GA GA - Atlanta, WhtMale 20-30, 178UMGA, hit by car on I-75, Virgo tattoo, Jul'95 - Steven Shelton

Could the dragon tat be a reference to the band Kraken? Kraken was another word for sea monster. Another thing I noticed, looking at the tat, there is definitely what looks like a rope noose in the middle of the dragon. Right beside the noose and following the same loop, is what appears to be a leopard-print spotted snake, almost like the dragon overlays the snake and noose.

Link to info about the band Kraken: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kraken_(band)

I think you're right about the grim reaper. I printed out the photo and put it on a light box, which highlighted the lines that were thicker and thinner. I traced over the ones that seemed to belong to the old photo underneath and it definitely looks like Death with a scythe and a skull face.

The other interesting thing I noticed is that down by the dragon's tail there's a series of whitish marks (circled with an arrow pointing at them). I questioned earlier whether he had a scar there that wasn't mentioned, but it appears like it could be lettering that was tattooed over to match his skin. Can't begin to make it out though.

Attachments

• dragon tattoo.jpg
    dragon tattoo.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 218
carbuff that's awesome, exactly what i thought i saw. Praying he get's his name back soon.

Are you all sure that it is a V? To me it could be a sort of slanted L...although I am probably way of the mark.
However, if it is a slanted "L"...then maybe the word is Lirgon or Ligron..which is a place in France and also a surname.

Looking at that Virgo tattoo again, it is really weird the way the I and R is written..like it's covering up something

It could also be a Mexican/Spanish slang word "Vago" which means a lazy person who does nothing all day and doesn't work?

I don't think the Virgo tat is covering anything. I think its just a horribly done homemade one. Perhaps using the old needle, thread, and ink method rather than a gun.

*Sent from an Etch-a-Sketch*

Looking at the "Virgo " tat, it looks like the "ir" was originally a capital "H". That overreach of the "r" just looks weird. I also think the V was another letter originally, and the best someone could do with the original letters was change it into Virgo. All MOO. Going back to staring at the tat.

It may have been written in cursive originally. The first letter could have been a W.

I think you're right about the grim reaper. I printed out the photo and put it on a light box, which highlighted the lines that were thicker and thinner. I traced over the ones that seemed to belong to the old photo underneath and it definitely looks like Death with a scythe and a skull face.

The other interesting thing I noticed is that down by the dragon's tail there's a series of whitish marks (circled with an arrow pointing at them). I questioned earlier whether he had a scar there that wasn't mentioned, but it appears like it could be lettering that was tattooed over to match his skin. Can't begin to make it out though.

There are White Ink tattoos but I don't know how long they have been around.

EDIT: I wonder if he was trying to cover up old gang tattoos.

There are White Ink tattoos but I don't know how long they have been around.

EDIT: I wonder if he was trying to cover up old gang tattoos.

Maybe, but from what I can make out, that's a pretty ordinary Grim Reaper. Unless the text said something.

"A globe surrounded by letters on the left forearm. According to the autopsy report the letters were 'Illegible and not English". We don't have a picture of this tattoo. Does the lettering on the forearm look like the markings on his stomach?

Check the NamUs listing for this case. The photos posted are the only ones available. As for the "whitish marks", consider the surgical placement of tubes and drains in the decedent's abdomen while a hospital inpatient for a year.

Check the NamUs listing for this case. The photos posted are the only ones available. As for the "whitish marks", consider the surgical placement of tubes and drains in the decedent's abdomen while a hospital inpatient for a year.

We know Namus doesn't have all the photos because Doenetwork has two photos that Namus doesn't have.

It's possible the scars are something from his treatment, but they don't really look like that kind of scar. They seem to be quite superficial.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back