Found Deceased GA - Bud, 69, & June Runion, 66, McRae, 22 Jan 2015 #2 *Arrest*

For me, the link leads to a sentence or two and then a "pay up" message. Is it something you can summarize?

ETA: Never mind, I just got it to open on up.

ETA again: A really fine job on that story, IMO. Somebody did their homework.

Do y'all get from the article that Jay was probably first interviewed Saturday...?

Perhaps he was first interviewed on Saturday?, (unless it was early Sunday, perhaps?) as this link here states:

"The Telfair County Sheriff's office issued warrants for the arrest of Ronnie Adrian Towns on Sunday afternoon."

http://www.wect.com/story/27935580/warrants-issued-in-connection-to-disappearance-of-marietta-couple

He turned himself in on Monday.

Some interesting info in the Atlanta Journal article. Just breaks my heart.

www.myajc.com/news/news/an-ordinary...cial_facebook_2014_sfp#4d1f6355.257144.735630

Still wondering about RT dad bringing him out of the woods Saturday, looks like that is when everything really started, they were onto him by saturday, still confused on that part

If I read it correctly, it all happened Monday morning

Also, it appears there is also a Scotland Rd near Jacksonville, according to this article they called it the Jacksonville Scotland DIRT Rd, and I thought I had seen it near Jacksonville on some map, wondered early on if that was the road the Runions were looking for, then someone pointed out it was east of mcrae and there is one there too but not dirt road I guess

wondering why he sent them all the way down there, IIRC, they could go Prison camp rd to JT but i guess he was leading them around the elbow to get to the..., was he thinking that would throw off the investigation if there was one???????? lol, confused

The article still wasn't clear, or maybe it was, if the RUnions were unarmed when they left, it stated Bud had gun in truck and another but didnt' say if he left it in the home or took it

and whether or not he had cash but according to the neighbor it was not his habit when looking the first time, only to check it out and leave, but his daughter had said in another article "when they went to GET the car"

Maybe all mute, still thinking of these families

You misunderstood Bud& June's family if you read the FB page there is no harsh words coming out of the family's mouth. All the want is justice. They are all strong in their faith thatch God .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
My mistake, then. I thought all kinds of people posted on other people's FB pages, not just the family.

www.myajc.com/news/news/an-ordinary...cial_facebook_2014_sfp#4d1f6355.257144.735630

"A while later his wife, Dee, waved to Bud and his wife, June, as they pulled out of their driveway in June’s pewter GMC Envoy. Bud hadn’t asked them to watch the house as he usually did when he and June were going out of town, so it looked like they’d be back soon."

"It wasn’t until days later that Cox would ask himself why the Runions hadn’t driven Bud’s truck. There was a gun in its glove compartment, one that Bud, a Vietnam veteran, was licensed to carry and knew how to use. Or, perhaps, Cox thought, Bud took his second gun instead, the one he kept in the house. Or maybe not."

From this I would guess that Bud planned on buying and driving the Mustang back himself that same day and he wanted June to drive home in her own car, as she probably would have been more comfortable driving it. That probably means they brought cash with them.

I agree, heartbreaking :(

Thing that jumps out at me is that at 5:30 they stopped at the antique store lost and even the folks at the store didn't know where the meeting place/road was.

How did they end up finding it then? Maybe JT turned his phone off for "safety" and waited for them, but as it got late and the couple still wasn't there he turned it back on and called them? Otherwise how did they find the road on their own and how long had the killer been there waiting to see if they showed up? Hours?

I would think they were heading towards JT's home/trailer, did he talk to them on the phone and say "I will meet you on the road and you can follow me" and that is where it all happened?

Thing that jumps out at me is that at 5:30 they stopped at the antique store lost and even the folks at the store didn't know where the meeting place/road was.

How did they end up finding it then? Maybe JT turned his phone off for "safety" and waited for them, but as it got late and the couple still wasn't there he turned it back on and called them? Otherwise how did they find the road on their own and how long had the killer been there waiting to see if they showed up? Hours?

I would think they were heading towards JT's home/trailer, did he talk to them on the phone and say "I will meet you on the road and you can follow me" and that is where it all happened?

This sounds very plausible to me. I have been going over in my mind, why they would drive all the way down to Jacksonville Scotland Road, and then be killed 3 miles north. It just didn't make any sense. I think that you're right though. I believe that the Runions finally reached JT on his cell, and he told them to drive to County Road 145 to meet him.

