Identified! CA - Dana Point, WhtFem 23UFCA, 18-23, cliff jump, Sep'87 - Holly Glynn

She really looks similar to Kimberley Kersey to me...minus the eye color.

Attachments

• Dana_Point__CA_Jane_Doe_1104264.jpg
    Dana_Point__CA_Jane_Doe_1104264.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 68
  • kersey_kimberley.jpg
    kersey_kimberley.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 71
Just wanted to bump this for any new people. Just discovered this case today, what got me was the "snow angel" aspect of the story. Very sad.

In the aftermath of the Tammy Alexander / Cali ID, I was contacted by someone who has a very credible lead for a possible ID for Dana Point Jane Doe.

I can't mention her name, as she is not a listed MP. My tipster is trying to figure out how we are going to be able to file a MP report on her when her family might not be cooperative. My tipster was told about this young woman by an old friend who currently lives in the Netherlands. So she would be unavailable to file a MP report (which must be filed in person).

The only available photos of her are extremely blurry. Too blurry to compare to a PM photo or a recon with any certainty. But she appears from the blurry photos to have a similar general look to the recons.
She closely fits the description of DPJD in terms of height, weight, hair color and style, and complexion.
She attended elementary and junior high school in Whittier CA. I cannot find her in any HS yearbooks.
She was born in September 1966, and she was last seen in September of 1987.
Has connections to San Diego (remember the stolen purse came from San Diego)
She has a sister, who has been resistant to attempted contacts by persons inquiring about her. One of the sister's prior listed addresses (according to Peoplefinders) is in Dana Point.
<<modsnip>>

If anyone here lives in Whittier, please contact me via private message. Perhaps you or someone you know might have gone to school with her and would be able to provide a better photo of her. If I had a good clear photo of her, I might be able to bring it to the O.C. MedEx office and impress upon them that we have a credible lead, which might result in enough LE interest to generate the creation of a MP report.

Wow!

I have been hoping that the publicity Tammy/Cali has received would trigger something like this with other Does. It's sad, if true, that this girl's family might be uncooperative.

I think this missing persons case has been overlooked. There is no dental or DNA available or last known clothing, which makes me believe whoever reported her missing- doesn't know that information. So, she could be a runaway. Everything fits. Her name is Elizabeth R. Bodor. Very strange there is no photo.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3221dffl.html

I think this missing persons case has been overlooked. There is no dental or DNA available or last known clothing, which makes me believe whoever reported her missing- doesn't know that information. So, she could be a runaway. Everything fits. Her name is Elizabeth R. Boder. Very strange there is no photo.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3221dffl.html

We are looking for people LKA during or before September 1987. Elizabeth Bodor was LKA in March of 1988. Unless the dates LKA are incorrect, she could not be Dana Point Jane Doe.

In the aftermath of the Tammy Alexander / Cali ID, I was contacted by someone who has a very credible lead for a possible ID for Dana Point Jane Doe.

I can't mention her name, as she is not a listed MP. My tipster is trying to figure out how we are going to be able to file a MP report on her when her family might not be cooperative. My tipster was told about this young woman by an old friend who currently lives in the Netherlands. So she would be unavailable to file a MP report (which must be filed in person).

The only available photos of her are extremely blurry. Too blurry to compare to a PM photo or a recon with any certainty. But she appears from the blurry photos to have a similar general look to the recons.
She closely fits the description of DPJD in terms of height, weight, hair color and style, and complexion.
She attended elementary and junior high school in Whittier CA. I cannot find her in any HS yearbooks.
She has a sister, who has been resistant to attempted contacts by persons inquiring about her. One of the sister's prior listed addresses (according to Peoplefinders) is in Dana Point.
<<modsnip>>

If anyone here lives in Whittier, please contact me via private message. Perhaps you or someone you know might have gone to school with her and would be able to provide a better photo of her. If I had a good clear photo of her, I might be able to bring it to the O.C. MedEx office and impress upon them that we have a credible lead, which might result in enough LE interest to generate the creation of a MP report.

Anyone can file a missing person's report. If you have a lead, then I would just forward it to ME or the police and let them take it from there. I don't think they would be so deontological that they would refuse to take a lead because there isn't a good picture.

We are looking for people LKA during or before September 1987. Elizabeth Bodor was LKA in March of 1988. Unless the dates LKA are incorrect, she could not be Dana Point Jane Doe.

I thought so, but the missing person report has very little information. No photo, no DNA, no description of clothing with made me think if she is a runaway the parents might have waited months to report her missing. Everything else is a match. Thanks for checking for me.

