Police with RCMP cold case investigators have identified female remains found earlier this month. Her identity has not been released to the public yet. The way the article is worded just sends off so many alarms in my head - female, not woman and the cold case investigators being involved. Plus no one noticed the excavation, which leads me to believe it was in a rural area near the city. I mean, we've had remains found around here before, but there's never been so much secrecy and formality around it. The evening news had a live report from the news center, that never happens unless it's something breaking.

Edit: Forgot to mention that they required DNA to identify the body. That means extreme decomp. And since the results were returned in 2 weeks, that leads me to believe the process was expedited, perhaps for a high profile case involving a child?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back