This sounds very plausible to me. I have been going over in my mind, why they would drive all the way down to Jacksonville Scotland Road, and then be killed 3 miles north. It just didn't make any sense. I think that you're right though. I believe that the Runions finally reached JT on his cell, and he told them to drive to County Road 145 to meet him.

That also means the victims wouldn't be able to give anyone the address or google it which would leave evidence at their home. I personally always google the address when I am going somewhere new.

I think he said he would meet them on the road, so naturally when they finally found the road and saw him they were all happy. He smiled and waived and came up to the car to say something like "You finally found it!" and then bang bang before they even realized what was happening.

He had to know there was a high likelihood they had a weapon in the car so he would have to act fast and not make them suspicious.

That also means the victims wouldn't be able to give anyone the address or google it which would leave evidence at their home. I personally always google the address when I am going somewhere new.

I think he said he would meet them on the road, so naturally when they finally found the road and saw him they were all happy. He smiled and waived and came up to the car to say something like "You finally found it!" and then bang bang before they even realized what was happening.

He had to know there was a high likelihood they had a weapon in the car so he would have to act fast and not make them suspicious.

That makes a lot of sense to me. The fact that he probably initially gave them the Jacksonville Scotland Road address "in writing," made it far enough away that he thought that he couldn't be linked to it. Then the phone call to them, to give them a new meeting location, so as to not have it in writing.

That's what I wondered, about meeting him at or near his home, where the alleged car was, unless that the jacksonville scotland dirt road was just the road they mentinoed to the antique store owners, can't recall all Bud's landmarks/roads he mentioned

Wondered in the beginning if he was to meet them at his house or near there,

SO, here we are again, was he trying to set himself up??? Weird he'd take them straight to his place and kill them, I jsut don't know but to charge him they must have more we don't know of

Sorry to sound naive here but maybe the Runions thought like this, too, as they planned a trip to meet a stranger here ... Kind of surprised at this area's drug problem. I thought it was a sleepy little country place, maybe some bored meth users. Never thought it was like going to San Pedro Sula ... Has anyone glanced at the court calendars?

Www.telfairclerkofcourt.com

In one day of Feb. court, nine up for murder. Seems that most (other than the Florida lady who was killed) were related to the state prison there. Another 19 people charged w/ giving inmates drugs, cellphones, etc. (note charged, not convicted). Kind of curious about why these people (men, women, even a corrections officer) seemingly risk everything to do this. What are they getting out of it that is worth jail, losing job and/or contributing to someone hurt in a prison gang fight or a hit outside?

Others on the docket are charged with selling/having cocaine. Isn't that a pricey habit for people who can't get jobs? Only a few years ago, there was a story that Telfair officers confiscated cocaine worth $38 million street value out of a produce truck. What??!

http://m.onlineathens.com/local-new...ty-deputies-seize-382-kilos-cocaine#gsc.tab=0

That's a haul for any area - let alone this one. Perhaps the "big boys" someone else mentioned. Some of the people charged or caught aren't from that county. Why are they congregating there to do their crimes? And could these be the type of people who made RT desperate enough to shoot two people?
The Runions might have felt safer or been less apprehensive in a rural place like this vs the higher crime city they live. IDK

The Chamber's only job posting is for the company that runs the federal prison - which is only a few miles away from the state prison that appears to be having these violence/drug issues. If some of these Telfair people can't get decent work and the drug dealers and criminals are hiring, maybe it is a reason they'd go that way to support their families. I've talked to people recently who have noted history of corruption and drugs in this area like it's not a big deal because it doesn't affect our neighborhood. Maybe out of sight/out of mind has worked for a long time at the Capitol. Maybe the residents even prefer being self sufficient and taking care of their own problems. But looks like they need more help if it's possibly leading to visitors like the Runions getting killed on their streets. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weird he'd take them straight to his place and kill them, I jsut don't know but to charge him they must have more we don't know of

He probably felt safe doing it on his own land-- he would know whether or not someone would come driving buy, he would have time to bury the bodies and get rid of the car, and he could be pretty sure no one would ever discover the graves.

He was probably also paranoid; folks in rural areas are VERY observant. If he tried to do the deed on another quiet road and someone passed, or even saw him in the area there would be a good chance they would talk and say "Well I saw JT turn there" etc...

He likely didn't plan this out for very long, otherwise it would have made sense to scope out ANOTHER town and find a quiet road, and have an untraceable burner phone.

I have not been on this site for a long time - really since Lacy Peterson's Murder. WB was invaluable for keeping everyone up to date. This murder in McRae,GA is sad and cruel. I feel that the relatives of J. Towns are needy and downtrodden. This must be overwhelming for them.

To Peppery, A Mustang would not be cheap - I know little about car prices but would Budd bring $5,000 in Cash without a weapon himself? Also, has he purchased throwaway cell phones in the past? How can LE check - this sort of robbery might have happened before with no deaths.

He probably felt safe doing it on his own land-- he would know whether or not someone would come driving buy, he would have time to bury the bodies and get rid of the car, and he could be pretty sure no one would ever discover the graves.

He was probably also paranoid; folks in rural areas are VERY observant. If he tried to do the deed on another quiet road and someone passed, or even saw him in the area there would be a good chance they would talk and say "Well I saw JT turn there" etc...

He likely didn't plan this out for very long, otherwise it would have made sense to scope out ANOTHER town and find a quiet road, and have an untraceable burner phone.

That seems plausible and makes sense when you put it like that, but since he WAS discovered, right by his property and the phone was traced to him, it APPEARS like he was stupid or wanted to be caught

Glad he's in custody if he's guilty (i say that out of obligation lol), curious to know what else is going on this case

Sorry to sound naive here but maybe the Runions thought like this, too, as they planned a trip to meet a stranger here ... Kind of surprised at this area's drug problem. I thought it was a sleepy little country place, maybe some bored meth users. Never thought it was like going to San Pedro Sula ... Has anyone glanced at the court calendars?

In one day of Feb. court, nine up for murder. Seems that most (other than the Florida lady who was killed) were related to the state prison there. Another 19 people charged w/ giving inmates drugs, cellphones, etc. (note charged, not convicted). Kind of curious about why these people (men, women, even a corrections officer) seemingly risk everything to do this. What are they getting out of it that is worth jail, losing job and/or contributing to someone hurt in a prison gang fight or a hit outside?

Others on the docket are charged with selling/having cocaine. Isn't that a pricey habit for people who can't get jobs? Only a few years ago, there was a story that Telfair officers confiscated cocaine worth $38 million street value out of a produce truck. What??!

http://m.onlineathens.com/local-new...ty-deputies-seize-382-kilos-cocaine#gsc.tab=0

That's a haul for any area - let alone this one. Perhaps the "big boys" someone else mentioned. Some of the people charged or caught aren't from that county. Why are they congregating there to do their crimes? And could these be the type of people who made RT desperate enough to shoot two people?
The Runions might have felt safer or been less apprehensive in a rural place like this vs the higher crime city they live. IDK

The Chamber's only job posting is for the company that runs the federal prison - which is only a few miles away from the state prison that appears to be having these violence/drug issues. If some of these Telfair people can't get decent work and the drug dealers and criminals are hiring, maybe it is a reason they'd go that way to support their families. I've talked to people recently who have noted history of corruption and drugs in this area like it's not a big deal because it doesn't affect our neighborhood. Maybe out of sight/out of mind has worked for a long time at the Capitol. Maybe the residents even prefer being self sufficient and taking care of their own problems. But looks like they need more help if it's possibly leading to visitors like the Runions getting killed on their streets. JMO

naive??? NOT.........but it's Been that way for as long as I can remember, seeing and hearing

I was wondering if They had used Google Maps to get them to the area so when Bud and June stopped at the Antique Shop they had the road information, etc. Maybe they needed a little reassurance they were on the right track.

You know.......small country town, low population, everyone grew up together, isolated, they own the rules, they own the town, they do what they want??

That seems plausible and makes sense when you put it like that, but since he WAS discovered, right by his property and the phone was traced to him, it APPEARS like he was stupid or wanted to be caught

Glad he's in custody if he's guilty (i say that out of obligation lol), curious to know what else is going on this case

There are people who are very smart and well educated but do extremely stupid things when it comes to crime. Doesn't mean they want to get caught, they just don't know how to cover their tracks.
This guy doesn't strike me as very smart to begin with, so why is it surprising if he didn't cover up well?
I don't get it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back