Anyone can file a missing person's report. If you have a lead, then I would just forward it to ME or the police and let them take it from there. I don't think they would be so deontological that they would refuse to take a lead because there isn't a good picture.

Here in California, you need to file the report in person with the jurisdiction where they were LKA. I live about 40 miles from Whittier, and I would be glad to do it, but I need to pull together as much info as I can before I take the 40 mile drive through LA traffic.

<<modsnip>>

I found this girl's freshman photo in the La Serna HS (Whittier CA) 1981 yearbook. This photo would have been taken about 7 years prior to DPJD's death. There was no junior-year photo in the 1983 book. She is not even on the "Not Pictured" list. The 1982 book is unavailable.

For those who want to check her out, her initials are HG. Or if you can't access the yearbooks, PM me, and I will show you her photos.

Her nose looks about right compared to the b&w recon of DPJD, and her jawline is about as broad. But her chin is small and she has a fleshy lower lip. Since the mandible typically continues to grow until 17 years old for females, it's possible that she would grow into a stronger chin.

All things considered, trying to imagine her at 21 based on what she looked like at 14 years old is a little tough. But it doesn't look entirely off base compared to our Jane Doe.

<<modsnip>>

I found this girl's freshman photo in the La Serna HS (Whittier CA) 1981 yearbook. This photo would have been taken about 7 years prior to DPJD's death. There was no junior-year photo in the 1983 book. She is not even on the "Not Pictured" list. The 1982 book is unavailable.

For those who want to check her out, her initials are HG. Or if you can't access the yearbooks, PM me, and I will show you her photos.

Her nose looks about right compared to the b&w recon of DPJD, and her jawline is about as broad. But her chin is small and she has a fleshy lower lip. Since the mandible typically continues to grow until 17 years old for females, it's possible that she would grow into a stronger chin.

All things considered, trying to imagine her at 21 based on what she looked like at 14 years old is a little tough. But it doesn't look entirely off base compared to our Jane Doe.

Last Friday morning, I contacted the OC MedEx office to discuss the possibility that the above mentioned girl was DPJD. I offered to submit a missing persons report if one was not on file for this girl. I gave the representative my phone number, and she indicated to me that she would pass my number on to the chief UID investigator.

Just received word from my source (mentioned above on this thread) that the Orange County Sheriff's Department has already contacted this woman's family in response to an earlier inquiry, and the process for a DNA comparison is in motion.

So since the woman is now officially considered a missing person, we can discuss her by name.

Her name is Holly Glynn - DOB 11-Sep-1966.

There aren't any photos of her from around the time of DPJD's death. There are a few snapshots of her when she was much younger, and they are all very blurry. There is also her 1980-81 freshman photo from La Serna HS, which predates DPJD's death by about 7 years. Here is the most clear of the snapshots (date unknown), and her freshman portrait (approx age 14): The facial reconstructions for DPJD are below for comparison.

4e355dbf-a6fa-40bc-b8b7-129fad92629b.jpg
66f0012b-357f-49b3-af2e-650a44cad33d.jpg

b27c4917-78a9-4038-9622-89f0fd46a2d6.jpg
a4b27822-caa0-468c-ad4c-7b6760e94dc8.jpg

In comparison to DPJD, her particulars fit the profile almost perfectly:

* Holly was 21 years old. DPJD was estimated to be between 18 and 23.
* Holly was LKA in September of 1987. DPJD died on September 20, 1987
* Holly had strawberry blonde hair long to her mid-back, as did DPJD.
* Holly had a fair complexion, as did DPJD.
* Holly was about 5 feet 3 inches tall, as was DPJD.
* Holly was a cigarette smoker, as was DPJD.
* Holly had a history of orthodontics, as did DPJD.
* Holly has connections to the San Diego area, to tie to the San Diego woman whose purse was in DPJD's possession.
* One of Holly's relatives is listed as having lived in Dana Point at one time (it is not clear when).
* There is a record online of a mental health related court hearing for Holly in San Diego County dated in January 1987 (Click Here for details) (Thanks to EmiLove832 for finding this). Of course, that would tie in to the circumstances of DPJD's death.

And an interesting coincidence. Holly's grandmother's maiden name is Angel (Thanks to AlwaysOnTheCase for finding this). It was noted that DPJD made angel wings in the sand just prior to succumbing to her injuries.

I know we don't know for sure, but I really believe Holly is DPJD.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back