GUILTY France - Machine Gun attack on magazine Charlie Hebdo, 2015 *Appeal Trial 2022* #2

Also not to mention that most Iranians adhere to a different strain of Islam than most radicalists do anyway... Might as well compare Catholics to Amish... :rolleyes:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mmmmm ..go further, sweets.

No, it has to differ with what you truly believe, whether you can read the Qu'ran in the original Arabic or not, what is meant. I will never give up my right to freedom of speech. No matter, sha.

Mmmmm ..go further, sweets.

No, it has to differ with what you truly believe, whether you can read the Qu'ran in the original Arabic or not, what is meant. I will never give up my right to freedom of speech. No matter, sha.

I'm not sure what you mean here. Perhaps a more apt analogy would be to compare catholic to Protestant.

My main point was, though, if we are going to root through the bloodlines of American politicians as the original poster I was replying to seems to want to do, we should 1) be sure we get out facts straight about the person's actual lineage (Jarrett is not actually of Iranian descent, but rather was born to American parents working as doctors in Iran) and 2) we should at least understand the different factions involved lest we make an inaccurate conclusion about what that background means (as the Iranian populace is, by and large, of a different faction than the currently active terrorist groups under discussion).

Would be best, perhaps, if we didn't go rooting through people's bloodlines in search of some supposedly nefarious association in the first place.

Hi all

So everyone in Paris is having a right giggle about the Fow news's blunder no go zone thing and the trend on Facebook is to show what you did last night in a no go zone lol and I found this on one of my favourite foodie sites: http://parisbymouth.com/paris-to-fox-news-eat-me/

alos: http://edition.cnn.com/videos/tv/2015/01/21/natpkg-look-at-paris-no-go-zones.cnn
http://www.programme-tv.net/news/buzz/61833-no-go-zones-paris-fox-news-choquee-hidalgo/

Uh oh, even an Amrerican restaurant in one of those no-go zones :giggle:

Uh oh, even an Amrerican restaurant in one of those no-go zones :giggle:

Perhaps they went to a wrong no-go zone?
These areas are not literally restricted, but like slums where its not safe.
Poor immigrant areas, gangs, criminality. Population somewhat isolated & marginalized and of course radicals take advantage of it, to spread their propaganda & recruit jihadists.

Even very pro-immigration people admit they prefer immigrants not living in their immediate neighborhood.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Perhaps they went to a wrong no-go zone?
These areas are not literally restricted, but like slums where its not safe.
Poor immigrant areas, gangs, criminality. Population somewhat isolated & marginalized and of course radicals take advantage of it, to spread their propaganda & recruit jihadists.

Even very pro-immigration people admit they prefer immigrants not living in their immediate neighborhood.

The shock and now the amusement of Parisians and my American and anglo friends in Paris is that the statements and the map of no-go zones were utterly and wildly false and the network has since admitted and apologised. There is no place even remotely like that within the walls of Paris and they had a map of multiple areas in Paris itself, not the suburbs, in the heart of which we all live in ourselves and hang out and work in daily.

There are difficult suburbs this is definitely true, and particularly intense housing projects within these suburbs.

The piece I linked to above states:
"Those are only a few examples of the hundreds of ways the report Fox News and its “experts” have been giving on the situation has been false and misleading. And they’re not restricted to these few neighborhoods. All around the city, those “ghettos” Nolan Peterson quickly generalizes into lawless slums, those towns of Pantin, Montreuil, Montrouge, Les Lilas, Ivry, Saint-Ouen, Clichy, Asnières and others, are nothing like the depiction made of them in these alarming and fear-mongering segments. Of course, parts of those areas face high unemployment, violence and crime, and yes, those areas are inhabited by a large number of the Muslim population of Paris and its region. Of course this situation is what made easy for Islamist radicals to recruit and brainwash the Kouachi Brothers and Amedy Coulibaly into committing these atrocities. But saying these parts are abandoned to the laws of Sharia and the Islamists is as stupid and ignorant as saying that half of Baltimore has been abandoned to drug dealers and gang members."

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/23/w...-leads-to-changes-in-french-schools.html?_r=0

The measures were devised to counter rampant “conspiracy theories” at French schools, the education minister, Najat Vallaud-Belkacem, said at a news conference on Thursday. She said the issues had become apparent when some students refused to observe a moment of silence in schools after the attacks, which left 17 people dead.
French schools already have a secular “code of conduct,” but about 1,000 teachers and staff members would be trained on questions of “laïcité,” France’s secular identity, codified under a century-old law on the separation of church and state. She promised that a day devoted to secular laws would be celebrated once a year in every school.
Ms. Vallaud-Belkacem also said that, starting in September, a new program of “moral and civic training” for students would include lessons on how to fight racism, anti-Semitism and “any form of discrimination.”
The government’s objective, she said, is to “re-establish” the authority of teachers, many of whom said they were shocked and uncertain about how to react following about 200 incidents in French schools after the attacks. Some of the acts involved “glorifying terrorism,” Ms. Vallaud-Belkacem told the National Assembly in a speech earlier this month.

The shock and now the amusement of Parisians and my American and anglo friends in Paris is that the statements and the map of no-go zones were utterly and wildly false and the network has since admitted and apologised. There is no place even remotely like that within the walls of Paris and they had a map of multiple areas in Paris itself, not the suburbs, in the heart of which we all live in ourselves and hang out and work in daily.

There are difficult suburbs this is definitely true, and particularly intense housing projects within these suburbs.

The piece I linked to above states:
"Those are only a few examples of the hundreds of ways the report Fox News and its “experts” have been giving on the situation has been false and misleading. And they’re not restricted to these few neighborhoods. All around the city, those “ghettos” Nolan Peterson quickly generalizes into lawless slums, those towns of Pantin, Montreuil, Montrouge, Les Lilas, Ivry, Saint-Ouen, Clichy, Asnières and others, are nothing like the depiction made of them in these alarming and fear-mongering segments. Of course, parts of those areas face high unemployment, violence and crime, and yes, those areas are inhabited by a large number of the Muslim population of Paris and its region. Of course this situation is what made easy for Islamist radicals to recruit and brainwash the Kouachi Brothers and Amedy Coulibaly into committing these atrocities. But saying these parts are abandoned to the laws of Sharia and the Islamists is as stupid and ignorant as saying that half of Baltimore has been abandoned to drug dealers and gang members."

Yes. Terrible reporting indeed.

Hi all

So everyone in Paris is having a right giggle about the Fow news's blunder no go zone thing and the trend on Facebook is to show what you did last night in a no go zone lol and I found this on one of my favourite foodie sites: http://parisbymouth.com/paris-to-fox-news-eat-me/

alos: http://edition.cnn.com/videos/tv/2015/01/21/natpkg-look-at-paris-no-go-zones.cnn
http://www.programme-tv.net/news/buzz/61833-no-go-zones-paris-fox-news-choquee-hidalgo/

I thought the guy immediately said he was wrong and apologized?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/23/w...-leads-to-changes-in-french-schools.html?_r=0

The measures were devised to counter rampant “conspiracy theories” at French schools, the education minister, Najat Vallaud-Belkacem, said at a news conference on Thursday. She said the issues had become apparent when some students refused to observe a moment of silence in schools after the attacks, which left 17 people dead.
French schools already have a secular “code of conduct,” but about 1,000 teachers and staff members would be trained on questions of “laïcité,” France’s secular identity, codified under a century-old law on the separation of church and state. She promised that a day devoted to secular laws would be celebrated once a year in every school.
Ms. Vallaud-Belkacem also said that, starting in September, a new program of “moral and civic training” for students would include lessons on how to fight racism, anti-Semitism and “any form of discrimination.”
The government’s objective, she said, is to “re-establish” the authority of teachers, many of whom said they were shocked and uncertain about how to react following about 200 incidents in French schools after the attacks. Some of the acts involved “glorifying terrorism,” Ms. Vallaud-Belkacem told the National Assembly in a speech earlier this month.

Also from your link:

Eric Bettancourt, who teaches at the Fernand Lindet school in Clichy-sous-Bois, a heavily immigrant suburb, told the public channel France 2 recently that three quarters of his students had refused to observe the moment of silence.

“The first shocking words I heard were that the murders were justified,” Mr. Bettancourt said. “They considered that it was forbidden to make blasphemies or insult the prophet through drawings or speech.”

Ms. Vallaud-Belkacem said that this type of incivility would be sanctioned. “Any behavior which will question the values of the republic and the authority” of the teacher, she said, “will be systematically signaled to the school principal” and followed by an “educational dialogue with parents.”

This is just classic. What a joke. Wherever that school is should be considered a no go zone IMO

Mea culpa.. Tired post-surgery response, incorrectly understood by me.

I'm sure I'd get far if I walked around Abu Dhabi in a T-shirt that said 'Je suis Christian, I love Jesus' maybe they ISIS could come over to Cajun country & try recruiting at a fais do-do. Oops, dancing, pork & sausage jambalaya, cracklings, & Abita beer. Lots of Catholics. Lots of laughing & music. Hmmmm, against something, that is.

I just saw this post. Any old country catholic "do" inevitably involves alcohol and dancing and music. You cannot help but have a good time. This would be an excellent prescription for differences! Like Belloc's little rhyme:

Wherever the Catholic sun doth shine,
There’s always laughter and good red wine.
At least I’ve always found it so.
Benedicamus Domino!

I have partied with Muslims, Jews of the same mindset. Good food, good company, good drink. We regular folks (not the bishops, not the imams, not the politicians, just lay folks living their lives) are more alike than diff.

Maybe we should have more parties together :). I have been invited to Eid celebrations and it's just as wonderful as thanksgiving, Easter, etc.

I just saw this post. Any old country catholic "do" inevitably involves alcohol and dancing and music. You cannot help but have a good time. This would be an excellent prescription for differences! Like Belloc's little rhyme:

Wherever the Catholic sun doth shine,
There’s always laughter and good red wine.
At least I’ve always found it so.
Benedicamus Domino!

I have partied with Muslims, Jews of the same mindset. Good food, good company, good drink. We regular folks (not the bishops, not the imams, not the politicians, just lay folks living their lives) are more alike than diff.

Maybe we should have more parties together :). I have been invited to Eid celebrations and it's just as wonderful as thanksgiving, Easter, etc.

BBM

So have I and some great parties they were. My kids went to school with 2 very lovely Muslim families. We celebrated at many events over the years.

The thing is, a Muslim that would agree to have a drink with you is not the problem. It is the fundamentalist or extreme Islamist that we have to figure out how to deal with.

BBM

So have I and some great parties they were. My kids went to school with 2 very lovely Muslim families. We celebrated at many events over the years.

The thing is, a Muslim that would agree to have a drink with you is not the problem. It is the fundamentalist or extreme Islamist that we have to figure out how to deal with.

I totally agree with you. Where I think I differ is that some people seem to think most or a significant number of muslims are the extremists. I have yet to meet an extremist, even living more than once in heavily Muslim areas. Even among conservative muslims who cover or refrain from drinking there's not one I'd call extremist - merely trad or conservative. In fact I know Catholics who are more "extreme" than even the most conservative Muslims I've met. The Latin mass only, homeschooling, no marrying outside the faith, girls at home till they're 25, etc types. For them you would think it was still the 16th century and the reformation was In full swing. A very weird subculture lol.

I totally agree with you. Where I think I differ is that some people seem to think most or a significant number of muslims are the extremists. I have yet to meet an extremist, even living more than once in heavily Muslim areas. Even among conservative muslims who cover or refrain from drinking there's not one I'd call extremist - merely trad or conservative. In fact I know Catholics who are more "extreme" than even the most conservative Muslims I've met. The Latin mass only, homeschooling, no marrying outside the faith, girls at home till they're 25, etc types. For them you would think it was still the 16th century and the reformation was In full swing. A very weird subculture lol.

I think that probably only 1 or 2% are extremists. But that still comes out to 15 to 30 million Jihadists lurking about.

Curious if the locals in Paris know or have heard about areas that are considered to be these no go zones/areas? Are there areas that are dangerous to go into alone/by oneself. TIA

Curious if the locals in Paris know or have heard about areas that are considered to be these no go zones/areas? Are there areas that are dangerous to go into alone/by oneself. TIA
There are areas that are dangerous to go into alone, just waiting for someone to come along from the Marie de Paris to say that it's not true !

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back