AZ AZ - Brandy Myers, 13, Phoenix, 26 May 1992

Hearing that Cengiz was IDd after 20 years has given me a fresh burst of hope. Still think about her all the time.

Vask I got a feeling we are closer. They just arrested a dude for an arrest in 1993 up in North Phoenix today. I too wish we could get the answers for Brandy. She deserves them, her family deserves them and heck especially websleuths deserves them!

Vask I got a feeling we are closer. They just arrested a dude for an arrest in 1993 up in North Phoenix today. I too wish we could get the answers for Brandy. She deserves them, her family deserves them and heck especially websleuths deserves them!
Is this it?
http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/phoenix/2015/01/13/phoenix-cold-case-arrest/21732905/

North Mountain Park is right in the neighborhood. Within walking distance from where we lived, the school, Smitty's, all of it. I'm crossing my fingers!

*Sent from an Etch-a-Sketch*

I grew up in the area at the same time. I always thought Brandy and Shannon's cases were related. I also have followed the news of the man just arrested on Tuesday for 1992 and 1993 cold homicides, they were dubbed the "canal Murders." A link to the recent arrest is in a recent post here.
The canal murders involved excessive stabbing and I don't remember if that is consistent with Shannon's case.
When I hear of an arrest and DNA match in two cold cases I have followed for several decades, I always think of the other cold cases I follow and hope for their resolution as well.
Incredible gratitude to the cold case detectives who work days upon weeks upon years to keep these investigations open. Thank you for never giving up.

Az Law,

I think Shannons cause of death was strangulation. I do believe Shannon's and Brandy's case are related.

Az Law,

I think Shannons cause of death was strangulation. I do believe Shannon's and Brandy's case are related.

It certainly doesn't sound anything like BPM's crimes, but I agree that I believe Shannon and Brandy's cases are related. Does anyone know if an unknown DNA profile was found in either of these cases? It seems like so many older cold cases that are solved now involve DNA.

Brandy's body was never found, so afaik there wasn't any dna to collect.

*Sent from an Etch-a-Sketch*

I don't think BPM is involved with Brandy or Shannons. Although he was in extremely close proximity. I have this odd feeling it might be someone else. If you want to message me, I will explain it deals with me personally.

I lived over by where Shannon's body was found at that time it was mostly desert. I wonder if Brandy would be in a more unincorporated area in the more northern area ( areas that come to mind- Wittman, Happy Valley) Just far away enough to say you were going to visit someone. Just close enough to make it home by dinner.

Secondary. I think Brandys mom is out of state, I will go look on Namus if they have a profile of DNA for Brandy.

Update- Brandy does have a sample submitted on NAMUS.

So we all just know.

I think there is a serial killer. Tara, I grew up in the area... in between where Shannon was found and Brandy was missing. Both of these cases are kind of my pet cases. Whenever I look at Brandy I kind of get the eebgeebees. I think he went to jail for awhile, and is either still in or he has preyed again... likely when I was 10-12 when Mikelle Biggs went missing. http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/biggs_mikelle.html Note the middle picture.

Bumping this up for the suspect pics as they may or may not relate the the arrest of Bryan Patrick Miller.

Owutatangledweb.

I think that you may bring up a good point whether I said it or not haha.

I do have a thought about BPM in regards that - with his victims many have bikes.. so did Mikelle.

Bumping this for Brandy. The developments with Kirsten Hatfield made me think of Brandy. And I hope she's found. (both of them for that matter)

Police: 3rd victim may be linked to canal murder suspect

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/phoenix/2015/11/17/police-3rdvictim-may-linked-canal-murder-suspect/75641070/

Phoenix police are investigating links between the city's notorious canal murders and the disappearance of a third girl from her Sunnyslope neighborhood more than 23 years ago.

In September, police submitted first-degree murder charges against Bryan Patrick Miller, the suspect in the canal murders, in the presumed death of Brandy Myers, a 13-year-old girl whose missing-persons case has languished since 1992.

Police declined to release any additional details on how they traced Miller back to Myers. But Miller’s ex-wife, Amy, said he at one point claimed to her that he had killed a girl whose circumstances seemed similar to Myers’.

“He told me some teenage girl, probably in her mid-teens, had come to the door and she was trying to deliver Girl Scout cookies, or something similar to that,” Amy told The Republic in a recent interview. “And he hadn’t even ordered any, but he told her to come inside for a minute. And when she did … (Bryan) attacked and killed her.”

Amy said Miller then offered disturbing details of how he disposed of her body.

brandy was my best friend as a young child. are you able to give a description of your encounter to a detective? it may help bring justice for brandy and all of us @PhiercePhi.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen
Back