Tempo Restaurant: What Happened There?

Was the party breaking up when Hannah left it? Did other friends leave it at the same time? If she left alone, we know she went to one bar and didn't get in. Then seemed to head straight to the mall area and straight toward the Tempo area. No stop anywhere else.

It's hard to imagine any college party ended at the time she departed. If she left alone and headed directly to two bars, it would seem she was looking for someone. She obviously didn't find them unless it was JLM. He'd been in Tempo earlier, hadn't he?

No one has come forward (that we know of) saying Hannah was planning to meet them somewhere like McGrady's or Tempo. It seems to me she was planning to meet someone and was, indeed, looking FOR that someone. With no one else coming forward (and why wouldn't they), it looks more like it WAS JLM she was looking for and planning to meet. IMO

Good points but as a fellow bartender you know that there are those annoying guests who insist on paying for each round of drinks separately, rather than running an open tab.

Its annoying to bartenders because we have to stop what were doing, ring you up and then either make change or hand you a credit/debit card slip to sign. Meanwhile drink orders are backing up from our other guests . Its much faster to just open a tab and do it once in the course of a night as opposed to 6 or more times.

As such I think the bartender would have remembered JLM.

Lets not forget that Tempo is supposed to close at 1:00 AM per their website. It was 1:09 when JLM ordered those drinks and the bartender could have already called last call at that time. In which case JLM would have no choice but to pay for his drinks immediately.There is no set time for last call in non-corporate restaurants; its all according to volume.

Its not unusual at all for people to stay for 30 minutes or more after last call either....for obvious reasons like trying to get it together enough to drive, waiting to pay, calling a cab, trying to "seal the deal" etc etc.

*** I dunno how many locals we have who are following this thread but Im going to Tempos on Saturday night to have a few beers and to scope it out in person from a bartenders perspective. If anyone wants to meet me there and do some investigation of their own youre more than welcome. I would enjoy the company. I promise Im harmless and since Im making the invite on an open forum there are witnesses :DJust send me a pm prior to 3pm or so on Saturday if youre interested and perhaps we can sleuths some things out and provide an eyewitness perspective*****

Aw, man! I wish I was still local for the evening. That would be fun (not fun as in kicks and giggles- it's a serious topic- but otherwise fun) Hope someone takes you up on the offer! Take a look for surveillance videos while you're there- inside and out. Would be very interesting to see what you can find. Scope out the bathrooms too. I'll keep writing down things I think of and give you a full list before Saturday ;)

I'm sure you won't look at all obtrusive standing on the tables trying to gain a better view of a potential security camera in the corner :D

No one has come forward (that we know of) saying Hannah was planning to meet them somewhere like McGrady's or Tempo. It seems to me she was planning to meet someone and was, indeed, looking FOR that someone. With no one else coming forward (and why wouldn't they), it looks more like it WAS JLM she was looking for and planning to meet. IMO

Just because we don't know if anyone has acknowledged being the person HG was looking for/texting doesn't mean the police don't have that info. We've heard several times that her friends are cooperating with the investigation and police have asked them not to talk about it. If a dear friend of mine was missing or found deceased, you can be sure I would not do or say anything that might jeopardize bringing the perp to justice. I just think there is a lot we do not know, by police request. jmo

Just because we don't know if anyone has acknowledged being the person HG was looking for/texting doesn't mean the police don't have that info. We've heard several times that her friends are cooperating with the investigation and police have asked them not to talk about it. If a dear friend of mine was missing or found deceased, you can be sure I would not do or say anything that might jeopardize bringing the perp to justice. I just think there is a lot we do not know, by police request. jmo

Hmmm . . . . That's why I said (that we know of) . . . . "it SEEMS to me" . . . . "it LOOKS more like" . . . . IMO

Then again, it just doesn't "seem" like Hannah was looking for or meeting a friend that was someone her regular friends knew. Call me crazy, but that's how it "seems" to me. IMO

Good points but as a fellow bartender you know that there are those annoying guests who insist on paying for each round of drinks separately, rather than running an open tab.

