Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/15 thru 1/20 Break

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for this most excellent and informative post and all the links to various testimony. This kept me off the streets and out of trouble for about 5 - 6 hours. I cannot wait for this trial to be over. I cannot wait for her to just go away. She has made a laughing stock of the law, our legal system and our Constitution all of which are in a complete shambles and an embarrassment to justice.

Well it is Friday at 5pm any new motions to dismiss? If Nurmi does not subpoena his witnesses would CMJA be able to appeal for ineffective counsel? AZ what do you think?

BBM - I just about spewed a mouthful of margarita on my screen.

I wish it were margarita time here

35mZF1H.jpg

BSK: I'm glad no computers were harmed and no booze was wasted.

Daisydomino: Oh my God. How???!!!

"If she gets death, we ( Jennifer Wilmott and myself ) will be scrutinized. Forever" Kirk Nurmi once said.

He could not care less about Jodi Ann Arias. She has tried to publicly disparage him, and only God knows what privately.

The only thing that matters to him is that he appears as if he left no stone un-turned so that his effort will reflect well on his career.

He knows that Jodi Arias is going to claim ineffective assistance of counsel. She has a PI, Dorion Bond currently out bashing him in interviews. It is inevitable.

This letter she wrote asking him to be removed from her case is hysterical.

http://youtu.be/0ZfQYnoU18U

I of course am no fan of Kirk Nurmi. I rather agree with Mikee http://youtu.be/xi4iqiSngEo

I have only found four defense attorneys that I absolutely couldn't stand during the many years of trial watching. 1) Steve Feldman- David Westerfield. 2) Jose Baez-Casey Anthony and 3) Jennifer Wilmot-Arias 4) Kirk Nurmi-Arias.

I am very aware that defense attorneys are necessary to see to it that the defendant gets a fair trial. But the four I have mentioned IMO are unethical and plays fast and loose with our justice system. Imo, KN is as big of a narcissist as his narcissistic client. That is the reason they butt heads often. They are very much alike because both are control freaks.

To do what KN and JW has done and far as long as they have to Travis continuously shows neither one have any regrets/conscience when pushing the lies that they both have done and imo, they both know they are lies. They both have a tendency of taking way too long going over the same thing over and over again. I think if it really bothered either one of them they wouldn't dwell on it for so long with each witness...especially their own witnesses but KN seems to be consumed by the sex subjects.

One other thing I find odd is KN and JW knows the evidence in this case and they both know Arias is a (PROVEN) pathological liar so I don't understand how they can ethically put her on the stand knowing everything is going to be a lie.

I have seen many 'victim bashing' trials before but never to this extent. But in many other cases the Judge would admonish the defense attorneys and were very strict making the bashing very limited. Not so in this case. This has really been about putting Travis on trial and it has consumed this case. KN seems to relish in crushing Travis in the ground. I don't agree with some who think he is doing this just because Arias has told him to do so. In fact I find him a little 'weird' that he seems to enjoy the sexual aspect of this case a little too much. Imo. It also makes me wonder what kind of man would pick a field where his expertise is in defending pedophiles, other sexual deviants and rapists.

That is why much of this case and drama has revolved about KN and why he is glued to twitter and other social media. He wants to make this case about him. He wants to be a star yet he is one of the most boring attorneys I have even seen or listened to and usually defense attorneys are much more dramatic than Prosecutors yet in this case Juan is the one who is passionate with a fire in his belly and is totally mesmerizing.

Arias will never get the case overturned because of ineffective assistance of counsel and you are right that is what she is planning on complaining about. But that threshold is extremely high. I even read about a case where a defendant used that reason in their appeal because their attorney slept through most of the trial. The higher court upheld the case citing that even though he may have slept during the trial the records showed that when he was awake ):D) he provided effective counsel.

I do believe that is why KN has filed all of these ridiculous motions but I sincerely wish JSS had been like the other Judge mentioned today. I wish she would have told KN from the outset to move along and all that could be appealed later. It sure would have saved an exorbitant amount of time and money.

KN is on my list at #1 now for the worst attorney ever. Of course as more cases come along that could change but for now he wears the crown.:)

IMO

Well it is Friday at 5pm any new motions to dismiss? If Nurmi does not subpoena his witnesses would CMJA be able to appeal for ineffective counsel? AZ what do you think?

I really thought that Nurmi was going to file a new motion today. I cannot believe he had nothing to complain about when Flores testified and Juan crossed. I m glad that he didn't though. I hope this becomes a trend.

My list of despicable defense attorneys would have Cheney Mason at the top followed by Baez, Wilmott, and then Nurmi. Yep, I find Wilmott even more disgusting than Nurmi, primarily because sometimes I believe Nurmi just does not know how to behave like a human being, but Wilmott does know and thus has less of an excuse for her bad behavior.

Dr. DeMarte huge fan Mikee Daniels explains in funny way how refreshing she is

http://youtu.be/kmmF2Ry-xDw

Thanks.

Do you think we will ever know what went on behind closed doors concerning ALV?

I always felt it was something huge that Juan had caught her lying about.

Even something serious enough that he told her she could be charged with perjury.

AZlawyer:

Do you think that will ever be unsealed after the trial is over? tia

I don't get why him having child *advertiser censored* even on his computer would make one bit of difference in the task they have before them. SHE IS GUILTY and they must accept that. So if he DID have child *advertiser censored* on his computer she should only get life? I do not understand that at all.

AzLawyer has provided the rationale behind this thinking a few times. Take a look at her past posts. It's not necessarily a rational reason, but it's the one the defense team appears to be trying to make.

Before the first trial started, Dr. DeMarte's house was broken into and her laptop, which had case info on it, was stolen. Do people think this was just a random burglary? It seems like it must have been random, but it also seems like it can't have been random. Too big of a coincidence.

Before the first trial started, Dr. DeMarte's house was broken into and her laptop, which had case info on it, was stolen. Do people think this was just a random burglary? It seems like it must have been random, but it also seems like it can't have been random. Too big of a coincidence.

Was it ever made public if anything else was stolen and if so, what?

I really thought that Nurmi was going to file a new motion today. I cannot believe he had nothing to complain about when Flores testified and Juan crossed. I m glad that he didn't though. I hope this becomes a trend.

Nah, Never do anything on Friday that you can put off until first thing Monday or in this case....Tuesday morning.

I just read the 13th Juror summary about trial day 23 and the June 1, 2008 date stood out to me. As I recall that is the date Jodi claimed to have cut her finger on the margarita glass at work. In regards to the computer searches & June 1, 2008 that is being discussed in court recently, I am confused. The 13th Juror implies that jurors will want to know who was on the computer on this day. Does anyone remember anything of significance with this June 1, 2008 date?

IIRC, per Sue's testimony June 1, 2008 was the day a *advertiser censored* site was accessed on the computer.

BBM - Well the following bits from the 13th Juror is exactly why I want to know if remote access was a possibility. JA was still in the beginning stages of her plans to stop TA from whatever it was he was going to reveal about her, perhaps she was able to, or had one of her "supporters", access his pc, keeping in mind that malware is not the same thing as a virus and can mimic human actions/keystrokes, it can even allow a remote user to type things on your location bar.
---------------------------------------------------
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keystroke_logging
" Remote access software keyloggers

These are local software keyloggers with an added feature that allows access to the locally recorded data from a remote location. Remote communication may be achieved using one of these methods:

Data is uploaded to a website, database or an FTP server.
Data is periodically emailed to a pre-defined email address.
Data is wirelessly transmitted by means of an attached hardware system.
The software enables a remote login to the local machine from the Internet or the local network, for data logs stored on the target machine to be accessed.

Most of these aren't stopped by HTTPS encryption because that only protects data in transit between computers; this is a threat in your own computer - the one connected to the keyboard.
"
------------------------------------------------------
https://www.facebook.com/JuanMartinezProsecutorSupportPage/posts/340746676118915

"“On a search bar, how do you know if someone searched an actual topic?” the Judge asked as she
read the Juror question.

“There is a registry history. In that registry, terms are searched by a human and they are not automated searches.”
“Do things attach to other files from spam and viruses?” the question asked.
“Yes,” he answered. “We call it ‘hooking’ and they can modify files. It is usually for advertising reasons.”
“Is there evidence of a virus that had to be removed?”
“Yes, there were a variety of them including “Z-Lob” and a handful of others.”
“Can malware hijack a system to get *advertiser censored*?”
“Yes,” he answered without explanation.
"

"Kirk Nurmi’s questions were directed at the computer. He was wanted attention toward June 1, 2008, the day he alleged Travis Alexander was searching for *advertiser censored*. “So, if we look at the browser history, we can assume that a virus did not use the browser?” he asked.

“The browser is separate from a virus,” John Smith answered.

Kirk Nurmi stood in his Sherlock Holmes pose acting as if he was framing a question very carefully. “So,” he said with a pause, “we can see a list of sites in the browser. Let’s take “Babies *advertiser censored* Magazine”. It’s in the browser. Did a virus look for that?”

“No, definitely not,” John Smith said. “These were searched for by a human and could not have come from a virus even if the virus had hijacked *advertiser censored*.”

“What about these cleaner programs?” Nurmi asked. “Could they put this in the browser?”

“Spy Block or any program like that cannot put things or items in a browser. These search terms were undoubtedly from human interaction,” John Smith stated.
"

"Juan then brought the questioning back to June 1, 2008, days before Travis Alexander was murdered. The laptop was in his office that he allowed anyone in the household to access. He did not believe in making boundaries in his own home. He was known for leaving his doors unlocked.

“The computer was in his office, wasn’t it?” Juan asked Flores.

“Yes.”

“The defendant would have had access to it?”

“Yes,” Flores responded.

“Travis Alexander never kept the door locked, did he?”

“Not that I know of,” Flores answered.

“His house was available to everyone because he liked it that way, didn’t he?”

“There was no indication his office was locked, was there?” Juan asked, stopping.

“No.”

“The defendant had access to it as well, didn’t she?” Juan reiterated.

“Yes,” Flores said.
"

JW - "She grasped the edges of the podium. “There’s another issue I would like to discuss. You know that Jodi Arias was nowhere near Mesa on June 1, 2008, don’t you?” she asked accusingly.

“Yes,” Flores answered.

“She was not in Mesa, Arizona. She was in Yreka, California. Right?”

“Yes,” Detective Flores answered.
"
----------------------------------------------------------------------

If this wasn't such a serious despicable matter, I'd laugh at the “Babies *advertiser censored* Magazine” example, who else but a photographer would be interested in making money from selling pics of naked babies?

Thank you for this most excellent and informative post and all the links to various testimony. This kept me off the streets and out of trouble for about 5 - 6 hours. I cannot wait for this trial to be over. I cannot wait for her to just go away. She has made a laughing stock of the law, our legal system and our Constitution all of which are in a complete shambles and an embarrassment to justice.

Respectfully, I disagree. Arias hasn't accomplished any of that. She & her team have tried their best to get their way, but no, the laws haven't changed, the system hasn't changed, and the U.S. and State of Arizona Constitutions have also not been altered, not one bit. The only thing that is different is the conduct that was attempted and permitted in this trial and something that when challenged and went before the CoA, was slapped down, reaffirming the laws. This trial is not like any other trial and to say the entire system has changed because of it, is simply not true.

Poor Jen, this is a pic of her when she realized she had just objected to her own evidence... the tape of Zach Billings. One of the best funnies of the entire day. My anniversary was the 14th, and it was great!!!!

My first thought was, that startled look looks familiar... 5:27:18

Attachments

• TAsurprised.jpg
    TAsurprised.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 300

He'll wait until trial is ready to start Tuesday and want to delay the start of testimony to argue it.

Very happy to read a very detailed order. Will it stop the defense? not a chance. I was surprised that they had already taken something to the COA. I didn't remember that happening. To ME, and this is JMO, MOST of the motion requests are very childish and have no legal basis. Why would the court care if she is getting mistreated at the jail? That is not within the courts power to regulate. And putting in that the prosecutor said mean things to Wilmott at the BENCH! Did it hurt your little feelings? But you could care less that you are accusing the prosecutor of serious injustice that is unwarranted, for the sake of a lying murdering client? Their inexperience shows like a bright light. It's like they sit around brainstorming and then go " I KNOW! we should do THIS" and they seem to be only concerned with "winning" and beating the prosecutor and their own reputations, rather than trying to get their client life instead of death. I would be really shocked if she has any appeals issues that will stand because of the wide latitude this judge has regarding what happens in this phase.

Or maybe Jodi is stilling pulling their strings, she is the "Manipulation Master ' jmo

L
BBM - Well the following bits from the 13th Juror is exactly why I want to know if remote access was a possibility. JA was still in the beginning stages of her plans to stop TA from whatever it was he was going to reveal about her, perhaps she was able to, or had one of her "supporters", access his pc, keeping in mind that malware is not the same thing as a virus and can mimic human actions/keystrokes, it can even allow a remote user to type things on your location bar.

These are local software keyloggers with an added feature that allows access to the locally recorded data from a remote location. Remote communication may be achieved using one of these methods:

The software enables a remote login to the local machine from the Internet or the local network, for data logs stored on the target machine to be accessed.

Most of these aren't stopped by HTTPS encryption because that only protects data in transit between computers; this is a threat in your own computer - the one connected to the keyboard.
"
https://www.facebook.com/JuanMartinezProsecutorSupportPage/posts/340746676118915

"“On a search bar, how do you know if someone searched an actual topic?” the Judge asked as she
read the Juror question.

“There is a registry history. In that registry, terms are searched by a human and they are not automated searches.”
“Yes,” he answered. “We call it ‘hooking’ and they can modify files. It is usually for advertising reasons.”
"

"Kirk Nurmi’s questions were directed at the computer. He was wanted attention toward June 1, 2008, the day he alleged Travis Alexander was searching for *advertiser censored*. “So, if we look at the browser history, we can assume that a virus did not use the browser?” he asked.

Kirk Nurmi stood in his Sherlock Holmes pose acting as if he was framing a question very carefully. “So,” he said with a pause, “we can see a list of sites in the browser. Let’s take “Babies *advertiser censored* Magazine”. It’s in the browser. Did a virus look for that?”

“No, definitely not,” John Smith said. “These were searched for by a human and could not have come from a virus even if the virus had hijacked *advertiser censored*.”

“What about these cleaner programs?” Nurmi asked. “Could they put this in the browser?”

“Spy Block or any program like that cannot put things or items in a browser. These search terms were undoubtedly from human interaction,” John Smith stated.
"

"Juan then brought the questioning back to June 1, 2008, days before Travis Alexander was murdered. The laptop was in his office that he allowed anyone in the household to access. He did not believe in making boundaries in his own home. He was known for leaving his doors unlocked.

“Yes.”

“Yes,” Flores responded.

“There was no indication his office was locked, was there?” Juan asked, stopping.

“No.”

“Yes,” Flores said.
"

JW - "She grasped the edges of the podium. “There’s another issue I would like to discuss. You know that Jodi Arias was nowhere near Mesa on June 1, 2008, don’t you?” she asked accusingly.

“Yes,” Flores answered.

"

If this wasn't such a serious despicable matter, I'd laugh at the “Babies *advertiser censored* Magazine” example, who else but a photographer would be interested in making money from selling pics of naked babies?

I asked if remote entry into the computer was possible a long time ago as I know it is possible even if this guy saids no. Things are to hinky with this defense...FJA representing herself and all kinds of things happen, The doctors house broken into and lap top stolen ...I can go on. I still think it happened...JMO

I hope some of this can be cleared up some day. I don't trust the defense at all.

"

read the Juror question.

"

"

“Yes.”

“Yes,” Flores responded.

“No.”

“Yes,” Flores said.
"

“Yes,” Flores answered.

"

I have always thought she had the keystroke software and/or the software that enables someone to forward copies of another person's emails without them knowing it.

BBM

And which one is it, she put those pics on the CD from her external drive or that drive was inaccessible and she hadn't been able to afford to get it fixed so she could get the pcis off of it?

Hmm Jodi said three cd's - strange isn't it that there are accusations of someone inserting three different usb in his laptop and viewed? photos, then deleted them in July 19,2009.

I bet Jodi had downloaded *advertiser censored* on his laptop with three different devices at different times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa