AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the information.
I have been involved in these types of conversations with people and I will input how they generally go.
You are very close in your summary here.
My input will be bolded.

Wendy must have known there were some incriminating texts on his phone for her to have deleted them. Probably related to the incest case.
Was she protecting herself, the ultimate killer of Brittney, or Donnie?
Wasn't Brittney's gun used to kill Donnie?
Who would have known it was in the truck?
Self preservation is the strongest motivator to force one's hand.
There is a limit to what someone will do to protect someone else but no limit to protecting yourself.

RSBM

I agree. Something to add to this is that I personally believe Wendy deleted vm's & texts as self preservation bc why go through all that trouble tying to break the code to find Brittney but not help search for her bc there were other more pressing matters to deal with - such as a dying/dead husband. If Wendy was worried enough to hack the code, why not be worried enough to search for Brittney? I seem to remember Wendy being frustrated with everything Donnie did for Brittney and she put her foot down about rides to go get Britt & take her home, which is why she said Donnie said Brittney could come stay but she had to get a ride there. I remember thinking Wendy was jealous of Brittney & I personally believe she felt threatened by how close Britt was with Donnie. So would Wendy be ok with Britt staying at Donnie's while she herself was home with their boys? I don't think so. Getting rid of Britt would be like killing 2 birds with one stone for Wendy - she'd get rid of the sex threat weapon & get rid of what she may have viewed as competition.

Considering Brittney already put grandma's boyfriend who lived with Chessie & Brittney in prison for life, that alone might could cause a hate filled need for revenge and/or put a fear of ending up like him to any and all of the 11-12 named suspects and any still unnamed presently.
http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2014/08/missing_woman_brittany_wood_wa.html

Also, sometimes I think the victim being discussed in the letters written to Wendy is feared as being just as powerful a witness as Brittney would have been and its possible, this person reached out to Brittney on FB after contacting law enforcement. And the family thought Brittney had snitched. This one is a long shot, but I still wonder if she was taken out for something she didn't do. (Maybe the Scott initiated investigation into Donald would fit this theory, as well. ) LE wasn't aware of the social media exchange until July 2012?, (made public in April 2013) but it doesn't necessarily mean they weren't aware of the rapes when visiting Wendy on 5/30/2012. Right?

First time posting on this thread but long time lurker. This may seem like a long shot to you, but honestly I have thought along these lines for quite sometime. I think Wendy had more of a leadership role in this whole sick group and I think she mistakenly thought Brittney was the snitch and by taking Brittney and Donald out of the equation everyone else would be protected from potential arrest.

Well thank you Jersey Girl.
I am not really new here, I just don't post very much.
I have been working on a 57 year old cold case in Chicago that you can read about here if you wish.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...cago-December-27-1956&p=10915566#post10915566

My partner and I have uncovered new evidence for the case and have recently had meetings with some high ranking law enforcement officials in Chicago and it looks like we have convinced them to take a new look at the case.

I came across Brittney's case by accident and found it very sad, that's why I began commenting on it.
Unfortunately, I don't live near the area so I can only comment from afar.

I just noticed it said you joined 2013! Crazy I haven't run across your posts before, they seem so poignant. I've heard of the Grimes sisters in the past. Thank you for sharing the link.

First time posting on this thread but long time lurker. This may seem like a long shot to you, but honestly I have thought along these lines for quite sometime. I think Wendy had more of a leadership role in this whole sick group and I think she mistakenly thought Brittney was the snitch and by taking Brittney and Donald out of the equation everyone else would be protected from potential arrest.

:yeahthat:

It would really help to have the actual police case file on Brittney.
It would also be interesting to see Donnie's autopsy report, which by the way is a public document and accessible to anyone.

Hey Kate, have you noticed any authority talking about the letter Brittney wrote? I've only heard them speaking about incriminating letters between Wendy and someone else that was based on a letter that Brittney supposedly penned incriminating several people. That leads me to question if there was really a letter from Brittney to her friend in the first place, whom in turn was supposed to give it the police if something happened to Britt. Maybe police just mentioned something like that as a tactic while interrogating a perp. They can say anything within reason while interrogating to get a person to turn or give up info. The more I think about it, something about that supposed letter incriminating certain people doesn't sit right with me. The person Britt supposedly wrote it to never came forward, not even after all of these arrests and subsequent convictions. They're incarcerated now but the person still didn't come forward? It makes me wonder if there was truly even a letter in the first place. Kwim? I'm wondering if detectives were questioning people, interrogating them, maybe said hey there's a letter that Brittney wrote to a friend of hers incriminating you guys, yada yada. Then maybe the person (or people) they interrogated relayed that in a letter written to Wendy, maybe even assuming who the supposed friend was that Britt would have written the "incriminating letter" to. Maybe it was a self incriminating nail in the coffin for whomever corresponded with Wendy, maybe another penalty that can be held against them. The reason I question the letter at all is bc we don't know if a person came forward to provide that to the police yet - or did I miss that somewhere?

Not only have I not heard any authority talking about the letter Brittney wrote but it was a FOX 10 exclusive reporting on the letters to and from Wendy that the letter written by Brittney is of extreme concern to the writer. We see that in the images of the letter to Wendy but no, if Brittney's letter is real or not is still an unknown.

If not for the Youtube uploads, any of that about any letters (from Brittney, and to and from Wendy) would no longer be online. When FOX 10 pulled their entire dedicated to Brittney section, after Andrew relocated to Miami, I wondered what the heck? Recall that it did seem that Andrew obtained the letters to and from Wendy first and then they became part of the investigation. Even if Andrew is called to testify, he can't be forced to reveal his sources, right? But I'm trying not to develop a theory on media management decisions but they are missing a wide audience now that Brittney's story went global.
I keep sending all their clicks to their Youtube uploads instead:
Letter to Wendy about a letter Brittney wrote: http://youtu.be/hyE-dsx42WA
Wendy's reply: http://youtu.be/hgJ_nn1i3gk

It would really help to have the actual police case file on Brittney.
It would also be interesting to see Donnie's autopsy report, which by the way is a public document and accessible to anyone.

That is good to know. But I'm not certain an autopsy was ordered. Does anyone know? It was ruled a suicide fairly quickly and he was cremated. His alleged attempted suicide was June 1, he survived until June 4th. It wasn't until November 2013 when investigators decided to take a closer look at that. I'm sure there are x-rays and other medical records, but autopsies aren't automatic, are they?

That is good to know. But I'm not certain an autopsy was ordered. Does anyone know? It was ruled a suicide fairly quickly and he was cremated. His alleged attempted suicide was June 1, he survived until June 4th. It wasn't until November 2013 when investigators decided to take a closer look at that. I'm sure there are x-rays and other medical records, but autopsies aren't automatic, are they?

Autopsies are usually ordered with any suspicious death and almost certainly in a suicide.
You can order a copy here.
http://www.adfs.alabama.gov/Forms.aspx
The cost is $10 if I am reading it correctly.

The only thing is they may deny the request if the case is still open.
It wouldn't hurt to inquire though.

The full autopsy file is usually available as well, but if it is anything like Chicago it costs quite a bit more.

Kate, was it June 4th or June 2nd?

Not only have I not heard any authority talking about the letter Brittney wrote but it was a FOX 10 exclusive reporting on the letters to and from Wendy that the letter written by Brittney is of extreme concern to the writer. We see that in the images of the letter to Wendy but no, if Brittney's letter is real or not is still an unknown.

If not for the Youtube uploads, any of that about any letters (from Brittney, and to and from Wendy) would no longer be online. When FOX 10 pulled their entire dedicated to Brittney section, after Andrew relocated to Miami, I wondered what the heck? Recall that it did seem that Andrew obtained the letters to and from Wendy first and then they became part of the investigation. Even if Andrew is called to testify, he can't be forced to reveal his sources, right? But I'm trying not to develop a theory on media management decisions but they are missing a wide audience now that Brittney's story went global.
I keep sending all their clicks to their Youtube uploads instead:
Letter to Wendy about a letter Brittney wrote: http://youtu.be/hyE-dsx42WA
Wendy's reply: http://youtu.be/hgJ_nn1i3gk

I wonder if the letters were meant to be publicized or not at that point. From what I'm remembering, they were still writing back & forth when the media reported it. We know Wendy's not gonna release that info bc it incriminates herself. We know the letter writer wouldn't have tipped the media off bc it'd incriminate theirself as well. That leaves police to be the leak. So if police leaked the info on the letter writing, then that would imply they were done with it and hence the letter part of the investigation may have ran its course. If police were the leak, I'm wondering if it was done to see how the culprits reacted, maybe wanted to see if it would generate anymore leads regarding Brittney...or more victims. The media reporting on those letters accomplished alot bc that's exactly when people started chirping & feeling out plea deals.

Kate, was it June 4th or June 2nd?
You know, I posted June 2nd originally. Then thinking about it, went back to the timeline to verify and it says June 1 so I fixed it. - http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Maps-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=10031303#post10031303

May 30th, 2012 was a Wednesday and the last time Brittney was seen alive. Her phone pings at 1:37AM on
May 31st, 2012 Thursday so the official date last known to be alive is May 31. Approximately 40 hours later, Donald is found shot. 1:37AM Thursday to 1:37 AM Friday is 24 hours. 16 hours later would be 17:37, say 5:30pm Friday. (Give or take, I"m not sure what BrittsStepMom counts 40 hours from 7pm or the 1am)
Now on my fingers. Wed to Thursday to Friday 30-31-1st.
Then the MP report was filed on Saturday June 2nd.
I think the timeline is still accurate, but it really shouldn't be this difficult for me! LOL.

And this does bring up that when Detective Eric was at Wendy's house on Wednesday, there was no appointment yet with LE for Donald. According to the statements made by BrittsStepMom and categorized by Lash in the media thread, Donald got the call Friday morning to come in to the police station.

Oh, but are you asking about his date of death?

I confused myself. Thanks you guys.

Waitasec... Bessie, sending u a screencap of Paul's FB wall...

ETA - ok got it. Thanks Bessie. Wendy pulled the plug on the 2nd or 3rd. He lingered on then passed away on the 4th.

I'd also like to amend the statement that the 5/31/2012 LKA is due to the ping. I don't really think it is. I think 5/31/2012 was the date given as Last Seen intentionally trying to close the gap between a murder/suicide setup. The confusion over all these dates, before midnight, after midnight, Wednesday, or was it Thursday is not by accident. MOO.

I'd also like to amend the statement that the 5/31/2012 LKA is due to the ping. I don't really think it is. I think 5/31/2012 was the date given as Last Seen intentionally trying to close the gap between a murder/suicide setup. The confusion over all these dates, before midnight, after midnight, Wednesday, or was it Thursday is not by accident. MOO.

This right here deserves a thousand THANKS! :clap:

Waitasec... Bessie, sending u a screencap of Paul's FB wall...

ETA - ok got it. Thanks Bessie. Wendy pulled the plug on the 2nd or 3rd. He lingered on then passed away on the 4th.

According to the social media posts she made from the hospital, Wendy had planned to donate his organs. But because he lingered on so long on his own, they determined he was no longer a viable donor. No clue if there's any truth to that but I bring this up because of the earlier mention of autopsy reports. I don't think his death was under any suspicion yet if he was going to be an organ donor because then an autopsy would need all the organs intact, wouldn't it?

According to the social media posts she made from the hospital, Wendy had planned to donate his organs. But because he lingered on so long on his own, they determined he was no longer a viable donor. No clue if there's any truth to that but I bring this up because of the earlier mention of autopsy reports. I don't think his death was under any suspicion yet if he was going to be an organ donor because then an autopsy would need all the organs intact, wouldn't it?

Popping in to tell you all how awesome you are for your dedication to Brittney. You've kept the light on for her and how I hope you can bring her home. Thanks.

Wendy states that she and the kids stayed with Donnie on that Thursday night (May31?). She also denied that Brittney was at the Styx River house.
She was called out by other posters who are apparently also related and they dispute her claim that Brittney wasn't there, citing statements by neighbors, the pings which they claim trace back to the house itself and statements by law enforcement .

Hopefully, I am interpreting the dates correctly, since there are so many twists and turns to this case.

If this is true, it puts Wendy at the potential crime scene at the time of Brittney's disappearance.

Wednesday evening 7:30pm-ish to the 1:37AM Thursday ping is the 6 hour window that Brittney vanished. Check out the time stamp from Wendy's sick child post. IIRC it is 1:42AM Thursday. Five minutes after Brittney's phone was powered up in Grand Bay and Britt's very last ping, a single ping after nothing for 90 minutes since many at Styx River area.

And if you're a believer that everything on social media was a lie, then we know where Wendy wasn't...at home with a sick child. Also, I think Mendy often posted under Wendy's FB account - at least one of Wendy's sister's did from the hospital from June 1-June 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleanor D.