VA - Grateful Dead Fan - Unidentified male, 26 June 1995 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a side note, if you want to get irritated, you could look up "DoeMatching" on a very popular funding request site.
Is this the person who claimed a few months ago that she was going to have this case solved? And set up that FB page?

Please excuse my questions if they have already been answered.

Did Grateful Doe have an accent as in either Midwest or Southern?
Has the locale of the McDonalds he worked in been established?
Would John Walsh and his connections be of use?

Thank you so much. You all do great work!

I noticed something today out of the blue....

The sketch of GD isn't as widely circulated as the reconstruction and the NCMEC pic, so I haven't looked at it as closely as I have the others. I found it again today and something jumped out at me.

Jason has a lock of hair on the right side of his head, at his part, that separates itself naturally from the rest of his hair; I assume it is the result of a cowlick or something similar.

The sketch appears to show this same feature: a lock of hair, separate from the rest of his hair, trailing down his right temple. I was convinced the moment I saw the first photo (those ears! those eyes, lips, etc.) and have only grown more convinced as more info surfaces. While this lock of hair isn't nearly as significant as other bits of info we've gotten, I'm looking at is as yet another piece of the puzzle that I know in my heart and my gut is about to be solved.

Jason_collage.jpg

Thoughts? Does anyone else see it, or do you think it's just hair; an insignificant detail drawn there by the artist with no rhyme or reason?

untitled.png
I noticed something today out of the blue....

The sketch of GD isn't as widely circulated as the reconstruction and the NCMEC pic, so I haven't looked at it as closely as I have the others. I found it again today and something jumped out at me.

Jason has a lock of hair on the right side of his head, at his part, that separates itself naturally from the rest of his hair; I assume it is the result of a cowlick or something similar.

The sketch appears to show this same feature: a lock of hair, separate from the rest of his hair, trailing down his right temple. I was convinced the moment I saw the first photo (those ears! those eyes, lips, etc.) and have only grown more convinced as more info surfaces. While this lock of hair isn't nearly as significant as other bits of info we've gotten, I'm looking at is as yet another piece of the puzzle that I know in my heart and my gut is about to be solved.

View attachment 67108

Thoughts? Does anyone else see it, or do you think it's just hair; an insignificant detail drawn there by the artist with no rhyme or reason?

In my opinion that is the closest one that resembles Jay/Jason.For some reason I have never thought that the newest composite that was done by NCMEC would look like the real person.There was nothing that stood out like the others.It was all about the eyes for me.I thought he would have very distinct eyes.

I think we're confusing things here. The yearbook link was in reference to the driver of the car, Eric Hager, who was from Spartanburg, SC. Just as background information. I don't believe the poster was suggesting that we look for Jason Doe there.

That is correct. I looked up Eric Hager out of curiosity. (I did look for any Jason's in that yearbook, anyways, lol). I don't think they knew each other as in long time friends. I did, however, comment on how Eric Hager was a cutie, and how his blonde, wavy hair reminded me of "Jason". It solidifies more that they probably bonded due to mutual styles and interests. :)

Answers below:

Please excuse my questions if they have already been answered.

Did Grateful Doe have an accent as in either Midwest or Southern? -- they said no accent other than sounding like a 'surfer dude'
Has the locale of the McDonalds he worked in been established? -- yes i believe so. the roommates are trying to contact the right people there.
Would John Walsh and his connections be of use? -- someone said it was already on america's most wanted but i cannot verify. local media is helping though. and so is the national center for missing and exploited children.

Thank you so much. You all do great work!

That is correct. I looked up Eric Hager out of curiosity. (I did look for any Jason's in that yearbook, anyways, lol). I don't think they knew each other as in long time friends. I did, however, comment on how Eric Hager was a cutie, and how his blonde, wavy hair reminded me of "Jason". It solidifies more that they probably bonded due to mutual styles and interests. :)

Was there a link to Eric Hagers photo? just out of plain curiosity I want to see what he looks like lol. Plus for some reason i always thought he was older like in his 30s or something and just picked up a kid hitchhiking, i have no idea why i thought that, i only just saw today he was 21!

One post here that I read some time ago claimed the local police received a phone call about the mysterious dead teenager, and that it seemed that the caller might have known him. Perhaps the family knew he is dead, but did not want to take his body home?

One post here that I read some time ago claimed the local police received a phone call about the mysterious dead teenager, and that it seemed that the caller might have known him. Perhaps the family knew he is dead, but did not want to take his body home?

That was a rumor that the ME dismissed when I spoke to him last summer.

OK, so when you were getting us all to back off Jay C, someone asked if the housemates remembered the name 'C' and somebody said they were asked about this and it really did not seem familiar. Was this the truth?

I have never made any contact with the housemates. I find it surprising that none of them remembered his last name.

I don't use FB. Now it is a waiting game. However, they are free to contact me through WS to compare names though.

The person who posted this indicated they sent a message to the Grateful Doe page admin. I haven't kept track of who is handling that page, or if they are a WSer or not.

He could have given them a false last name.

I don't know if he had a reason to but again, to not remember your roommates last name is strange. Then again, this whole case is strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine