Retrieving wreckage from AirAsia Flight To Singapore- no survivors recovered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like its time to start hoping there are survivors, as unlikely as it might seem.. :(

Australian TV also reporting plane crashed

Aust News Network ‏@AusNewsNetwork 2m2 minutes ago
An aircraft has reportedly crashed in waters off the east coast of Sumatra, Indonesia, after authorities confirmed #QZ8501 went missing.

Nothing official yet .....

2 minutes ago
Changi Airport
@FansofChangi
Authorities had advised status of the #QZ8501 bound for SG from Surabaya is unknown. More updates to follow on http://t.co/YZBKfTsGXR

Terrible news for those families ! So sad. I hope there are survivors.

3 minutes ago
Changi Airport
@changiairport
Relatives’ Holding Area @T2 providing assistance to next-of-kin of passengers.NOKs to go to info counter in middle of T2 Arrival Hall.

Request to fly at higher altitude to avoid clouds .... snippet from Indonesian presser.

Ch24 TV News

Thanks for the updates, all; I'm in a hotel room with a sleeping friend and I don't want to turn on the TV.

Prayers for the occupants.

I hope this was not a hijacking. I hope it was quick. I hope any survivors can be restored to health. Please God help all the EMS and rescue personnel during this awful time.

OK so the pilot / first officer requested to deviate because of adverse weather per CNN.

UPDATED STATEMENT FROM AIR ASIA

AirAsia Indonesia regrets to confirm that flight QZ8501 from Surabaya to Singapore has lost contact with air traffic control at 07:24 (Surabaya LT) this morning. The flight took off from Juanda International Airport in Surabaya at 0535hours.

The aircraft was an Airbus A320-200 with the registration number PK-AXC. There were two pilots, four flight attendants and one engineer on board.

The captain in command had a total of 6,100 flying hours and the first officer a total of 2,275 flying hours

There were 155 passengers on board, with 138 adults, 16 children and 1 infant. Also on board were 2 pilots and 5 cabin crew.

Nationalities of passengers and crew onboard are as below:
1 Singapore
1 Malaysia
1 France
3 South Korean
156 Indonesia

At this time, search and rescue operations are being conducted under the guidance of The Indonesia of Civil Aviation Authority (CAA). AirAsia Indonesia is cooperating fully and assisting the investigation in every possible way.

The aircraft was on the submitted flight plan route and was requesting deviation due to enroute weather before communication with the aircraft was lost while it was still under the control of the Indonesian Air Traffic Control (ATC).

The aircraft had undergone its last scheduled maintenance on 16 November 2014.

AirAsia has established an Emergency Call Centre that is available for family or friends of those who may have been on board the aircraft. The number is: +622129850801.

AirAsia will release further information as soon as it becomes available. Updated information will also be posted on the AirAsia website, www.airasia.com.

CNN reported that the pilot asked for flight path deviation due to weather...

Prayers for the passengers, crew, family and friends. Please let there be survivors!

View attachment 66390

Air Asia flight 8501 to Surabaya: Go To Info Counter

Four words striking fear into the hearts of all those families...

To be honest, I am surprised they still had it up on the display. I would hope all the family knew it was missing already, because if not that would be a horrible way to find out from the info counter.

It will also be interesting to hear from other aircraft in the area. CNN report that 7 other carriers were along the same corridor.

Prayers to all on board and family members awaiting words. Just heartbreaking.

The odds are mind boggling.

:tears:

:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

for anyone not watching CNN;

their weather guy was just saying that the aircraft was at about 32k feet and requested to climb to 38k feet and divert route, but the thunderstorms in the area were as high as 52k feet so they would not have been out of their effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam