VA - Grateful Dead Fan - Social Media Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I don't think the pictures of Jason should be sent until his identity is known. I don't think there is much point for the case manager to be bothered just to look at a photo that is not going to lead to anything unless there is more information associated with who this actually is. I think a little patience would be a good thing here. Jmo.

I don't see the harm in the case manager/ME just comparing the pics with the pics in the autopsy report. If it's a positive match, that would be huge. If they can't tell, we're right where we already are. If it turns out to be him, we still wouldn't know his name or family, but we'd know he's "Jason" and have gotten a glimpse of his life in the stories that are surfacing.

In the new photo (to me anyways) his hair looks to be naturally sandy at the roots and looks like he put in "sun-in" at some point in time. IIRC that was pretty popular in the 90's too. So I wouldn't rule out that he may have dyed his hair red, either. JMHO

WE HAVE A NEW PHOTO;

http://imgur.com/6rTVIWC

Can someone please update to all over ongoing threads? On my phone and struggling to update to here!

Let me know if link doesn't work!

And huge thank you's to the wonderful person supplying me with photos!!! :)

I can see GD in this pic more than the previous ones. The eyebrows, the nose, his chin, the cheekbones, the hair.

Can we get a little bit of story on the pic. Obviously, not names or anything but maybe who they are in relation to Jason. Are they friends, family, co-workers...

They do seem kind of dressed up. Collared shirts and whatnot. But that makes the Jay in the skirt more comparable to the Grateful Doe in bluejeans.

Just a thought here but as a trained cosmetologist I would note that his hair in this new picture is similar to the length of his hair in the sketch, and also it is blonde enough here that it would easily take to a temporary red dye like manic panic or kool-aid. Darker hair wouldn't show the red as well. And since the picture was obviously taken in warmer weather it could have been shortly before he died making his hair length correct if the composite is correct

The year was 1998. I was 13. Me and friend (blonde) were going to dye our hair blue with Kool aid. Her's took great. Mine being brunette did nothing. I was so upset and jealous. Her parents were maaaaaaaaad. It took almost a week to wash out completely.

Oh the 90s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So one thing I had not noticed before. Their hairlines almost match up perfectly in that picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They do seem kind of dressed up. Collared shirts and whatnot. But that makes the Jay in the skirt more comparable to the Grateful Doe in bluejeans.

That was a skirt in the first pics??? I thought they were just some really neat baggy pants...

And the shorter pieces at the front of the hairline/fringe area. It has to be him..

Sent the last composite to uncle whom is in law enforcement in Syracuse.
He said "if we had to issue a warrant a judge would sign off on it" . He has looked at countless situations like this.

That was a skirt in the first pics??? I thought they were just some really neat baggy pants...

Me too but i realized today both men in the first picture are wearing skirts! And i think that could be a good identifier to people who knew him!

I would say that it's him, too. I hope this has all been sent to the lead on the case. So that it's ruled in OR out. FWIW; the hair color difference with GD could be explained because MEs will wash a body before photographing, this includes the hair. Mine looks dark brown when it's washed/wet but I'm a sandy blonde. JMO

My bf wears skirts and is a dead head too. But in a midwest college town like Champaign it might be the thing that rings a bell for someone who might know his last name.

I have a fresh appreciation for the person who did the autopsy drawings. That must have been extremely difficult given the injuries, but, he or she did an amazing job of accurately recreating the young man's sweet face.

I typed "highschool year book" into the search bar of ebay, and came up with 53,000 hits. It might be a place to look ... if you can keep from bidding against each other.

Or.... maybe the highschools have old year books in their libraries, or someone on staff might have a collection. If there is a local following this thread, perhaps they could call to find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member