Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a dicey road..they don't claim insanity during the guilt phase but try to justify it in this one (thanks to their new assistant the jury foreperson from the first trial). I really do not think this will fly if the jurors step back and do a simple checklist.

There's no way they could have gotten away with an insanity defense. Jodi clearly knew right from wrong and hasn't even pretended otherwise. Mental illness that "makes" you react with violence when a normal person would just walk away would not constitute insanity for legal purposes, but it does count as mitigation.

I happen to agree that the real, unstated reason for this evidence is to suggest to the jury that the killing was justified.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 11s 11 seconds ago

Dr F: It was a vicious horrible killing.

Juan keeps objecting as she tries to describe the scene that day. #JodiArias

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts 39s39 seconds ago
After three days of Dr F we're finally up to the day of the murder. #JodiArias

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer 47s47 seconds ago
Fonseca: #JodiArias not psychologically equipped to deal with Alexander. Love played a part in the murder, she says.

Is defense now leading to a crime of passion??!!!

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 21s 22 seconds ago
Fonseca says she doesn't even know if Travis's friends were aware of how he was feeling #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 46s 47 seconds ago
Fonseca says Travis was talking about killing himself and mentioned a noose. #jodiarias #3tvarias

again,how does this justify her butchering him? did she do him a favor....is that it
for christ sakes

Trying to decide which is more vile- accusing him of pedophilia or insinuating that this man was suicidal and asking for death. Travis, who had just written how much he looked forward to living and to having his best year yet.

Shame and more shame upon her.

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts 26s26 seconds ago
and another sidebar. I've already lost count. 8? 12? #JodiArias

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer 21s21 seconds ago
Fonseca describes Alexander "at wit's end" in some texts, angry with #JodiArias. She thinks he was suicidal too. #JodiArias

So she decided to help him along?

@monicalindstrom: JM objecting saying "residual doubt" he doesn't want this expert to encourage the jury to re-think the crime, #JodiArias already convicted

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 28s 28 seconds ago

#JodiArias explains via messages that her sex drive is gone and that TA was the last person she was intimate with.

TA doesn't believe her.
@
~ neither do I. She almost broke her adz getting to Ryan after butchering you!!!!

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 31s 32 seconds ago

Juan continues to object "relevance".

Counsel is at the bench. Sizzlebar yet again.

A few staple noises are heard. #JodiArias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 2m 2 minutes ago
Was this killing vicious? Yes says Fonseca. Horrible. Juan objects and it's sustained on Horrible #jodiarias #3tvarias

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer 22s22 seconds ago
How does it go from sex to murder in four hours? Nurmi asks. Martinez objects. Sidebar. We all want to know that one. #JodiArias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 24s 25 seconds ago
Fonseca- Love played a part in this killing #jodiarias #3tvarias

Nope, sorry, obsession doesn't equal love, only a very sick kind!!!

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 11s 11 seconds ago

Dr F: It was a vicious horrible killing.

Juan keeps objecting as she tries to describe the scene that day. #JodiArias

And I'm sure it's gonna be all Travis's fault.

There's no way they could have gotten away with an insanity defense. Jodi clearly knew right from wrong and hasn't even pretended otherwise. Mental illness that "makes" you react with violence when a normal person would just walk away would not constitute insanity for legal purposes, but it does count as mitigation.

I happen to agree that the real, unstated reason for this evidence is to suggest to the jury that the killing was justified.

I guess it could be argued in every trial. A pedophile murderer could argue that because he was abused as a child he simply couldn't "walk away" and not rape and kill that child.

Still guilty.

Yet, after she killed him, she went to hook up with Ryan. I guess the emotional distress didn't last long.

Neither did the "fog". It cleared miraculously fast, in time for her to do cleanup before she went to see Ryan!

@monicalindstrom: The state's expert and defense expert both testified that #JodiArias has some type of mental illness, not that it was a justification though

@monicalindstrom: There must be a dish of breath mints up by JSS because with all the #sizzlebars I would be worried about bad breath

You know it's funny. Everyone thinks Monica is pro defense here. Yet on twitter, Jodi's supporters thinks she is clearly biased in favor of the state. Funny, that.

@monicalindstrom: Murder is a legal term, she WAS convicted of murder RT @Xxxxx: @monicalindstrom I assume term "murder" is you again.

@monicalindstrom: Convicted of First Degree Murder http://t.co/RaROdLjTFB RT @Xxxxx: @monicalindstrom Killing, not murder.

@Xxxxxx: @monicalindstrom @Xxxxxxx Yeah, it didn't seem like sth a defense witness would say. More like aTravis supporter.

I don't think she's pro defense. I do think she's fairly clueless and she's my least favorite twitter-er. Jmo.

Carolyn Sung ‏@CarolynSungCNN 1m1 minute ago
Dr. F: "it was a vicious, killing, horrible" #jodiarias

Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10 1m1 minute ago
"It was a vicious, horrible killing," says Dr. Fonseca. Getting message out to jury before prosecutor can hammer it home. #jodiarias

She sure has strayed a long way from her area of sexpertise. She 'doth protest too much' about not diagnosing.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 52s 52 seconds ago

As far as I am concerned. Sizzle noises should not be allowed so close to lunchular time. :/ #JodiArias

----- Guess they are STILL in Sidebar ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea