Identified! VA - Annandale, WhtFem 245UFVA, ~60, 'NO CODE, DNR, No Penicillin', Dec'96

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merry Christmas, Christmas tree lady. Here's to hoping that someone at the dinner table will wonder where you went 18 years ago and decide to look online for you.

I have an Ancestry account, and, as they say, "I know how to use it."

Based on Aunt Tina's given name as Florence King, and brother William (or Billy), and sister Shirley; given that Annendale Christmas Tree Lady was about 60 years old when found (giving her a birth year of approximately 1996-60, or 1936, plus-or-minus five years) and that she apparently lived in or around Quincy, MA:

There are a couple of individuals listed in Ancestry's records that could very well be Christmas Tree Lady. One of the records is a senior picture in a yearbook (Malden High School, Malden, MA, class of 1946) with the notation, "Sweet personality, full of rascality, that's Florence King...nursing requires patience, the ability to work hard, a friendly disposition..." and there's a photo. I'm not good at photos - I couldn't tell you whether this young woman's features could grow into Christmas Tree Lady. The nursing connection gave me goosebumps, though. This young woman, however, was born in 1930, so she may not fit the age criteria.

With Florence's parent's names, I could be more accurate, maybe.

Happy Christmas, Christmas Tree Lady - we're trying to give you back your name!

Yes, I was praying that by this Holiday, we would have given our dear Christmas Tree Lady back her name. But, we must continue to do our footwork, and it will all happen in God's time.

Merry Christmas to all the good souls here on Websleuths trying to serve those in sorrow and need. God Bless!

I think Marilyn Waltz looks a lot like our Jane Doe's sketch, especially because of the nose. And I agree that Marilyn Waltz looks older than her age. This might be interesting.

Has it ever been determined if the hair was dyed? I know that natural red hair tends to lose vibrancy and get lighter/more coppery as the person ages, so it caught my attention when it was stated that the hair was almost a coppery color, I feel like the statement draws me towards natural redheads (like Marilyn).

Of course, if she were an older woman she might have "needed" to dye it because of it greying, regardless of original shade, but in that case it might be interesting to know if there were roots that gave any clues regarding the original color.

I like the Marilyn Waltz picture too. The nose, the mouth is thin and quite straight for both women and really nothing else in the face seems completely wrong to me. Redheads do tend to go lighter so that fits too.

Was Marilyn Submitted? They both have dentals on file. It may be an issue since the time span is so long but if something was missing on Marilyn it would still be gone.

She looks like a good one.

Was Marilyn Submitted? They both have dentals on file. It may be an issue since the time span is so long but if something was missing on Marilyn it would still be gone.

She looks like a good one.

I didn't submit her yet. I'll do that after the holidays, unless somebody else wants to do it sooner.

tysm j123. I just tried that and one person came up. I sent her an inbox. I appreciate the tip. I will try whatever tips that are offered. :thinking:

Wondering if you're still checking this thread SFT and if you ever received a reply.

I heard that Facebook does not notify people when they receive messages from those who are not on their friends list. There is an option to pay $1 to notify that person, or you can add them as a friend. If you haven't heard back, it might be because of this.

Please let us know if you remember even the smallest details about Tina/Florence. Even if she isn't this Christmas Tree lady, I still think of her as a missing person.

I know; but I thought the date was close enough to be interesting. Probably a coincidence. She might be worth a closer look, though.

Regarding the suggestions from the '70s....is it realistic to think somebody left without a trace, bounced around for almost 20 years, and then turned up as a fresh suicide, also seemingly without a trace of background?

Regarding the suggestions from the '70s....is it realistic to think somebody left without a trace, bounced around for almost 20 years, and then turned up as a fresh suicide, also seemingly without a trace of background?

I think it's less likely, but there have been cases where people disappeared and showed up again decades later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288