Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeffrey Evan Gold @jeffgoldesq · 34s 34 seconds ago
#JodiArias identified as just another of Travis "victims" another one being "gutted in his wake" Chris Hughes says in email

This could come back to bite the defense. Chris can say things now he couldn't before. "We liked her at the time. She had us fooled, because like Travis we didn't realize she actually had the heart of a vicious murderer."

Not to mention they ultimately ended up feeling like their children were UNSAFE around her! This is a serious foreboding that i think hurts JA more than these "you're a dog to women" helps them justify her butchering him.

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 1m1 minute ago
Fonseca says the way Travis's actions are described by Hughes sounds "abusive". #JodiArias

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 52s53 seconds ago
The expert interprets Hughes saying "I've seen a lot of gals get gutted in your wake" as meaning Alexander was abusive. #JodiArias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 14s15 seconds ago
Expert said Travis sounded mean and abusive. Chris and Sky use the word abusive also. "Rough around the edges." #jodiarias #3tvarias

Nicole Goodman Esq @msesquirette · 11s 11 seconds ago
#JodiArias Dr. F says TA was abusive because he "gutted" women. She then says it's because the words sounds bad. Grrrr

I think the young women on the jury are thinking, "Plenty of men have treated me worse than this (#2 on his MySpace lol) and I didn't kill any of them."

I'm never throwing anything at you Curious. You're entitled to your feelings and the Hughes ARE controversial and I do think this will backfire on the defense which is really what matters here.

Thats true about it possibly backfiring. People are just tired of the whole defense of this killer. But awhile back I mentioned the book coming out at the end of trial being in bad taste and got hammered. I do think they were friends but I am a private person and only speaking for how I would feel if attacked in an email by my friend because he or she thought I was a womanizer or player or whatever.

I think both Sky and Chris Hughes can stand up well to any cross examination. They loved Travis like a brother and sometimes you get frustrated with your siblings. Especially when their bad choices land a needy sociopath in your lap inadvertently. They were stuck having to deal with Jodi and I'm sure that frustration leaked out on Travis.

I hope they do get to testify. When the Hughes sent the emails Jodi was going to their house unannounced and uninvited without Travis whining about him all the time. They were the ones that got to see a lot of Jodi's creepy antics firsthand.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 8m8 minutes ago

Nurmi- says "Love can make someone snap." UM...He's switching it up again??!!! I thought she killed him in self defense?? #jodiarias

So it's seeming like they are moving away from the self defense claim? I guess the prior (stealth) foreman coached them on how the "abuse" stuff influenced his (non deliberated) opinion.

Yep but still. They could have talked to him in person. And now they have written a book. Throw eggs or stones at me. I don't care. It feels wrong.

I agree. Profiting off your friends murder is not a friend to me.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 8m8 minutes ago

Nurmi- says "Love can make someone snap." UM...He's switching it up again??!!! I thought she killed him in self defense?? #jodiarias

I see what he's doing. He's going for the snapped defense and the reason she snapped when others wouldn't have is she was mentally ill and didn't handle rejection well.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 24s24 seconds ago
In regards to "rough around the edges" Chris says "you know it, we know it, Jodi knows it." #jodiarias #3tvarias

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 36s37 seconds ago
"I think what you term 'rough around the edges,' Sky and I would call 'abusive.'" Hughes rips Alexander for being secret with true feelings.

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 31s32 seconds ago
Fonseca says #TravisAlexander says he's "rough around the edges" when he really means he has an abusive manner.

Jeffrey Evan Gold @jeffgoldesq · 2m 2 minutes ago
#JodiArias Chris Hughes call him "abusive" "rough around the edges" "anyone who knows the TDogg" knows that. "But thats why we love you".

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 2m2 minutes ago
They are discussing TA & JA "going underground" w/their relationship and the toll it took on #JodiArias' self esteem.

But she was a very willing participant. She drove hundreds of miles for their secret trysts.

Nicole Goodman Esq @msesquirette · 9s 9 seconds ago
#JodiArias Nurmi is sooooooo slow. Aaannnd 3 hole wonder again Jury looking at Nurmi and screen not witness now. One looks at wall near JSS

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 1m1 minute ago
Nurmi and the "expert witness" discuss Chris Hughes mentioning TA's "abusive" behavior towards #JodiArias in the e-mail.

DeMarte's super power is she connects with EVERYONE. She's the best psych expert witness I've ever seen. And was fortunate enough to see her testimony in person and say hi to her. :blush:

She and Jill Hayes are/were on the state witness list and Nurmi wanted then out.

Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10 · 1m1 minute ago
#JodiArias defense expert reads email from Travis' friend Chris Hughes, says T-Dog's girls "gutted" in his wake. Emotional abuse theme.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 40s41 seconds ago
Nurmi says the Hughes didn't even know about the sex, the name calling from Travis & they still came to this conclusion #jodiarias #3tvarias

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 29s29 seconds ago
Chris Hughes says #JodiArias will end up "In love, but alone," just like Deanna.

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 20s20 seconds ago
"she does like you so much and does not want to end up liking you for years in vain." #JodiArias

TA was below Chris on the PPL pyramid. Their relationship was multi-dimensional.

Chris was evidently something of a spiritual/professional/financial mentor to TA.

Well, IMO, as a friend he was a major fail! I get the being concerned. But, it went way beyond that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hoist Gracie