Lloyd Welch is Person of Interest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info regarding the existence of a trailer on the property LE searched last September on the mountain. From your own knowledge and memory, when was that trailer first put on the property, how many years did it remain, and when and why was it removed? When it finally was removed, was it sold to someone else, or was it taken to a scrap yard/junk yard? Also, did you ever play around the trailer or remember ever going inside of it? Sorry if this sounds like a lot of questions, but I just keep thinking about that trailer and would like to know more.

I never went into Allen and Lizzie's son's trailer. I can't remember exactly how many years it was there but if I remember correctly, their son got married and lived there for a while with his wife. Their son died in 1999. I'm not sure if he was living there when he died or not. By 1999 I was married and had a daughter. I'll ask one of my other cousins tomorrow and see if she remembers how long the trailer was there and when it was removed. I'll try and get you some more answers.

Just talked to my cousin and here's the story about the trailer...Allen and Lizzie's son lived there with his wife for a short period of time. The son and his wife separated, and they both left the trailer. It was empty for awhile, Allen and Lizzie rented the trailer out 3 or 4 different times to different people. After Lizzie died in 2006, Allen rented it once again for awhile. Then around 2011 Allen moved out of his and Lizzie's house and went into a nursing home. The house and property was sold and the woman that now owns the property had the trailer removed from the property.

FYI...

There is more activity on the mountain...

I do know for a fact that LE is back on the mountain. I got a tip this morning about some activity up there so hubby and I rode around there this afternoon and all of the No Parking signs and Law Enforcement Only Parking signs were back in place along the edges of the road, and a Porta John has been brought in, along with some 4-wheelers.

I never went into Allen and Lizzie's son's trailer. I can't remember exactly how many years it was there but if I remember correctly, their son got married and lived there for a while with his wife. Their son died in 1999. I'm not sure if he was living there when he died or not. By 1999 I was married and had a daughter. I'll ask one of my other cousins tomorrow and see if she remembers how long the trailer was there and when it was removed. I'll try and get you some more answers.

Just talked to my cousin and here's the story about the trailer...Allen and Lizzie's son lived there with his wife for a short period of time. The son and his wife separated, and they both left the trailer. It was empty for awhile, Allen and Lizzie rented the trailer out 3 or 4 different times to different people. After Lizzie died in 2006, Allen rented it once again for awhile. Then around 2011 Allen moved out of his and Lizzie's house and went into a nursing home. The house and property was sold and the woman that now owns the property had the trailer removed from the property.

Thank you for more info on the trailer. From your own memory and recollection, or that of your cousins, was that trailer there in 1975?

"This case will be resolved. Our mission focus is to bring these children home, if at all possible," said the Bedford County Commonwealth's Attorney Randy Kratz, who spoke at the news conference.

The commonwealth's attorney made a plea for more information from anyone who believes they may know something that could help with the investigation to come forward to not only help police but help the sisters' parents.

Montgomery County police say that they have worked with other law enforcement agencies and that they have come a long way, but that they will not stop until the people responsible for the girls' disappearance are brought to justice.

They are also warning people who may be withholding information to release that information to police.

Bedford County Commonwealth's Attorney Randy Krantz cautioned that the willful obstruction of the investigation is "morally wrong." He also stated that human information is "key to this case."

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/201...-in-md-investigation-moving-forward/21622183/

"This case will be resolved. Our mission focus is to bring these children home, if at all possible," said the Bedford County Commonwealth's Attorney Randy Kratz, who spoke at the news conference.

The commonwealth's attorney made a plea for more information from anyone who believes they may know something that could help with the investigation to come forward to not only help police but help the sisters' parents.

Montgomery County police say that they have worked with other law enforcement agencies and that they have come a long way, but that they will not stop until the people responsible for the girls' disappearance are brought to justice.

They are also warning people who may be withholding information to release that information to police.

Bedford County Commonwealth's Attorney Randy Krantz cautioned that the willful obstruction of the investigation is "morally wrong." He also stated that human information is "key to this case."

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/201...-in-md-investigation-moving-forward/21622183/

Let's hope more good people come forward with information that will not only solve this case, but bring closure to both the Lyon family and the community. Isn't 40 years long enough to wait?

Let's hope more good people come forward with information that will not only solve this case, but bring closure to both the Lyon family and the community. Isn't 40 years long enough to wait?

Totally agree I can't imagine the pain and suffering of the Lyon family over a lifetime. They didn't deserve this to happen to them no family does. How can people allow another human being to suffer like this not knowing what happened to their own flesh and blood? I will never understand. The Lyon family are in my prayers at a particularly difficult time waiting for the dig to conclude.

FYI...

There is more activity on the mountain...

I do know for a fact that LE is back on the mountain. I got a tip this morning about some activity up there so hubby and I rode around there this afternoon and all of the No Parking signs and Law Enforcement Only Parking signs were back in place along the edges of the road, and a Porta John has been brought in, along with some 4-wheelers.

I thought you had said that you are the admin running the FB page for family on Taylor's Mountain? If so, thank you so much for posting about this case and asking people to come forward if they have info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for more info on the trailer. From your own memory and recollection, or that of your cousins, was that trailer there in 1975?

You're very welcome. I don't think that trailer was there in 1975. My cousin says she doesn't think it was there then either. We'll try to find out more and I'll let you know.

I thought you had said that you are the admin running the FB page for family on Taylor's Mountain? If so, thank you so much for posting about this case and asking people to come forward if they have info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, the Taylor's Mountain Descendents Facebook page is my page. I had to say what was on my heart.

is there a side of the mountain called Welch holler or do they have their own grave yard if you know?

You're very welcome. I don't think that trailer was there in 1975. My cousin says she doesn't think it was there then either. We'll try to find out more and I'll let you know.

Yes, if you are able to find out from your friends and neighbors if the trailer was on that property back in the '70's, especially around 1975, I would really like to know. Thank you so much for your insights and contributions here! It makes a difference!

is there a side of the mountain called Welch holler or do they have their own grave yard if you know?

There sure is a Welch Hollow. There are 3 roads that lead up to the mountain...from the left side you have Murray Hollow Road (this is Murray Hollow), the middle road is called Cool Spring Road (this is Welch Hollow), and the road on the right side (which is the one Law Enforcement is using and the only one paved) is called Taylor Mountain Road (this is Overstreet Hollow). I have a map of the 3 Hollows on my Taylor's Mountain page under the Profile Pictures album. The Tilghman Welch Cemetery is on a ridge up in Welch Hollow...I've been looking for it for years but never found it. I have relatives who know where it is but I've been told it's a rough climb up to the ridge to find it.

I hope this is ok to post...here is a link to the map I've been working on for the past few months.
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=ziWSIbu4lCZ4.kOEmfWFzblvQ

Yes, if you are able to find out from your friends and neighbors if the trailer was on that property back in the '70's, especially around 1975, I would really like to know. Thank you so much for your insights and contributions here! It makes a difference!

I tried to see if I could find any information about the trailer on the Bedford GIS site but all I could find was the land information about Allen and Lizzie's house. I can't connect to the actual map. We'll keep trying to see if we can find out anything.

Does anyone know what vehicle Lloyd Welch drove in the 80s? I saw a timeline for him....could he have been in/out of MD between his other locations?

Does anyone know what vehicle Lloyd Welch drove in the 80s? I saw a timeline for him....could he have been in/out of MD between his other locations?

Richard on here could probably answer this best, however LLW, Jr. was known as a drifter and if he did drive, he may have done so without a license and have used a relative or friend's car.

He was caught in Gaithersburg, MD of driving without a license I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77