Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a Google search and came up with a lot of posts from women lamenting that this is a harder-to-find size. Regardless, LucyOso is right, so disregard my post!

I like the idea that she was dressed in a costume. Couple of things to remember: it was April, and she was murdered mid-week. I can't really imagine a costume party on an April Tues or Weds, but maybe there's another reason why she would be wearing a costume?

Delurking to suggest that if her clothing was a costume, maybe for some sort of sorority function, a high school event like a play performance by the theatre club, some type of activity/event connected with Earth Day, a parochial school that held a "Dress Like Your Favorite Saint" day, a rehearsal for some sort of "Pioneer Days" event?

The thing that would be slightly surprising about this being a costume is that LE seems to think she was a runaway or a hitchhiker. I don't know if I believe that or not, but I do think she was too healthy to have been on the road for long.

I did a Google search and came up with a lot of posts from women lamenting that this is a harder-to-find size. Regardless, LucyOso is right, so disregard my post!

I like the idea that she was dressed in a costume. Couple of things to remember: it was April, and she was murdered mid-week. I can't really imagine a costume party on an April Tues or Weds, but maybe there's another reason why she would be wearing a costume?

BBM. There were some great concerts during the week in the area and around the country. Joan Jett played in Ohio that Thursday. People have parties during the week. Especially at bars, theme nights. I am just brain storming... :)

The thing that would be slightly surprising about this being a costume is that LE seems to think she was a runaway or a hitchhiker. I don't know if I believe that or not, but I do think she was too healthy to have been on the road for long.

I agree. It would be interesting to know what condition her feet were in. She was found barefoot (or no shoes/socks). The weather high was 63, so a bit chilly to be barefoot. Unless she sexually assaulted, it seems no reason for a hitchhiker to take off her shoes and socks in a vehicle. But, if that was the case I would imagine more of her clothes to be off. If she has dirty feet and callouses, maybe she preferred to be barefoot. I don't know.

I think it's interesting that no purse was found with her. She either didn't carry one (seems a little odd for someone traveling) or she was robbed/it was kept by her killer to prevent identification.

Hi everyone. Since we are discussing BG's bra and lack of shoes, I'd like to point out that apparently she has no panties. I'm assuming that with the detailed info given out about her bra size, there would at least be a mention of style and color if she had been wearing panties. To me, this could suggest redressing and trophy-taking. I am trying to remember the details of an article I read a long time ago about an Ohio truck driver who died in a crash and whose truck held a stash of women's panties. Does that ring any bells?

Doe Network states she was not sexually assaulted. Also, she was found a year after the (in)famous Brooke Shields "Nothing Comes Between Me and My Calvins" TV commercial, so maybe "going commando" was not that uncommon among her age group then.

...But in no way am I implying your theory is wrong. Even if her killer didn't assault her (and I still think she may have died fending him off) he might have taken intimate garments as a trophy.

We didn't have the term going commando, but yes, the practice was common. Jeans were very snug and panties show a line.

1981 seems a bit late for that, though.

I know its a long shot because she was shorter than the Jane Doe, and she had a different color hair and but for some reason I think that Cynthia Lynn Maine looks like this Jane Doe. Im not sure if her name was mentioned or not in this thread.

I know its a long shot because she was shorter than the Jane Doe, and she had a different color hair and but for some reason I think that Cynthia Lynn Maine looks like this Jane Doe. Im not sure if her name was mentioned or not in this thread.

Cynthia Lynn Maine went missing in 1986, Buckskin Girl was found in 1981

I agree. It would be interesting to know what condition her feet were in. She was found barefoot (or no shoes/socks). The weather high was 63, so a bit chilly to be barefoot. Unless she sexually assaulted, it seems no reason for a hitchhiker to take off her shoes and socks in a vehicle. But, if that was the case I would imagine more of her clothes to be off. If she has dirty feet and callouses, maybe she preferred to be barefoot. I don't know.

Previously wondered if perp was a shoe fetish collector, but now, I am imagining that the girl, possibly was at someone's home, getting a lift in a car, or whatever, and finding herself in a bad situation, ran out quickly to escape, leaving behind purse and shoes.
Also thinking maybe it was a fight with a controlling boyfriend who might have grabbed those items to prevent her leaving.
Then there is the possibility of a straight up violent robbery of her purse and shoes. Maybe another female?

Family violence, " You are not going out young lady".........

I've read that it's fairly common for truckers to ask people to remove their shoes to keep the truck clean, particularly if they're riding in the sleeper compartment.

That is what the truckers I know do or they have a set of clean shoes to wear. A guy I know who is a truck driver drives in just his socks and once he must have accidentally pushed one of his shoes out of the car and not noticed it. When he had stopped at a gas station to get a hot dog he realized that he only had one shoe and had to jump on one foot all the way into the gas station which thankfully had a rack of slippers so he could buy something to wear.

I think the trucker idea is the most likely in this case, had she been killed in a house I assume she would have been in just the sweater and the jeans and not wear the jacket. If she had run from a house she would most likely have grabbed the purse and/or shoes before she would put on a jacket.

Delores Gonzales had two kids...any sign Buckskin girl had previously given birth?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's a good question!

I didn't see anything mentioned in her Doe Network or NamUS profile about previously given birth...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member