Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something that struck me was how neat her braids are in the PM photo. It seems to indicate she didn't put up much of a fight for whatever reason. I agree with the theory of her possibly riding in a semi truck due to the lack of shoes. Total speculation here, maybe she was asleep when attacked? Maybe she had even braided her hair right before going to bed, I kmow women do that sometimes for various reasons. Perhaps she was hit on the head while asleep, rendering her unconscious and unable to put up a fight. I just can't get over how neat her hair is and wonder if there is a reason for that or if it is meaningless.

Some people can go through an awful lot with braids like that without causing them to fall into disarray, so it might not mean much, but that is an interesting point.

Something that struck me was how neat her braids are in the PM photo. It seems to indicate she didn't put up much of a fight for whatever reason. I agree with the theory of her possibly riding in a semi truck due to the lack of shoes. Total speculation here, maybe she was asleep when attacked? Maybe she had even braided her hair right before going to bed, I kmow women do that sometimes for various reasons. Perhaps she was hit on the head while asleep, rendering her unconscious and unable to put up a fight. I just can't get over how neat her hair is and wonder if there is a reason for that or if it is meaningless.

Iirc, there was a post stating that Buck Doe's braids were not that tidy when she was found, but they had been "tidied up" during autopsy.
Will see if i can find that statement somewhere...

Has this missing person been considered?

http://www.missingadults.ca/viewMAc...dnhvqwgyhwqo&&StartAt=81&EndAt=218&CurCase=86

"Name : HARVEY (ROUSSEAU), Pamela
Case : ON-MF-1978-12-01004
Date Of Disappearance : 15 December 1978
Location Of Disappearance : Sudbury, Ontario
Age At Disappearance : 23 years
Height (estimate) : 168 cm (5'6")
Weight (estimate) : 57 kg (125 lbs)
Hair Colour : Red
- reddish/blonde hair, worn long
Eye Colour : Brown
Race : Caucasian"

Has this missing person been considered?

http://www.missingadults.ca/viewMAc...dnhvqwgyhwqo&&StartAt=81&EndAt=218&CurCase=86

"Name : HARVEY (ROUSSEAU), Pamela
Race : Caucasian"

Wow! I am not sure...

8e3c6674-1354-408f-b205-44eff8336e7d.jpg
01004_Image_L.jpg

Red hair, brown eyes, 5'6", at older end of age range, and would have had to travel from Canada.

??

http://www.missingadults.ca/viewMAcase.php?case=ON-MF-1978-12-01004

Previous Case - Next Case

Name : HARVEY (ROUSSEAU), Pamela

Race : Caucasian

Dental Information :
Unknown
Medical Information :
Unknown
Notable Identifiers :
Unknown
Clothing/Jewelry :
Unknown
Other Personal Items :
Unknown
Additional Information :
In December 1978, Pamela left her son with a neighbour and never returned. Her family had expected her during the Christmas holidays but Pamela did not attend. Further inquiry showed that Pamela had been missing for some time.

Since the exact date of her disappearance is unknown, the 15th should be viewed as an estimate only.

All of Pamela's identification and personal belongings were left behind.

Greater Sudbury Police Service
705-675-9171

OR

Crime Stoppers
705-675-8477 or 1-800-222-8477
Source Links :
Greater Sudbury Police Service
Last Modified :
2008-05-26

Missed this page, already been suggested I see!

I just wanted to say that I have started a project on my blog where I write about unidentified people from all over the world. The first one out was Buckskin Girl as she will always haunt me until the day she has a name. I have written everything in Swedish as I am Swedish so you will not be able to read it but I want you to know that this is done.

I don't think this will lead to her being identified but I think that these people deserve to be remembered even if we do not know who they were. I have also written about Jason Doe and my next might be the case with Kim Doe and her companion.

http://elliha.blogspot.se/2014/11/oidentiferade-buckskin-girl-flickan-med.html

Oh, my. This definitely warrants a look-see. I just really wish these MP profiles would provide a wee bit more info, though they're no doubt going with the little they have. Did the MP regularly rely on that particular neighbor as a babysitter or did she present this as a one-time emergency situation? ("I need you to watch my son for a few hours, and I can't explain right now.")

More so, why do we not have an exact date for the MP's disappearance? If she never returned for her son, the neighbor was very likely to have reported her missing immediately versus caring for her son for days to come, just casually "assuming" she'd be back.

Finally figured out what it was with BG that seemed vaguely familiar. With her braids and reddish hair, and her distinctive clothing, she reminds me somewhat of the children's book character Pippi Longstocking. One of the last books in the series, written by Astrid Lindgren, was published in 1979. It clicked when I read Elliha's post above.

Yes she does have read hair and freckles like Pippi. I have never really thought about it until you said so. The girl who played Pippi in the American film looks a bit like Buckskin Girl (she is alive as far as I know) as does the drawings of the girl in the books. The girl who played Pippi in the Swedish TV-series and movies does not look that much like Buckskin Girl though other than having red hair and freckles (she is also alive by the way, I saw an interview with her 2 years ago).

Just wanted to clarify that the movies, based on the books, were made long after BG's death-I did not mean to imply that BG was one of the actresses who played Pippi. I was thinking of the book illustrations.

I'm not sure if this is going to help but i made her in the Sims 2, i know it doesn't look exactly like the pictures but I tried.

BuckSkinGirlSims2.png

it's so sad that no one knows who she is now :( Someone must miss her.

Wonder what Buckskin would look like with her long hair down, maybe that is the way she usually wore it?

I'm not sure if this is going to help but i made her in the Sims 2, i know it doesn't look exactly like the pictures but I tried.

BuckSkinGirlSims2.png

it's so sad that no one knows who she is now :( Someone must miss her.

I don't play the Sims (neither have my kids); so am not sure if you're able to upload Carl's full body recon. I think Lyle Stevik has a character too. If you're able to add a narrative, I can give you the one from her album on Never Forget Me

It's been more than a year now, since I submitted "Wendy Susan Byron" as a possible match. Yet her name still does not appear on the exclusions list. Does anyone have any information on this possible match?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-15-25-Apr-81-*GRAPHIC*&p=9846794#post9846794

I think you should reply to the last email you got to ask if they compared her.

Post 481
Hi all, I received some emails related to this case.

The first was from NAMUS and there have been (unspecified) changes made to the 'exclusions' list for this UID.

I also received a response from NAMUS about the MP name (Wendy S. Byron) and images I sent for consideration. The email says the coroners will take a close look at it.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

More information soon, I hope.

Roselvr - "I think you should reply to the last email you got to ask if they compared her."

I tried that back in February, 2014 and the response was not very promising. This was the response.

"I just double checked when your email reminded me and it was an exclusion based on DNA. Still no match made, but we are working it.

Thanks for the follow up.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone"

It seems to me that if Wendy S. Byron was excluded based on DNA - Her name should be on the exclusions list by now.

Roselvr - "I think you should reply to the last email you got to ask if they compared her."

I tried that back in February, 2014 and the response was not very promising. This was the response.

"I just double checked when your email reminded me and it was an exclusion based on DNA. Still no match made, but we are working it.

Thanks for the follow up.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone"

It seems to me that if Wendy S. Byron was excluded based on DNA - Her name should be on the exclusions list by now.

I would reply to that; be specific to ask if he's saying that she has already been ruled out by DNA. If so; can they please get her name added to Buckskin Girl's rule out list?

I would reply to that; be specific to ask if he's saying that she has already been ruled out by DNA. If so; can they please get her name added to Buckskin Girl's rule out list?

Before I do that, I've decided to contact the authorities involved in Wendy Byron's (MP) case in California to see what they have on it. Thanks for your input and encouragement. I sometimes need it.

Could the wonderful Carl K. post a recon of BG and unbraid her hair in the recon, when he has time ? (Hint, Hint, hint....).
BG may have braided her hair to get it out of her face/eyes or she needed to wash it but couldn't.

Could the wonderful Carl K. post a recon of BG and unbraid her hair in the recon, when he has time ? (Hint, Hint, hint....).
BG may have braided her hair to get it out of her face/eyes or she needed to wash it but couldn't.

He did do one with hair down. See our album on Never Forget Me
Buck skin girl Troy Ohio- April 24, 1981

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads