MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any evidence taken from the car would probably be inadmissible since the tow truck driver allegedly stopped at the M&M and Ali had access to the car, snapping several pictures of it as well. The car has extensive rear end and right rear damage. My thinking is that the damage occurred if she was rear ended on the road or from the car being pushed up the hill by another vehicle where it burned. It is impossible to effectively clear a crime scene in less than an hour unless your are totally inept and do not know what you are doing. Many small jurisdictions do not have these types of crimes often enough to keep officers at their sharpest so much evidence could be overlooked.

Even the gouges in the ground should show tire track from a second vehicle if one were used. Footprints (any that had not been destroyed by the firefighters would be valuable evidence as well. One picture shows a bottle laying on the ground, another shows a wiper blade.
I agree that any evidence from the car could be compromised. it would be like stopping to buy cigs at the gas station with the murder weapon and letting the gas station attendant view it/take pics of it. The rear-end damage, however, was a result of the trunk being pried open to extinguish fire. But yes, that car should've never been at the gas station and it never should have been photographed. that is just not right.

What IS that building north? And is it attached to the convenience store as the Birdseye view seems to show?

that whole place looks suspect. large HVAC system and electrical next to double doors out back, along with the satellite dishes. does the sat dish co take them away if they aren't in use?
the middle section that looks like the motel has a bunch of holes where pipes prob used to come out, and some cut off pipes that go nowhere.
but it does have a gas meter that looks potentially active.

I agree that any evidence from the car could be compromised. it would be like stopping to buy cigs at the gas station with the murder weapon and letting the gas station attendant view it/take pics of it. The rear-end damage, however, was a result of the trunk being pried open to extinguish fire. But yes, that car should've never been at the gas station and it never should have been photographed. that is just not right.

If you look closely, there is also damage to the right rear quarter panel.
That damage looks a little excessive for just a trunk opening but it is possible.
I think Jessica was carjacked and forcibly driven to the place where she was injured.
The driver's seat was tilted way back....significant?
Maybe a large man driving her car.

Sadly, the tow truck probably obliterated any tire tracks from a second vehicle if one was present.
How else would the offenders lleave the scene?

The National Institute of Justice hosts a series of forensic databases that can match tire tread, shoe and even auto paint chips.
http://www.nij.gov/journals/258/pages/forensic-databases.aspx

I don't imagine these investigators took any of that into consideration.

I agree...compromised from the start.

If I were a detective on Sheriff Dennis Darby's staff, as soon as the M&M video was brought to my attention, I would have begun telephone calls to any possible commercial property with video surveillance, requesting them to look for a 2005 Kia between the hours 6:32pm and 8:13pm. For example, there's a place in Pope Co., within 5 mins drive, where Jessica could have washed and cleaned her car, and sat down with friends over a slice of pizza. From that location, back to Herron Road, is a simple skip, less than 3 minutes. That place is appropriately called "The Place".

I mentioned this place in an early Thread #4, I believe.

In the interview linked below, Champion says there are numerous videos so I think they must have requested them from local businesses. Sorry, I can't remember exactly where in the interview he says this.
http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/clip/...nterview-with-district-attorney-john-champion

Does someone have a link to the extended video at M&Ms please and TIA.

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story...nola-county?clienttype=generic&mobilecgbypass

spouses can testify against each other in many places now. not sure about Panola County.

They can but can they be forced to testify against a spouse or would testifying have to be voluntary?

I must admit that DA Champion's attire never even caused me to blink. Especially not after knowing that a TV crew obtained the video footage of JC at the gas station before LE, seeing the gas station attendant explain that he knew accelerant was poured down JC's throat soon after the crime because "two sheriffs" told him, and hearing that the tow truck driver stopped for cigarettes towing THE BIGGEST PIECE OF EVIDENCE (and allowed photos to be taken.) nothing surprises me now :/

Just because the gas station attendant said LE told him about the flammable liquid down JC's throat doesn't make it true. LE have said they are reviewing everything and that comment has to be near the top of the list. I don't know how investigators could possibly know that early on unless Jessica told them and I bet she didn't tell them. I think doctors discovered it later.

In the interview linked below, Champion says there are numerous videos so I think they must have requested them from local businesses. Sorry, I can't remember exactly where in the interview he says this.
http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/clip/...nterview-with-district-attorney-john-champion

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story...nola-county?clienttype=generic&mobilecgbypass

They can but can they be forced to testify against a spouse or would testifying have to be voluntary?

it depends. as far as DV cases, spouses can now testify against each other. dunno if they can be subpoenaed to testify against a spouse, I just know they are allowed to now. it's prob up to the DA and if they cooperate.

"The witness is married to someone involved in the case: Communication between two spouses is considered privileged by courts. This means that in most cases, you can't be forced to testify against your spouse in court. - See more at: http://litigation.findlaw.com/going-to-court/may-the-court-force-me-to-testify.html#sthash.PTzP2Acj.dpuf"

Just because the gas station attendant said LE told him about the flammable liquid down JC's throat doesn't make it true. LE have said they are reviewing everything and that comment has to be near the top of the list. I don't know how investigators could possibly know that early on unless Jessica told them and I bet she didn't tell them. I think doctors discovered it later.

it is odd how much was known so early on (the wee hours of 12/7) in SM about what supposedly happened. was there ever really a "fly free" FB page for JC?

Not sure how he knew about it then. He posted it on his FB, which is why he was questioned about it later. Unless he just took a really good guess!

so this is interesting - mostly old news, but focusing on how scared, especially the female residents, are and thats why no one will talk. he says they all think it's someone local whom they know and who knows them, so they won't talk. won't talk on camera.
I think the death threats AA got were from the killer(s).

http://www.cnn.com/videos/crime/2014/12/12/ac-dnt-savidge-teen-burned-alive-update.cnn

also interesting, some locals FB pages are blocked, gone or locked down. people who previously had public pages and posts. or have created new pages.

How many investigators are working on the case from all those agencies which have been listed?

Anybody know who got married? I'm remembering spouses can't testify against each other.

:gasp:

what you say is very interesting. there are other ways to find out who got married (people like gascanman), such as SM pages. esp new pages of people who shut down their old pages which used to be public and had a lot of attention on them - their posts were grabbed and published on other sites.
it doesn't go along with my latest theory, but it does fit my earlier theory...

What IS that building north? And is it attached to the convenience store as the Birdseye view seems to show?

At first, I thought it could it be storage for inventory for the store. Sometimes Googling the street address will bring up business names and people names related to it. All kinds of things are going around in our minds now. Lots of roll-up doors for semis to backup and unload/load. There looks to be lots of stuff in there and I can't imagine if something really secret was going on there it would be so exposed. Then again, we don't know when the pics were taken. I do remember seeing the picture of LE videotaping FROM THE MONITOR in the store and the screen showed that there were multiple cameras. Some may even have been monitoring that building.

I will clarify my above post. AA provided a ton of info about that night. He told us what JC was like (normal), what they talked about, how much gas she bought, the fact that she re-entered the store to buy cigarettes. He takes pics of JC's car parked in front of his gas station and admits to doing this on camera. He also states on two occasions that I know of that lighter fluid was poured down her throat. We then learn that "two sheriffs" told him this info. We also know he was questioned later by LE and is the ONLY one officially cleared. That tells me his story checked out, because I'm sure they would want to know where this gas station kid got his info(info that JC's dad also reveals to the press)

I agree 100 percent that just because AA said something, does not make it so. There are 2 things that you brought up that I would like to comment on: 1) I agree when you said, "I don't know how investigators could possibly know that early on...". That is something that has stuck with me as well. I can't remember when AA was quoted as saying that they told him that, be it immediately after they found Jessica, or when the police came in to get the video footage from the store (after being tipped off by news reporters, SMH). I do recall the interview when JC's dad said that the doctors told him that 'a liquid' was 'squirted' down her throat. This brings me to the fact that I had been HIGHLY dubious, to say the least, about the recollection of the the volunteer fireman guy Haley. I doubted his words from the beginning, when he said that JC told him 'some names' before she was transported to the hospital. This leads me to my second sentiment: I began to reconsider my doubt in Haley's statement about Jessica talking to him (to some extent-bear with me), after I looked into the timing of the 911 call, the timing of when first responders arrived, the timing of when the tow truck guy decided to stop at M&M, and the timing of the first person that police questioned, Erick Bibbs (sp?). Gibbs stated in his interview with the media (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYjYVkEBPdg) that the police came to his house at 'about 9:30' that night. This tells me that they left the scene of where they found Jessica and pretty much immediately went to Bibbs' residence, only AFTER calling around trying to locate him, as he reported they had called both his mother and grandmother's houses. What this means to me is either A) JC was in fact able (somehow) to speak to Haley, and she communicated with him something pertaining to Mr. Bibbs; or B) the police had an inclination of some sort to locate Bibbs and question him immediately. Now, I could keep going back to the fact that 'investigators' spent such little time at the crime scene, but I think that we can all agree that the investigation of this crime was inadequate at BEST, so, I'm going to leave that alone for now. So, after all of this rambling, the purpose of this post, I suppose, is to see if any of you have any idea/clues/guesses as to why police would IMMEDIATELY rush to track down Erick Bibbs. Did Jessica tell police? Did they suspect him for another reason? Were the police aware of a 'party' being held there (in a town so small, I would think that if there was an actual 'party' going on, everyone and their mama would know where it was (MOO)? If any of you are as emotionally invested in this case as I am (which I can tell that pretty much every single person that has had the inclination to post here is), you have looked at outside sources, besides WS, for information about this case, be it MSM, YouTube, or social media, and we all know that there are conspiracy theories, accusations, etc. flying around at record speed. Does anything that any of you have seen/read/watched/heard give you any insight to this? The curiosity is eating at me... TIA... and the information that you ALL have come up with in the last month pertaining to this case has been amazing to say the least.

I agree 100 percent that just because AA said something, does not make it so. There are 2 things that you brought up that I would like to comment on: 1) I agree when you said, "I don't know how investigators could possibly know that early on...". That is something that has stuck with me as well. I can't remember when AA was quoted as saying that they told him that, be it immediately after they found Jessica, or when the police came in to get the video footage from the store (after being tipped off by news reporters, SMH). I do recall the interview when JC's dad said that the doctors told him that 'a liquid' was 'squirted' down her throat. This brings me to the fact that I had been HIGHLY dubious, to say the least, about the recollection of the the volunteer fireman guy Haley. I doubted his words from the beginning, when he said that JC told him 'some names' before she was transported to the hospital. This leads me to my second sentiment: I began to reconsider my doubt in Haley's statement about Jessica talking to him (to some extent-bear with me), after I looked into the timing of the 911 call, the timing of when first responders arrived, the timing of when the tow truck guy decided to stop at M&M, and the timing of the first person that police questioned, Erick Bibbs (sp?). Gibbs stated in his interview with the media (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYjYVkEBPdg) that the police came to his house at 'about 9:30' that night. This tells me that they left the scene of where they found Jessica and pretty much immediately went to Bibbs' residence, only AFTER calling around trying to locate him, as he reported they had called both his mother and grandmother's houses. What this means to me is either A) JC was in fact able (somehow) to speak to Haley, and she communicated with him something pertaining to Mr. Bibbs; or B) the police had an inclination of some sort to locate Bibbs and question him immediately. Now, I could keep going back to the fact that 'investigators' spent such little time at the crime scene, but I think that we can all agree that the investigation of this crime was inadequate at BEST, so, I'm going to leave that alone for now. So, after all of this rambling, the purpose of this post, I suppose, is to see if any of you have any idea/clues/guesses as to why police would IMMEDIATELY rush to track down Erick Bibbs. Did Jessica tell police? Did they suspect him for another reason? Were the police aware of a 'party' being held there (in a town so small, I would think that if there was an actual 'party' going on, everyone and their mama would know where it was (MOO)? If any of you are as emotionally invested in this case as I am (which I can tell that pretty much every single person that has had the inclination to post here is), you have looked at outside sources, besides WS, for information about this case, be it MSM, YouTube, or social media, and we all know that there are conspiracy theories, accusations, etc. flying around at record speed. Does anything that any of you have seen/read/watched/heard give you any insight to this? The curiosity is eating at me... TIA... and the information that you ALL have come up with in the last month pertaining to this case has been amazing to say the least.
You make a very compelling argument for why they questioned him so soon. Practically before they had the scene cleared. Great post!

In addition to the above possibilities

I will propose C) (or maybe it should be named A(2), who knows) and that is that Jessica made some attempt at communication which was misinterpreted by Haley as "Eric" or "Derrick" or possibly even D) which is that Haley embellished and Jessica said nothing that was decipherable whatsoever.

I believe there is only one reason police would go so very quickly from the scene to locate and question the man named Eric who spoke about it on camera. And that reason is that they were told that Jessica said his name or a name which sounded very like his name. Now whether she actually did so only the firefighter knows but I have no reason to disbelieve him.

In addition to the above possibilities

I will propose C) (or maybe it should be named A(2), who knows) and that is that Jessica made some attempt at communication which was misinterpreted by Haley as "Eric" or "Derrick" or possibly even D) which is that Haley embellished and Jessica said nothing that was decipherable whatsoever.

I believe there is only one reason police would go so very quickly from the scene to locate and question the man named Eric who spoke about it on camera. And that reason is that they were told that Jessica said his name or a name which sounded very like his name. Now whether she actually did so only the firefighter knows but I have no reason to disbelieve him.

I think it came out that she spoke those names b4 LE could tell the amateurs to keep quiet. fire fighters don't have the same training as cops about evidence at a crime scene that is not related to material items, I imagine.

I believe she was able to communicate somehow and that she did give a few names, and at least one of those names was Eric, Derrick, or something very close. I don't know what she said this person actually did, but I do believe she was able to give some info.

The closest to an 'answer' to this that I can recall thus far, is the recent interview with the Gov., where he stated, “My instructions to (Mississippi Department of Public Safety) Commissioner Albert Santa Cruze is to spare no effort. Whatever we need to do, utilize whatever expertise, equipment, manpower, personnel, we are going to find the person who committed this heinous crime; and we are going to hold them accountable,”. He also states, "Believe me, there is no one who would like to solve this crime more than the local law enforcement agencies and the professional investigators who are working for the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation.” And finally, “Anybody can be a critic; but I can assure you that from (Panola County District Attorney) John Champion to the sheriff department, the federal authorities involved and the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation, everyone is working hard.” Very vague, not listing how many investigators are working on the case. I know this doesn't help, but felt the need to respond to your question with something...

How many investigators are working on the case from all those agencies which have been listed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa