Luka Magotta AKA Eric Newman Trial, Week beginning Oct 27, 2014 - Trial Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noticed this tweet in French but I can't really understand what they're trying to say.

christianedesjardins ‏@chridesjardins · 5m5 minutes ago
Un python comme cadeau de Noël. Fallait y penser. Pour celui qui a tout. #Magnotta.

Do we know anything about the python or who owned it? Who was in the video and where was it taken? The tweet seems to indicate that it was a Christmas gift for "the person who has everything"?

Robin Edgar ‏@RobinEdgar · 6m6 minutes ago
Dr. Joel Watts says Luka #Magnotta would go on "long rambling monologues" in which he would "talk on and on about how upset he was".

Yep... Sounds about right.

Oh my gosh :( I just thought of something.
Here's LM posing in the park where he left JL's head.
magnotta-in-park-1.jpg
magnotta-with-unidentified-man-3.jpg

LM once called himself the "Myra Hindley of Canada" in one of his internet posts. He signed the e-mail to the Sun reporter "John Kilbride". Brady and Hindley liked to take pictures of themselves posing on the graves of their victims. The first picture below shows Myra Hindley posing on the edge of John Kilbride's grave whilst Brady took a photo.

Myra_at_John_Kilbrides_grave.jpg

Myra Hindley tried to claim that Ian Brady made her take part in the killings. Brady's version of events and the audio recordings they took of their victims begging for their lives showed that Hindley took an active roles in the murders (like Homolka blaming Barnardo - LM blaming Manny).

article-1196727-058DE190000005DC-930_634x506.jpg

1dogSWNS_350x350.jpg

I've spent ages going through all the tweets and put them together in a timeline along with the major events in LM's life, so we can see what his doctors thought about his mental health when he was giving interviews or making relevant internet posts. I've already updated it, so scroll down in the thread and read the second version because it has more information :)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?262540-Luka-Magnotta-Mental-Health-Timeline

TRANSLATION:

Un python comme cadeau de Noël. Fallait y penser. Pour celui qui a tout. #Magnotta.

"A python as a Christmas gift. Must think about this. For a person (someone) who has everything."

I've spent ages going through all the tweets and put them together in a timeline along with the major events in LM's life, so we can see what his doctors thought about his mental health when he was giving interviews or making relevant internet posts. I've already updated it, so scroll down in the thread and read the second version because it has more information :)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?262540-Luka-Magnotta-Mental-Health-Timeline
wow!! thanks for all the work! great job [emoji4]

Excellent timeline Rayemonde. I haven't had a chance to go through it date by date yet but I will. Thanks for doing that, it must have been a lot of work!

:tyou:

TRANSLATION:

"A python as a Christmas gift. Must think about this. For a person (someone) who has everything."

It was probably just that one tweeter suggesting a python would be an interesting Christmas gift for the person who has everything. Just being facetious rather than tweeting some actual information about the python in that video.

MOO

They are back but it seems as though they've lost all the English language tweeters :gaah:

François Messier ‏@MessierSRC · 9m9 minutes ago
Procès #Magnotta reprend. La défense interroge le Dr Watts sur les prestations de l'ODSP que recevait #Magnotta en Ontario.

Translation: #Magnotta Trial resumes. The defense questioning Dr. Watts on the ODSP benefits that #Magnotta received in Ontario.

Par moments, #Magnotta a refusé de recevoir ces prestations, offertes aux personnes souffrant de problèmes psychiatriques, notamment -Watts

Translation: At times #Magnotta refused to receive these benefits available to people with psychiatric problems -Watts

François Messier ‏@MessierSRC · 10m10 minutes ago
#Magnotta a demandé à se retirer de ce programme, parce qu'il avait déménagé ou parce qu'il estimait ne plus en avoir besoin -Watts

Translation: #Magnotta asked to withdraw from the program because he had moved or because he felt no longer needed it -Watts

Watts maintenant interrogé sur ce que #Magnotta a dit au sujet du meurtre de Lin Jun, le 25 mai 2012.

Translation: Watts is now asked what #Magnotta said about the murder of Lin Jun on May 25, 2012.

François Messier ‏@MessierSRC · 8m8 minutes ago
Watts dit avoir interrogé #Magnotta sur textos et appel faits le 24-25 mai 2012. Il ne se souvient pas avoir appelé RAMQ et la BMO

Translation: Watts said he questioned #Magnotta on texts and calls on May 24-25, 2012. He does not remember calling RAMQ and BMO

François Messier ‏@MessierSRC · 7m7 minutes ago
#Magnotta croit avoir appelé sa grand-mère le 25 mai au matin, mais ne s'en souvient pas. Sa grand-mère ne s'en souvient pas non plus

Translation: #Magnotta thinks he called his grandmother on the morning of May 25, but does not remember. His grandmother doesn't remember either

François Messier ‏@MessierSRC · 6m6 minutes ago
Fin de l'interrogatoire du Dr Watts par la défense. Début du contre-interrogatoire du procureur de la Couronne, Louis Bouthillier #Magnotta

salimah shivji ‏@salimah_shivji · 5m5 minutes ago
#Magnotta Defence is now done with Dr. Watts. Crown prosecutor stands to start his cross-examination of the psychiatrist. #cbcmtl

salimah shivji ‏@salimah_shivji · 3m3 minutes ago
Crown starts with how it came about that Dr. Watts, who works at Pinel, was sent to Berlin to accompany Mt police to extradite #Magnotta.

salimah shivji @salimah_shivji
· 23s 23 seconds ago
Crown asks how many shirts Watts packed to go to Berlin. Defence objects 2x, jury asked to leave for legal discussions. #Magnotta

Ha ha ha...the defence objected to the first 2 questions. This is going to be a REALLY long cross examination.

:floorlaugh:

François Messier ‏@MessierSRC · 4m4 minutes ago
Jury de retour. On reprend. Watts dit qu'il pensait être parti 2-3 jours quand il est parti à Berlin avec la police #Magnotta

Translation: Jury is back. Trial resumed. Watts said he planned on 2-3 days when he went to Berlin with police #Magnotta

François Messier ‏@MessierSRC · 2m2 minutes ago
Watts dit qu'il se sentait membre de "l'équipe" envoyée à Berlin pour ramener #Magnotta à Montréal. Pas membre de la police cependant

Translation: Watts said he felt like a member of the "team" going to Berlin bring #Magnotta back to Montreal. Though not a member of the police

salimah shivji ‏@salimah_shivji · 2m2 minutes ago
Watts says he felt part of "the team"going to pick up #Magnotta from Berlin, but he didn't feel like police officer. Was there to accompany.

François Messier ‏@MessierSRC · 1m1 minute ago
La police vous a embauché pour les accompagner à Berlin? C'est eux qui m'ont payé pour ce travail, répond Watts #Magnotta

Translation: The police hired you to accompany them to Berlin? It was them who paid me for this job, Watts responds #Magnotta

François Messier ‏@MessierSRC · 58s59 seconds ago
J'avais un rôle de psy traitant limité, dit Watts. C'était le cas pendant le vol Berlin-Mtl, mais pas prévu que je continue après #Magnotta

Translation: I had a limited role as the treating psychiatrist. This was to be expected during the flight from Berlin to Montreal but not to continue after #Magnotta

Mathieu Belhumeur ‏@mbelhumeurTVA · 4m4 minutes ago
Me Bouthillier souligne que Dr Watts a été engagé et payé par la police lors du retour de #Magnotta. À la demande des autorités allemandes.

Translation: Mr. Bouthillier emphasizes that Dr. Watts was hired and paid by the police when returning #Magnotta . At the request of German authorities.

salimah shivji ‏@salimah_shivji · 2m2 minutes ago
Watts was treating psychiatrist for #Magnotta while on flight from Berlin to Montreal, but said he wouldn't treat him once back in Canada.

François Messier ‏@MessierSRC · 3m3 minutes ago
Couronne note une fois de plus qu'en notant des infos de la police dans vol vers Berlin, Watts a écrit "notre équipe" #Magnotta

Translation: Crown once again noting that in information regarding the police in the flight to Berlin, Watts wrote "our team" #Magnotta

salimah shivji ‏@salimah_shivji · 59s59 seconds ago
It was 1st time Cdn psychiatrist involved in extradition, it was high-profile. Watts says professionally, he was proud & excited. #Magnotta

François Messier ‏@MessierSRC · 2m2 minutes ago
Même si j'accompagnais la police, je devais assurer confidentialité des infos concernant #Magnotta, dit Watts. J'en ai avisé la police

Translation: While I was with the police, I had to ensure confidentiality of information concerning #Magnotta says Watts. I have notified the police

I have no idea what is going on this afternoon with the tweets. I would have though some English journalists would have wanted to be there for this cross. But it just seems to stop at times. I guess everyone is busy writing their notes for stories and not really bothering with the tweets?

I think everyone's just bored of hearing the same ridiculous excuses again and again. :sigh:

:snail:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members