Its annoying to bartenders because we have to stop what were doing, ring you up and then either make change or hand you a credit/debit card slip to sign. Meanwhile drink orders are backing up from our other guests . Its much faster to just open a tab and do it once in the course of a night as opposed to 6 or more times.

As such I think the bartender would have remembered JLM.

Lets not forget that Tempo is supposed to close at 1:00 AM per their website. It was 1:09 when JLM ordered those drinks and the bartender could have already called last call at that time. In which case JLM would have no choice but to pay for his drinks immediately.There is no set time for last call in non-corporate restaurants; its all according to volume.

Its not unusual at all for people to stay for 30 minutes or more after last call either....for obvious reasons like trying to get it together enough to drive, waiting to pay, calling a cab, trying to "seal the deal" etc etc.

*** I dunno how many locals we have who are following this thread but Im going to Tempos on Saturday night to have a few beers and to scope it out in person from a bartenders perspective. If anyone wants to meet me there and do some investigation of their own youre more than welcome. I would enjoy the company. I promise Im harmless and since Im making the invite on an open forum there are witnesses :DJust send me a pm prior to 3pm or so on Saturday if youre interested and perhaps we can sleuths some things out and provide an eyewitness perspective*****

Yay! Catching on this thread! I posted this last night and knew someone would step up. Can you please be sure to check the billing system?

<Tempo seems like an upscale restaurant. One would think they have an accurate receipt system and cameras. Most businesses do have these essential tools to conduct business.

I wish someone local could just go there and check out how they do their billing and receipts.

Maybe they could also check on the whole camera situation? Inside outside?

Better yet go on a Friday night, around last call.

That would be amazing.>

"Zapped YOU are amazing"! :)

Hmmm . . . . That's why I said (that we know of) . . . . "it SEEMS to me" . . . . "it LOOKS more like" . . . . IMO

Then again, it just doesn't "seem" like Hannah was looking for or meeting a friend that was someone her regular friends knew. Call me crazy, but that's how it "seems" to me. IMO

Sorry didn't mean to offend, and that seems to be the way you have taken it. I just meant to say I think there is a lot of info police have that we don't, so the apparent lack of information/evidence may just be because LE doesn't want it to be public. And I also did say jmo. Sorry if you took it personally--it wasn't meant that way. :+)

It's been reported that LE asked McGrady's not to say anything about their encounter with HG. Maybe we're not hearing the whole story about HG at Tempo, either, if LE asked them to keep quiet. Personally, I think HG intended to be at the DTM, but not necessarily Tempo.

Yay! Catching on this thread! I posted this last night and knew someone would step up. Can you please be sure to check the billing system?

<Tempo seems like an upscale restaurant. One would think they have an accurate receipt system and cameras. Most businesses do have these essential tools to conduct business.

I wish someone local could just go there and check out how they do their billing and receipts.

Maybe they could also check on the whole camera situation? Inside outside?

Better yet go on a Friday night, around last call.

That would be amazing.>

"Zapped YOU are amazing"! :)

Consider it done.

I plan on ordering a shot and a couple of beers separately and if I can I will take a couple of pictures with my phone of each.

Same goes for security cameras as well as locations of exit doors.Ill also try to relay any interaction I have with the staff, door person or customers if thats acceptable here.

I will probably walk to the downtown mall as well and give my perspective on it. Im not as big as JLM but Im not too concerned with anyone messing with me there, even if I am solo.

I cannot do Friday night because Im going to the Urbanna Oyster Festival tomorrow and LOVE me some seafood. :) but Saturday is a definite.

Consider it done.

I plan on ordering a shot and a couple of beers separately and if I can I will take a couple of pictures with my phone of each.

Same goes for security cameras as well as locations of exit doors.Ill also try to relay any interaction I have with the staff, door person or customers if thats acceptable here.

I will probably walk to the downtown mall as well and give my perspective on it. Im not as big as JLM but Im not too concerned with anyone messing with me there, even if I am solo.

I cannot do Friday night because Im going to the Urbanna Oyster Festival tomorrow and LOVE me some seafood. :) but Saturday is a definite.

I really would love to be a fly on the wall while you do this recon :giggle: I can picture it- "Margie, do you see that woman over there with a notebook in the far left booth? The one who is taking pictures of her shot glass and the receipts? She was leaning over that other table of people a little bit ago and taking photos of the security camera on the corner ceiling. And she's been taking notes all night.... I saw her taking pictures of the bar cash register too. It's all really weird."

You're a veritable Private Eye! Awesome.

Can you check out the side door also please? :)

I would also like to see how readily they check IDs at the door and/or bar. Also, what is likelihood drinks can be bought and taken outside?

Please see if you can locate any video cameras outside and inside of bar too.

Finally, Zapped...no illicit drugs!:p

I really would love to be a fly on the wall while you do this recon :giggle: I can picture it- "Margie, do you see that woman over there with a notebook in the far left booth? The one who is taking pictures of her shot glass and the receipts? She was leaning over that other table of people a little bit ago and taking photos of the security camera on the corner ceiling. And she's been taking notes all night.... I saw her taking pictures of the bar cash register too. It's all really weird."

You're a veritable Private Eye! Awesome.

That would be weird, since Im a guy...lol. Will do my best to check everything you guys have mentioned here. Writing this all down in my notebook now so I can check it off when I get there.

That would be weird, since Im a guy...lol. Will do my best to check everything you guys have mentioned here. Writing this all down in my notebook now so I can check it off when I get there.

BBM

:lol:

I would also like to see how readily they check IDs at the door and/or bar. Also, what is likelihood drinks can be bought and taken outside?

Please see if you can locate any video cameras outside and inside of bar too.

Finally, Zapped...no illicit drugs!:p

BBM

Oh....... I can almost guarantee they will be fastidious about checking i.d's now. FAS-TI-DI-OUS.

Zapped.. can you swing my McGradys around the same time Hannah was there, perhaps just talk a walk in her shoes for the evening?

Zapped, I have a request. Could you check the area on Water between Tempo and 4th? Even if you just drive by if it's still light out. I'm curious about cameras in that area. It's tough to tell from Google maps. . .too many trees. TIA!

And don't set your drink down!

Zapped, I have a request. Could you check the area on Water between Tempo and 4th? Even if you just drive by if it's still light out. I'm curious about cameras in that area. It's tough to tell from Google maps. . .too many trees. TIA!

And don't set your drink down!

Zapped, and when (and if) you check out 4th and Water, check out the alleyway behind Tempo that has the entrance on Water St. Could he have parked there? Where might he have exited? Also, if you're there when the restaurant closes, see if you can tell how they handle minors if any are there at the time.

It's been reported that LE asked McGrady's not to say anything about their encounter with HG. Maybe we're not hearing the whole story about HG at Tempo, either, if LE asked them to keep quiet. Personally, I think HG intended to be at the DTM, but not necessarily Tempo.

It did appear she was heading through the mall quickly like she had a destination. Was Tuel's the last video? If so, there's not a whole lot of the mall left beyond there, correct? We don't KNOW she was headed to Tempo but what else was beyond the last video?

Consider it done.

This is awesome sleuthing!
Curious what the receipt will say as far as time stamping and description of whats been ordered.

Thank you so much for doing this zapped! It will help us non-locals to get a picture of the area. A fellow sleuth took us on a 'drive' of the area Heather Elvis disappeared and it was helpful to visual persons like me. :D I'll toast you a virtual shot while you on recon tomorrow! I look forward to hearing about your findings and seeing your pics!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back