Match! NY - Caledonia, WhtFem 1UFNY, 13-19, Turquoise Necklace, Nov'79 *Tammy Alexander*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't describe how happy/sad I feel right now. On one hand, I'm thrilled to see Cali has finally been identified - but on the other hand, it's sad that Tammy really is dead and that it took this long to give her her name back. So many people over so many years have been trying to put a name to Cali's face and it actually feels a little surreal seeing her identified.

Carl - I think it's time to update your profile picture :)

IIRC, serial killer Billy Mansfield was a trucker. Two UIDs were found buried on his property in the early 80s and I think Tammy was being looked at as a possible match to one of those victims because of the timing and the fact that she was comfortable around truckers.

I don't know a whole lot about Mansfield, but is it possible that he really is the one who killed Tammy? Like, she hitchhiked with him while he was on the road and he ended up killing her in NY. I think it's worth questioning him in Tammy's murder (if he can't be ruled out due to timing issues and whatnot).

IIRC, serial killer Billy Mansfield was a trucker. Two UIDs were found buried on his property in the early 80s and I think Tammy was being looked at as a possible match to one of those victims because of the timing and the fact that she was comfortable around truckers.

I don't know a whole lot about Mansfield, but is it possible that he really is the one who killed Tammy? Like, she hitchhiked with him while he was on the road and he ended up killing her in NY. I think it's worth questioning him in Tammy's murder (if he can't be ruled out due to timing issues and whatnot).
It makes sense on how she ended up there. Considering she was last seen in diner with a guy that looks like that one, at least a little to me.
It would be great if not only she is found and identified but her killer found.
Gerald Stano. off to find out more about him.

WOW JUST WOW! this year has been something hasnt it ? Suzanne now Tammy, Im at a loss for words ......

There is going to be a local memorial service for Tammy in Dansville (where she's buried).

I wonder if her family is going to let that be her final resting place, or if they're going to bring her back to Florida.

There is going to be a local memorial service for Tammy in Dansville (where she's buried).

I wonder if her family is going to let that be her final resting place, or if they're going to bring her back to Florida.

The family has already said that they will leave her there.

It makes sense on how she ended up there. Considering she was last seen in diner with a guy that looks like that one, at least a little to me.
It would be great if not only she is found and identified but her killer found.
Gerald Stano. off to find out more about him.

I think Stano was in Florida then, but he has ties to New York and Tammy fits his victim profile. He's been dead for years, though--not sure we'll ever know.

http://murderpedia.org/male.S/s1/stano-gerald-eugene.htm

John York's part made me tear up. He was one of the first officers at the scene in 1979 - imagine how he must be feeling today.

This part really got to me. It's so true: "This case could have been solved long ago, had she had a parent, had she had a family that cared enough to want to even make a missing persons report. [...] It's hard to imagine someone could just throw a child away."

I am in awe. This is amazing. To have seen this unfold and for this girl to have her name back is a bittersweet ending but a beginning to finding out why she had such an untimely death.

Carl, this is an outstanding testimony to your smarts and dogged diligence and to Roselvr and Still_Seek_Answers for their perseverance. :jawdrop: Have not been here lately due to illness but needed to say GOOD GOING.

It's interesting that the history of Miss Alexander's last couple years is basically confirmatory of the unusual forensic work on Caledonia Jane Doe's case, yet had none of it been done, no doubt Carl still would have identified "Cali" the day Tammy's entry and photo were public on NamUs.

I am so very sorry for Tammy's sister and for her friend. Closure is only a partial blessing when it means the final loss of hope.

I just got chills. First Sharon Marshall now Cali. I am just in awe.

Rest in peace, Tammy, and huge thanks for everyone who worked so hard to give her her name back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo