Identified! MD - Woodlawn, WhtFem 279UFMD, 15-25, near cemetery, 'JP' Tattoo, Sep'76 - Margaret Fetterolf

It's not as prominent, and they've concealed it with the way her hair is combed. So in that sense it's not good, but on the other hand, widow's peaks were out of style in the late 70's and it's quite possible she would have tried to conceal it, so that people around her might not have noticed.

I have often wondered why they don't make several alternate views of what an unidentified person might have looked like. Hair style and color make so much difference in recognizing a person.

I just realized something. September 11, 1976, the day before her body was found, was the third anniversary of the Chilean coup. There would have been protests in major cities by dissidents in exile. Maybe this woman was spotted at one of them and snatched by secret police. It was dangerous to speak out against Pinochet. Just ten days later, his henchmen car-bombed one of his most outspoken rivals (Orlando Letelier) in Washington, D.C. Who knows how many lesser known activists were also assassinated in the United States.

Many of the few known details would tie in. The knots, tied with military precision. The hoods. The "dry submarine" method of suffocation with a sack. Finally, the recently released detail of tranquilizer. All textbook death-squad treatment. The crude tattoo and apparent safe-house key suggest a militant on the run to me. Many politically motived exiles had contacts in Washington. But the body could have been driven in from more distant cities.

I haven't ruled out Monica Mignone, the Argentine desaparecido yet, but the likenesses aren't that great. But it could have been another one of thousands of Latin American leftists in exile, which would explain why this case has gone unsolved for so long.

It's not as prominent, and they've concealed it with the way her hair is combed. So in that sense it's not good, but on the other hand, widow's peaks were out of style in the late 70's and it's quite possible she would have tried to conceal it, so that people around her might not have noticed.

I have often wondered why they don't make several alternate views of what an unidentified person might have looked like. Hair style and color make so much difference in recognizing a person.

i agree 100%... color and style can totally change appearance. very few people know i have a widows peak because i hate it and wear my hair in such a way to hide it. it wouldn't be part of my MP description at all. if our girl was a run away or kidnapped, she could have had a cut that concealed the peak before that point when she had money/control but her bangs may have grown out once she left her regular life? Based on her coloring, I don't think she dyed her hair too drastically if she ever did, but any shift in shade could alter someone's perception of her appearance.

I know what you mean about the widows peak, I have worn bangs all my life to cover it.

So apparently, much thanks to the Serial Podcast, there was a "Woodlawn Strangler"??? I wonder if our JD was one of his victims...

According to this article in the Waltham Patch, she had high levels of a drug used to treat schizophrenia and used as a tranquilizer in her blood. Is it possible she was at one point a resident of Metropolitan State Hospital in Waltham? It was an infamous mental hospital known for covering up a lot of abuses including at least one murder.

The article also contains the much sot after pictures of her necklace and other objects including keys traced to a key maker in Fitchburg.

http://patch.com/massachusetts/waltham/unidentified-murder-victim-1976-may-have-massachusetts-ties-0

According to this article in the Waltham Patch, she had high levels of a drug used to treat schizophrenia and used as a tranquilizer in her blood. Is it possible she was at one point a resident of Metropolitan State Hospital in Waltham? It was an infamous mental hospital known for covering up a lot of abuses including at least one murder.

The article also contains the much sot after pictures of her necklace and other objects including keys traced to a key maker in Fitchburg.

http://patch.com/massachusetts/waltham/unidentified-murder-victim-1976-may-have-massachusetts-ties-0

I wonder if perhaps the schizophrenia drugs were prescribed to the perp, and he administered them to his victim to sedate her.

Darn, I looked and forgetting the year, I thought this screamed Audrey Lyn Nerenberg. If all the dates on this Jane Doe are correct and Audrey's disappearance corresponds with major historical event, so I guess it can't be her.

But the thorazine overdose caught my eye.

You know, given the ties to the Boston area and the thorazine overdose, I wonder if she or the perp were somehow tied to McLean hospital.

Also, the bag from the farm bureau was said to only be sold in five locations, however, I wonder if it was also sold at the Big E. If that's the case, it could have easily been acquired by anyone in New England.

(For those who don't know, the Big E, also know as the Eastern States Exposition, is to state fairs what the New England Patriots are to football. It's a collective state fair for the 6 New England States. It has always had a HUGE agricultural aspect and draws people from all 6 New England States as well as New York and likely further afield.) It is entirely possible that the farm association who made the bag could have had a booth or table at the big E.)

Chlorpromazine (Thorazine) has also been used in the past as a horse tranquilizer with barrel racers,etc. This information along with the feed bag hood suggests a rural livestock connection.

Chlorpromazine (Thorazine) has also been used in the past as a horse tranquilizer with barrel racers,etc. This information along with the feed bag hood suggests a rural livestock connection.

The hood was a grass seed bag, not a feed bag.

A new article on this case....

http://www.metro.us/boston/maryland-murder-cold-case-may-have-massachusetts-ties/zsJoeA---xzkNRp1IYKm5E/

Maryland murder cold case may have Massachusetts ties

New evidence in a cold case may lead authorities to a clue suggesting that a Jane Doe murder victim found in Maryland in 1976 may have been in Boston prior to her death.

Last year, National Center for Missing and Exploited Children featured a young woman recovered in Lorraine Park Cemetery in Baltimore County, MD. Baltimore County Police identified pollen native to Northeastern urban areas, specifically Boston and New York City.

It sounds like they're close to identifying her. I really hope this beautiful girl gets her name back soon.

It sounds like they're close to identifying her. I really hope this beautiful girl gets her name back soon.

They have the article circulating where they think she is from; hoping locals will recognize her to give a tip on who she is

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back