GUILTY PA - Jessica Padgett, 32, Northampton County, 21 November 2014

IMO: He was sexually frustrated with the mother; So he took it out on her daughter. This was personal revenge directed towards the mother. Its that simple.

nah, sexual frustration does not make a rapist and murderer. Heck I would have taken out a small village by now. ((giggle giggle))
Mental disorder, rage, fear could. This is deeper and more sinister. A sickness beyond any comprehension.

IMO I think he's a who thought his $h!t didn't stink and thought he was above the law. Thought he wouldn't get caught for what he did to Jessica and didn't think he'd get busted mfg pot. Jmo

nah, sexual frustration does not make a rapist and murderer. Heck I would have taken out a small village by now. ((giggle giggle))
Mental disorder, rage, fear could. This is deeper and more sinister. A sickness beyond any comprehension.

But if the mother was cheating on him and made him feel emasculated; Then I can see him taking it out on her daughter. This also happens in domestic violence situations. They kill the targets loved ones.

Nothing any person does to another person can rationalize whatever GG did to Jessica. Evil, twisted, and grotesque.

Jessica's funeral is this afternoon. I pray the media leaves these people alone for this. Wishing Jessica's family peace and comfort.

There's nothing much that can be said to comfort this family. They will now have these children with no mother, and they face all the nasty details of the trial. I wish them support and love in all they must deal with now. This "man" caused so much grief and anger. They should film the burial and make him watch it over and over. (Maybe he wouldn't care)

There's nothing much that can be said to comfort this family. They will now have these children with no mother, and they face all the nasty details of the trial. I wish them support and love in all they must deal with now. This "man" caused so much grief and anger. They should film the burial and make him watch it over and over. (Maybe he wouldn't care)

He wouldn't care. He took his wife's daughter, the mother of his grandchildren, the sister of his step daughter and his children. He didn't care when he did it, he wouldn't care now. IMO all he's thinking about is his Wildlife Trophies. He's a that needs to be strung up like one of his gators on his FB. Sorry for the rant.

If he pleads guilty there will not be a trial. There will be hearings that the family can attend. At sentencing the family/friends may read a statement to try to convince the judge to impose the highest penalty allowed by law. They will still have to face him in this setting. The DA will present the details of the case to the judge but will not get into showing pictures, witnesses, physical evidence etc.. It's more of a formality and a recap of the case, not a trial. Even with a life without parole sentence, there are potential things that pop up afterwards, like a reconsideration of sentence hearing, that the defendant has the right to do. The family may attend and again speak. I know this first hand from experience with a murder in my family. The law is complicated and confusing and the average person is hit with this new world where they must rely on LE and victim advocates for help and guidance. Because the murderer in my situation plead guilty, we never saw photos or most of the evidence LE had on the guy. Nor did we want to see it. This guy was given life without parole but at his reconsideration hearing he was granted life with the chance of parole to give him hope. barf. He most likely will never get it because he is a violent offender but still...I do believe that because most people do not know the law that well, the judge imposes the highest sentence knowing that can be changed. The DA got their guy, life w/o parole sounded great in the papers and made a good story of justice...and then years later a teeny tiny article and when everyone has forgotten the sentence can change. Crazy right?! This was in Maryland but I assume PA is the same. Anyway, hopefully he pleads guilty and the family does not have to go through a trial but the alternative is just slightly easier.

Jessica's funeral is this afternoon. I pray the media leaves these people alone for this. Wishing Jessica's family peace and comfort.

They won't. They knocked on our door the morning of the funeral in my situation. We had no comment and asked for privacy and they respected that. They were there to allow us a voice if we so chose to speak.

I won't be surprised if he pleads not guilty...many do, despite confessing. Hope not, though I do want to know the whole story...jmo

This may be why the DA chose to spill all they know. If he pleads guilty there will be much less media coverage because there will only be a small hearing. Spilling all these gory details to gain public support of the controversial death penalty (if allowable in this case). To get it out there now before time fades away and everyone forgets. JMO

and if he pleads not guilty than the public has heard what he has done while it's still fresh in everyone's head and everyone is talking about it. It sets up a knowledgable jury and a conviction. Although difficult for the family to hear and may seem heartless on the DA's part, there is a reason why and it may prove to be beneficial when they fry his arse.

don't forget, critical evidence that may be the defining element of a conviction can be thrown out for whatever reason and the jury never hears it. So get the details out now with the ultimate goal of a guilty verdict. And although a jury is instructed to only listen to the evidence presented one cannot unhear what they've heard.

don't forget, critical evidence that may be the defining element of a conviction can be thrown out for whatever reason and the jury never hears it. So get the details out now with the ultimate goal of a guilty verdict. And although a jury is instructed to only listen to the evidence presented one cannot unhear what they've heard.

That's true, but the opposite can also happen - if too much information is given then a defendant can be acquitted (or a conviction could later be reversed) because he or she did not get a constitutionally fair trial because all potential jurors had heard inadmissible, prejudicial evidence. Now it takes a LOT for a case to be thrown out altogether because of this evidentiary risk, but even if the venue had to be changed to non-local it could make a conviction more difficult. Similarly, the appeals process could get extremely complex if too many prejudicial details are revealed at this early stage. It's always a fine line in the more disturbing cases like this one :/

and if he pleads not guilty than the public has heard what he has done while it's still fresh in everyone's head and everyone is talking about it. It sets up a knowledgable jury and a conviction. Although difficult for the family to hear and may seem heartless on the DA's part, there is a reason why and it may prove to be beneficial when they fry his arse.

I am sorry you are knowledgable to these things. Thanks you very much for your insight.........I'll second you on the frying part too!

If he pleads guilty there will not be a trial. There will be hearings that the family can attend. At sentencing the family/friends may read a statement to try to convince the judge to impose the highest penalty allowed by law. They will still have to face him in this setting. The DA will present the details of the case to the judge but will not get into showing pictures, witnesses, physical evidence etc.. It's more of a formality and a recap of the case, not a trial. Even with a life without parole sentence, there are potential things that pop up afterwards, like a reconsideration of sentence hearing, that the defendant has the right to do. The family may attend and again speak. I know this first hand from experience with a murder in my family. The law is complicated and confusing and the average person is hit with this new world where they must rely on LE and victim advocates for help and guidance. Because the murderer in my situation plead guilty, we never saw photos or most of the evidence LE had on the guy. Nor did we want to see it. This guy was given life without parole but at his reconsideration hearing he was granted life with the chance of parole to give him hope. barf. He most likely will never get it because he is a violent offender but still...I do believe that because most people do not know the law that well, the judge imposes the highest sentence knowing that can be changed. The DA got their guy, life w/o parole sounded great in the papers and made a good story of justice...and then years later a teeny tiny article and when everyone has forgotten the sentence can change. Crazy right?! This was in Maryland but I assume PA is the same. Anyway, hopefully he pleads guilty and the family does not have to go through a trial but the alternative is just slightly easier.

:grouphug:

I'm sorry for your loss.

Can the victim's husband sue for "wrongful death? Just wondering because are either business's he has are in his name or him and his wife? The Pa fence business and the Florida outdoor hunting business, also are the homes in both the husbands and wife's name. Can he use a public attorney or must he sell what he has to pay for an attorney.

I hit the "thanks" button and I got a yellow yield sign. I did not report this post, just saying thanks

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back