MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omg, this is so horrific. I have no doubt her killers will be caught.

If that were my child, I would go crazy with grief. Hell would be a cozy place if I got my hands on her killers.

I think that Jessica was able to tell LE who did this, but they are pretending she wasn't able to, so the murderers don't catch on.

Here is an article that shows a different photo of Jessica and it also shows her burned out vehicle. :(

http://www.examiner.com/article/19-year-old-girl-burned-alive-panola-county-mississippi

this is just unimaginable to me.

whille i admire the parents' strength, i can't figure out if the father/sheriff is working the case?

from your article:

"The sheriff called me this morning he told me, he said, 'I'm working hard,'" Chambers said. “They took something from me I can't ever get back. Not ever, you know? It's a part of me gone forever."

Her father is apparently a mechanic at the Sheriff's Office, not a deputy.

This is absolutely horrific and I can't imagine the pain that her parents are feeling. Hopefully she was able to tell someone who did this.

Here is an article that shows a different photo of Jessica and it also shows her burned out vehicle. :(

http://www.examiner.com/article/19-year-old-girl-burned-alive-panola-county-mississippi

I think that Jessica was able to tell LE who did this, but they are pretending she wasn't able to, so the murderers don't catch on.

I agree, Eileen. From the article...
Investigators will not disclose at this time what Jessica was able to tell them at the last moment, but the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation is investigating the case.

I sure hope you are right. If she was able to do so that is a miracle within itself. If they doused her throat and nose with lighter fluid she would be literally burning from the inside out as well as on the outside of her body. :(

IMO

This is just the worst of the worst. Absolutely horrible. I can't imagine this young woman's pain & terror and her family's heartbreak. Prayers of comfort.

This is interesting. Not making any accusations, just observation. COULD this be related?

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2014/12/04/panola-county-sheriff-employee-indicted-for-sexual-battery/19905763/?from=global&sessionKey=&autologin=

I wouldn't think so since she is 19 years old. Wouldn't she have to be underage for it to be a statutory rape?

As outspoken as her daddy has been I think if he thought it was connected he would have said so to the media.

I wouldn't think so since she is 19 years old. Wouldn't she have to be underage for it to be a statutory rape?

As outspoken as her daddy has been I think if he thought it was connected he would have said so to the media.

Yea, you're probably right. Interesting timing though, right? That sheriff's office is sure dealing with some issues aside from the usual.

We know she had plans for the evening to meet two persons for a meal. She was alone on a rural road. It would appear she was ambushed by multiple perps in a vehicle, who, being aware of her plans, knew she was going to be on this road at this time, who planned the crime in advance and brought lighter fluid with them. Given the extent of the fire in the car, it was a large container. I say multiple perps, because it would have taken more than one person to control her and douse her with fluid, and they had to act quickly to evade attention of other cars on the road. It is reported she was gashed on the top of her head, which would have had to have happened outside the vehicle, and then forced back in.

The fact that she had accelerant up her nostrils is particularly gruesome; if it was a large container, she would have been "water-boarded" with accelerant. If there were multiple containers, a small one might have been used to inject her nostrils, as father states, it had been "squirted" into her nostrils; I doubt a small can could have ignited her and the car to the extent it did. Regardless of the size of the container, her head could have to be tilted back when accelerant was placed in her nostrils, another detail pointing to multiple perps. Whoever did this intended for her to die in horror, being tortured by flames as she took her last breaths. Why the level of overkill? Where did they come up with this idea? Is it a theme that appears in pop movies like Saw or Hostel? This victim is the target of explosive rage either personal or symbolic, or both. Perhaps multiple accelerants were used, i.e. can of lighter fluid and a container of gasoline.

Some chatter on social media about "domestic violence, so maybe a boy friend is involved, but I would not rule out the involvement of rival females, as was the case with poor teenaged Shanda Sharer in 1992, who was lured out on a ruse, tortured, and then torched by a teenaged girl and her BFF because she had been supposedly involved with her murderer's boyfriend. The Sharer murder took place over the course of many hours, and the lighter fluid was purchased at a convenience store while the victim was being held in the car, so torching her was part of an evolving plan, whereas the Chambers murder appears to have been planned in advance.

It appears the perps think they have a chance to get away with this....interesting. A small town - should be easy to solve this.

Human cruelty knows no bounds. What kind of monsters do this? And live with their conscience? Obviously they don't have one, and I can't imagine the sorrow/grief/anger of her family. Actually I can. My deepest sympathy to her family and friends.

Panola County Sheriff Dennis Darby said authorities are looking for a person of interest, as well as continuing interviews with witnesses.

<snip>

Jessica's sister, Amanda Prince, said it's the family's understanding from police that someone was inside Jessica's car before the attack. The assailant poured accelerant down her throat and nose and set her on fire. It's unclear if she was knocked out first or if she fought back, but there was a gash on her head, Ben Chambers and Prince said.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2014/12/08/mississippi-woman-set-on-fire/20082929/

Her mother must be so devastated. I would probably want to kill myself if I had to endure such horrid details of my childs murder. I bet the cops want this solved and fast!
Not only this gruesome murder, but Jessica's brother was killed in a car wreck 2 years ago.

How totally devastating for these parents. I cannot even imagine.... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member