Victim - Melissa Barthelemy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any ideas about why the killer would stop calling Amanda after 6 weeks but continue to call her pimp for 8 months?

The killer always phoned in the evenings, spoke briefly and in a low voice — and only to Amanda. He calmly spewed taunts and allegations. He sent text messages.

“He wouldn’t talk to anybody but her,” said Lynn Barthelemy, who documented the barrage in a journal she gave police.

Cops began to triangulate the phone, pinpointing the caller’s location to Times Square, Madison Square Garden and Massapequa, a short drive from Gilgo Beach.

The calls abruptly stopped in August 2009 after a Buffalo TV station revealed their existence.

http://nypost.com/2011/04/10/sick-c...clue-in-search-for-long-island-serial-killer/

How would the killer know about Buffalo news reports?

Not TV in NYC. A man called Lynn and said he was NYPD. He asked her if she filed a missing persons report?. Im sure she said yes. This might account for why he stopped calling.
Was the killer impersonating NYPD?

I can't remember exactly but didn't he call Megans mom as well? Tried to get into Marueens voice mail. And obviously called Melissas sister. The only phone he didn't tamper with was Amber who didn't have a phone.

I can't remember exactly but didn't he call Megans mom as well? Tried to get into Marueens voice mail. And obviously called Melissas sister. The only phone he didn't tamper with was Amber who didn't have a phone.
The killers behavior suggest he has sadistic and rage issues. These traits must show up in his everyday life.

He called MW mom at her work place. Once again he said he was NYPD. He wanted her cell phone number. She said she was not at work that day. A co- worker intercepted the call. NYPD was never on her daughters case. She disappered on LI. She reported this to SCPD. She was told to be careful. IMO I think the killer has a history of calling people and harassing them when hes mad at them.

The killers behavior suggest he has sadist and rage issues. These traits must show up in his everyday life.

He called MW mom at her work place. Once again he said he was NYPD. He wanted her cell phone number. She said she was not at work that day. A co- worker intercepted the call. NYPD was never on her daughters case. She disappered on LI. She reported this to SCPD. She was told to be careful. IMO I think the killer has a history of calling people and harassing them when hes mad at them.
I think its weird he would know where she worked. With Melissa it makes sense using her phone and all.
But how would he know where she worked and not her cell number if he had Megans phone. An easy google surch and he could have her work number. So maybe he seen where she worked from facebook?
Idk to me this is why I think he stocks his victims before and relives his thrill by calling the family.

I think its weird he would know where she worked. With Melissa it makes sense using her phone and all.
But how would he know where she worked and not her cell number if he had Megans phone. An easy google surch and he could have her work number. So maybe he seen where she worked from facebook?
Idk to me this is why I think he stocks his victims before and relives his thrill by calling the family.
Maybe the phone number was listed as "moms work" in Melissa's cell phone ? That pretty much makes it easy for him.

Maybe the phone number was listed as "moms work" in Melissa's cell phone ? That pretty much makes it easy for him.
That would be Megans phone. Her mother said moms work was on her phone. She also said her daughter would not have left without her phone. The killer called Amanda, John Terry, Lorraines job, and attempted to use Maureens phone..Dormer was right when he said this guy is twisted.

Yeah but doesn't anyone find it weird Megan would have her moms work # in her phone and not her actual #?

Yeah but doesn't anyone find it weird Megan would have her moms work # in her phone and not her actual #?

Not really, in my phone, my mom's work number is clearly "mom work". But her cell and the number at the house is labeled in a separate contact as an odd reference to her, my dad and a sister who still lives with them that nobody but me would get or think to look for.

Not really, in my phone, my mom's work number is clearly "mom work". But her cell and the number at the house is labeled in a separate contact as an odd reference to her, my dad and a sister who still lives with them that nobody but me would get or think to look for.
I guess so. I mean in the past I've done things like that also. But you would think that from texts and call logs he'd figure it out. Idk this is prob one of those things that don't matter a whole lot but I've thought about the most.

48 hours "long island serial killer" is on
TLC. Anyone else watching it?

No need for her to have used one of his computers. She could have just logged on to his wifi with her phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or he had her phone and logged on via wifi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen