Verdict watch! ** GUILTY **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Justin Hayward ‏@HaywardCBC · 1m1 minute ago
Prosecution in #magnotta trial asks for maximum sentence on all offences. Defence asks for concurrent sentences.

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 2m2 minutes ago
Leclair consulting with #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 2m2 minutes ago
Leclair asks for lunch break. We are back at 2:15 #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 48s49 seconds ago
We are satisfied that you have not let our son down. I came to see remorse or hear an apology and I leave with none #Magnotta

THAT ^^^ No remorse...no apology during the trial. All about LM.
<rsbm>

Even if LM had offered up words, they would have had no meaning.

I hope this gets the max on every single count he has been convicted on.

Doesn't Magnotta get a chance to speak now before he is sentenced?

Yes I believe he does. Which is probably why LeClair is requesting this break. To discuss with LM whether he will be getting up to apologize or say something. I hope he doesn't pull a "Rafferty" and say something offensive.

MOO

Yes I believe he does. Which is probably why LeClair is requesting this break. To discuss with LM whether he will be getting up to apologize or say something. I hope he doesn't pull a "Rafferty" and say something offensive.

MOO
Something tells me it will be all about him.

This isn't his day. No matter what he says, this is a day for justice and the victim - he can't have this. He's taken too much. His words are as meaningless now as the rest of his life. There's something poetic about a lifetime of reflection - whether it serves him or not. This tweet struck a particular chord with me... a reminder that when you commit such crimes you doom yourself, in a way, to the same fate as your victim:

salimah shivji &#8207;@salimah_shivji 17m17 minutes ago
Letter: I'm told the accused will spend life behind bars reflecting on crime. I think his future sounds like my family's #Magnotta #cbcmtl

Nobody wants to hear whatever that parasite has to say. I hope Jun Lins' father is allowed to leave or is given earplugs.

Perhaps in time the family will understand that LM is not capable of remorse but a whole nation is feeling what LM cannot. It is very likely that LM will meet a similar fate as J.D.

Jun Lins' birthday is next Tuesday, Dec 30th. Keep him in your thoughts & hearts & remember his life and beautiful smile.

Diana Swain @swaindiana · 8m 8 minutes ago
&#8220;@NahayatT: This is absolutely heartbreaking. Jun Lin's father's victim impact statement. #Magnotta &#8221; Devastating.

2uhn255.jpg

t6728i.jpg

There is more of it here...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/jun-lin-family-s-victim-impact-statement-1.2882560

That impact statement is really saddening. I cannot fathom how much pain that family much have gone through. It's more sad because Jun Lin would have almost been finished with his studies at Concordia (He would be in third or fourth year).

Oh and guys, the law firm that brought Jun Lin's family here on pro bono has set up a trust fund for Jun Lin's family. I kindly ask of all of you to please donate.

http://www.linjunfamily.com/

I've always maintained the worst part of this crime is the fact that the parents cannot even search their son's name online without seeing images of his dismembered body. Not only did he murder that poor boy, he murdered his legacy - etched the images of his final moments on the walls of the cyber world for all to see indefinitely. There's no punishment too severe for what this monster has done.

Nobody wants to hear whatever that parasite has to say. I hope Jun Lins' father is allowed to leave or is given earplugs.

Perhaps in time the family will understand that LM is not capable of remorse but a whole nation is feeling what LM cannot. It is very likely that LM will meet a similar fate as J.D.

Jun Lins' birthday is next Tuesday, Dec 30th. Keep him in your thoughts & hearts & remember his life and beautiful smile.
I think you are right that most of us don't want to hear what he has to say but I think Jun Lin's father does, I think he is looking for an explanation or apology, not that it would make much difference but I do think he expects it. Poor man.

That impact statement is really saddening. I cannot fathom how much pain that family much have gone through. It's more sad because Jun Lin would have almost been finished with his studies at Concordia (He would be in third or fourth year).

Oh and guys, the law firm that brought Jun Lin's family here on pro bono has set up a trust fund for Jun Lin's family. I kindly ask of all of you to please donate.

http://www.linjunfamily.com/

I'm glad that I get paid tomorrow. I will definitely donate as much as I can.

Shuyee Lee &#8207;@sleeCJAD · 25s25 seconds ago
Lunch break over. Almost ready to resume. #Magnotta #CJAD

I think you are right that most of us don't want to hear what he has to say but I think Jun Lin's father does, I think he is looking for an explanation or apology, not that it would make much difference but I do think he expects it. Poor man.

If this has the guts to FACE and SPEAK to the court/Jun Lin's father........I'll be stunned. Totally stunned......

amy minsky &#8207;@amyminsky · 2m2 minutes ago
Back in, waiting to see what #Magnotta's lawyer decides re: max penalties for the four sentences that are not life (which carries auto life)

Question - they keep saying they are waiting to see what the defence suggests re the 4 other penalties that are not first degree murder... why would a defence attorney suggest anything more than the least amount of time possible? Am I missing something?

Question - they keep saying they are waiting to see what the defence suggests re the 4 other penalties that are not first degree murder... why would a defence attorney suggest anything more than the least amount of time possible? Am I missing something?

Not sure but I think LM has the opportunity to either just accept the maximum penalties or to plead for a lesser sentence? Mitigation IOW? But with the one charge of life, what's the point if he can get concurrent? Which is of course what LeClair is asking for.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member