Luka Magotta AKA Eric Newman Trial, Week beginning Oct 27, 2014 - Trial Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luka where do you think your going ?

4fFX5.gif

We still haven't heard what Pluka's excuse for killing JL is. "Well, I had to lure, drug, decapitate and dismember him because the voices in my head told me I walk like a monkey" just ain't good enough :p

Maybe Marilyn Monroe has something to say about it?

Seriously, I felt.so bad for JL's dad having to listen to all that rubbish today. :( I bet he's suffering some pretty bad anxiety himself and having trouble sleeping, right? And having nightmares about the video. And LM might not be suicidal, but JL's mum has been.

I don't know what Leclair was thinking calling that prison psychiatrist as a witness, it just makes LM look despicable and has no.relevance to his state of mind at the time of the crime. The doctor even said that asking him about the crime is not her job - so why are we hearing from her???

"She said that before, she was full of hope for life . . . . (She now has) no interest to live in this world,” said the interpreter as she translated for Du, who broke down in tears a couple of times while talking about Lin.
“She wants so much to hug her son.”
. . .
Overcome with emotion, a trembling and weeping Diran Lin left the courtroom in tears a few weeks ago after hearing evidence. He did not return to the courthouse for a couple of days.
. . .
The family’s lawyer said they decided to meet with reporters Tuesday to ensure Lin’s memory does not get lost amid the heightened media interest in the suspect and the gruesome details of the case.
. . .

“They don’t want their son to be a footnote in the CV of the accused,” said attorney Daniel Urbas, a Montreal commercial-litigation lawyer, who is acting pro bono.
“They understand the accused is on trial, but for them it’s all about their son, the memory of their son and his legacy.”

http://m.thestar.com/#/article/news...tudent_jun_lin_has_lost_the_will_to_live.html

"She said that before, she was full of hope for life . . . . (She now has) no interest to live in this world,” said the interpreter as she translated for Du, who broke down in tears a couple of times while talking about Lin.
. . .
Overcome with emotion, a trembling and weeping Diran Lin left the courtroom in tears a few weeks ago after hearing evidence. He did not return to the courthouse for a couple of days.
. . .
The family’s lawyer said they decided to meet with reporters Tuesday to ensure Lin’s memory does not get lost amid the heightened media interest in the suspect and the gruesome details of the case.
. . .

“They don’t want their son to be a footnote in the CV of the accused,” said attorney Daniel Urbas, a Montreal commercial-litigation lawyer, who is acting pro bono.
“They understand the accused is on trial, but for them it’s all about their son, the memory of their son and his legacy.”

http://m.thestar.com/#/article/news...tudent_jun_lin_has_lost_the_will_to_live.html

Oh yeah...that's just what JL's mother needs. A letter from LM. Will he write it on some lovely pink paper? SMH :notgood:

MOO

It seems like Leclair is pulling witnesses out of nowhere to try and prove his case. However, we keep getting the same message that Luka is mentally ill, but not if he was mentally ill during the time of the killing. It's strange how Luka only had paranoia and anixtey during his tenure in prision, yet not after the killing and his time on the run. I think it provides a clue to his mental state at the time. I hope the jury finds him guility, though I am sure deciding the verdict will take hours.

Another thing I wonder Leclair will do, is bring out the mysterious Emile Lacroix

It seems like Leclair is pulling witnesses out of nowhere to try and prove his case. However, we keep getting the same message that Luka is mentally ill, but not if he was mentally ill during the time of the killing. It's strange how Luka only had paranoia and anixtey during his tenure in prision, yet not after the killing and his time on the run. I think it provides a clue to his mental state at the time. I hope the jury finds him guility, though I am sure deciding the verdict will take hours.

*Another thing I wonder Leclair will do, is bring out the mysterious Emile Lacroix*

422524610_oh_no_you_didnt_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

"She said that before, she was full of hope for life . . . . (She now has) no interest to live in this world,”

:tears:

View attachment 62729

http://ww2.nationalpost.com/m/wp/bl...otic-than-schizophrenic-after-doctors-testify

Some more details in here, although they seem to have gotten some of their facts wrong. I did notice yesterday how the tweets from different reporters were sometimes contradictory

Mr. Magnotta believed he was being watched on camera all the time or that his phone was tapped — but such things may be normal in institutions such as jails, Dr. Roy said, so “it’s hard to separate what is real in this.” Some of it, she said, “is part of the reality you have to face in prison.”

He has a phone in jail ????

(Hello to everyone, I'm only reading about this psychopath until today. I'm from Germany and not this good in writing English)

I think he meant the pay phone at the prison. Of course it will be tapped!

I'm out at the min so I can't copy any tweets about Puka!

AND - it seems he can wander around in the middle of the night to EAT!!

:bang:

PLEASE READ FROM BOTTOM UP:

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 42s 43 seconds ago

Suspending the testimony of current psychiatrist of #Magnotta. Starting instead with psychiatrist Dr. Thomas Barth from Germany.
0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites
Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 2m 2 minutes ago

Jury is here.#Magnotta trial Day TwentyTwo begins. #CJAD
0 replies 1 retweet 1 favorite
Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 6m 6 minutes ago

Dealing with a few legal matters first. #Magnotta
Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 7m 7 minutes ago

Getting ready to start. Judge has arrived. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 52s 52 seconds ago

Defence wants Barth qualified as expert in forensic psychiatry. #Magnotta

He will testify in English but can get help from German interpreter if needed. #Magnotta

Works in Berlin in psych department of prison hospital. #Magnotta
0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites

Going over his CV now. Copies to the jury. #Magnotta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors