GUILTY AL - Hiawayi Robinson, 8, Prichard, 16 September 2014

my goodness I knew it would be a close relative but never suspected dad.

Mobile County District Attorney Ashley Rich says a bond hearing has been set for 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, December 17 for Hiawatha Robinson. It will be held in Judge Sherling’s courtroom. Rich said she will request no bond.

Robinson is charged with first degree sodomy and felony murder in the death of his daughter, 8-year-old Hiawayi.

“The facts will show that while engaging in sodomy in the first degree, Hiawatha Robinson, Jr. caused the death of Hiawayi Robinson,” said Rich.

http://fox10tv.com/2014/12/16/mobile-da-will-request-no-bond-for-hiawatha-robinson/

Article also says that he is being held in PC. If he is found guilty, I hope he is put in general population.

I am truly saddened by what little Hiawayi went through. I hope she didn't endure that type of abuse her whole short life. She looked so happy in all her pictures .....

Does that mean he accidentally killed her during the act, or just that she was killed during the act? Just wondering if it was an intentional killing during SA, or unintentional killing due to the SA.

I will never, never, never be able to understand how anyone can murder a child. And even worse, to sexually assault the child first. And even worse, to be the child's parent and do either or both of those things.

Rest peacefully, baby girl.

The sad reality is in this country more children have to fear their own parent(s) than any other type of abuser/murderer.

95% of the children who have been horrifically neglected, abused, (emotionally, physically beaten, starved, raped/sodomized) or murdered are usually victimized by a parent(s) or a family member whom they trusted and was known to be close to the child.

It is sadly ironic that we teach our children 'stranger danger' when only 5% of strangers abuse and murder children. The children who are at the highest risk of gross abuse or murder are victims of someone they are very familiar with.

These children are everywhere crying out in the night...trapped behind closed doors most of the time and the very ones they want to love them and protect them from evil are the very ones they are most fearful of and will hurt them quicker than anyone.:(

God bless Hiawayi. May her sweet innocent soul rest in peace and may justice be done to the monster who took her precious life away.

You think you've heard it all and then something like this comes along. Speechless.

Does that mean he accidentally killed her during the act, or just that she was killed during the act? Just wondering if it was an intentional killing during SA, or unintentional killing due to the SA.

It sounds like to me they are saying he was committing two felonies. One the aggravated sodomy against a child and in the commission of that felony he murdered her (another felony.)

I imagine he murdered her because he knew she would run back and tell her Mom what he had done. Have they released how she died?

But it is possible that her internal injuries were so severe because of the sodomy that she bled to death. Either way it would qualify for a capital case. Do they have the death penalty?

There is no accidental death when a victim dies because of a brutal felony aggravated sodomy.

I remember in the Melissa Huckabee case when she raped Sandra Cantu with a screwdriver it caused severe internal injuries and Sandra died from ruptures leading to her bleeding to death, iirc.:(

I just can't wrap my head around this one. I keep thinking back to the video of her skipping from the store looking so happy. Precious thing was with her daddy whom I sure she loved and trusted dearly.

Her fear and the confusion she must have had in her last moments are haunting. This world just sucks sometimes.

RIP baby girl

@Oceanblueeyes - Yes Alabama has the death penalty and not afraid to use it.

It sounds like to me they are saying he was committing two felonies. One the aggravated sodomy against a child and in the commission of that felony he murdered her (another felony.)

I imagine he murdered her because he knew she would run back and tell her Mom what he had done. Have they released how she died?

But it is possible that her internal injuries were so severe because of the sodomy that she bled to death. Either way it would qualify for a capital case. Do they have the death penalty?

There is no accidental death when a victim dies because of a brutal felony aggravated sodomy.

I remember in the Melissa Huckabee case when she raped Sandra Cantu with a screwdriver it caused severe internal injuries and Sandra died from ruptures leading to her bleeding to death, iirc.:(

From the way I understood from the press conference, there will be no charges added or changed and I think it was even mentioned when reporter asked something about Capital Murder that the District Attorney seemed certain charges will stay with what they are now. But this is JMO and I'd have to re-watch it to be certain that is what she said so nobody quote me please, this is just verbatim from what I think I remember she said.

"Sodomy is that he, being an adult, engaged in deviant sexual intercourse with a person less than 12-years-old. Deviant sexual intercourse is defined, in the law of the State of Alabama, as sexual gratification involving the sex organs of the mouth or anus of another person," according to Ashley Rich.
Snip
According to the arrest warrant, which was filed on Monday, December 15, Hiawayi's cause of death was suffocation.
*Former Prichard Police Chief Mike Rowland*told News 5 that*investigators took more than 200 samples of DNA from family members, neighbors, and sex offenders in the area to prove Hiawatha Robinson was the one responsible for the crime. The processing of those DNA samples took 13 weeks.

http://www.wkrg.com/story/27642057/breaking-father-arrested-for-death-of-hiawayi-robinson

I will just say that if the State doesn't sentence him to death i hope there are some guys waiting in gen pop to give him the exact same horrific experience he forced upon his daughter. Over and over. We need to quit wasting money housing these monsters, especially putting them in PC. He didn't protect his daughter from the monsters, why should he be protected?! SMDH.

I have to say that I saw this coming. He lied his butt off from the start. Sweet Hiawayi told Grandma that she talked to Daddy and he was meeting her at cousins apt. And she gleefully ran out the door to meet him.

Then Dad tells Mom that he 'never made it' to the cousins. I had to wonder why not? he just told his 8 yr old to meet him there. Would most fathers just blow that off? Tell your 8 yr old to go alone to meet you, then you don't show up? That was a major red flag for me right there.

And I believed Hiawayi when she said her Dad told her he was coming to meet her. But later Dad tried to backpedal, saying it was raining and he never promised to come there. LIAR imo.

Not unexpected. I hope he rots in prison! The one that is suppose to love and protect you, and then violates and murders you. The punishment for gross violation of her trust should be part of his sentencing. Poor dear Hiawayi didn't get a chance at life, and neither should he!

Also, watching Dad here tells you all you need to know:

http://snewsi.com/id/1437421936/Hiawayi-Robinson

from the link above:

Dad; I'm in pain but I aint gonna stop til its over with…

What do u think happened to her?

Dad: I don't believe nothing happened to her…she hiding out…she is hiding out..

Notice how dad starts by saying that HE is the one in pain. And then blames his daughter by saying she is just hiding. :no:

IIRC, didn't Hiawayi's father get arrested on some drug charges? I wonder if he was using cocaine, PCP, or anything that can cause violent blackouts or rage in people. I remember there was a case in Texas once where a mother who regularly used canabis one day ended up smoking some that she did not know was laced with PCP. She attempted drown her youngest children in a bathtub, but was stopped by her teenage son. Whether Hiawayi's father's mindset was affected by drugs or not, it's still his fault for causing her death. Of couse some of this is just JMO and :twocents:.

OMG! Wow ....just WOW! I did not see this coming down like this. WTH is wrong with the world?

Yeah sure, I thought there was a connection, but I was thinking drugs. Not this. Never this.

I thought he was hinky, but never guessed it would be this. I can't comprehend a Father doing this to his little girl.

Prayers for sweet Hiawayi's Mom & family. They must be in a horrible state of shock.

Wow, add me to the list of those who didn't see this one coming. That poor baby girl :(.

I had a feeling it was going to be a relative - I didn't believe his story from the beginning, but was hoping it wasn't someone so close to her that should have loved and protected her. I can't imagine what that poor baby girl was thinking as she was being raped by her father! It absolutely tears me up. Hopefully he'll get the death penalty or at least general population...I've heard that child rapists/murderers are on the bottom of the food chain in prison.

RIP Beautiful girl

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back