GUILTY IL - Vicente Mundo, 20, Urbana, 27 Jan 2015

So, I am a graduate of UI and my family lives in the area. I spent the weekend there for a basketball game, and wow -- Vicente's family has covered the town with fliers looking for him. An announcement was made at the basketball game, and the entire town is abuzz about it. Even visitors passing through know about him. His family has done a wonderful job, and my heart breaks for them. My sister is a student there, as well, so this hits close to home for me.

I think it's concerning that he went to meet someone at his car, and never returned. I think whoever he went to meet is the key to the case. As for the body found in Tolono -- some outlets are reporting that it was actually found in Savoy -- I pinpointed the location that it was found, and it was just south of Willard airport. Very, very close to Champaign, and very close to Route 45/I-57. I also noted that many news sources referred to the body as an "unconscious man"; I think that's how it was called into the police. So based on that, I don't think the person had been deceased for very long.

I can't find an article that says he went to meet someone at his car. I read that he left to go to his car from one friend's house and that he was supposed to meet friends for dinner and a movie at his own apartment and never showed up. Did I miss something about meeting someone at his car?

Yeah, the media has been a little inconsistent on reporting the circumstances. I'm wondering how long it will take us to get a confirmation that the body found in Tolono is/is not Vicente.

Bumping for Vicente. No updates?

:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Treating his death as a homicide...wow. Not the outcome I prayed for. Rest Peacefully, Vicente. You are so loved.

WCIA 3 News added 3 new photos.
1 hr · Edited ·
SHARE THIS:

The Coroner's Office has confirmed that the body found at 900 N and 1000E is that of Vicente Mundo. Since first responding to the scene, the Champaign County Sheriff's Office has been treating this as a homicide and the Coroner's Office has also confirmed this.

Since the intitial missing person report, this case has been investigated through a multi-jursidicitional effort that will continue through this homicide investigation. Investigators taking part in the investigation are from the Champaign County Sheriff's Office, Champaign Police Department, Champaign County Corner's Office, Champaign County States Attorney's Office, Federal Bureau of Investigations, and the University of Illinois Police Department.

We are still looking for a silver 2006 Acura TL with black rims and dark tinted windows bearing Illinois License plate 2557 B over D (Chicago Bears specialty plate).

Anyone with knowledge as to his activities on the weekend beginning Friday, January 23, or any other useful information is asked to contact the Champaign County Sheriff's investigations at 217-384-1213. Anonymous information can be given to Crime Stoppers at 217-373-8477 (TIPS) or by 373TIPS.com or by texting keyword "CCTIP" plus your information to: 274637 (CRIMES).

At this point in time, there does not appear to be any connection between Mr. Mundo's murder and the missing former student, Christian Zamora.

The Sheriff’s Office will not have any further information to provide at this time.
Thank you ~

Sheriff Dan Walsh
Champaign County Sheriff’s Office

256d22e5b47d74809436000aebe54dcc.jpg

This image was posted by WCIA on the comment thread (to clarify license plate):

7aee01e6f823234e3deb77ef06a93a0a.jpg

:rose:

https://www.facebook.com/WCIA3News/posts/10153056465518252

Oh my god! I was just coming in to check because I saw Vincente's name and photo on the new (tv), but since it was at the gym I couldn't hear what was going on.

RiP

This is so sad.
When it is safe for LE to share details, I sure hope they will.
The student body needs to be aware if there are specific risks (exposing young men) around the campus.

Police are still looking for his car, a silver sedan (Acura TL) with easily-identifiable Chicago Bears vanity plates.

Interestingly, the day Vicente was reported missing, a pair of license plates were stolen from a silver sedan.

"At 11:17 a.m. Tuesday, a U. of I. student reported that both license plates had been stolen from his vehicle. The student left his car at a parking meter near the intersection of Peabody Drive and Sixth Street, Champaign, for about three hours while he was in class." - http://police.illinois.edu/universitypolice/policeblotter.html

<modsnip>

I posted this in Cristians thread. Has it been stated if he knew him or they had any mutual friends? Curious if there is any connections, where they could both be deceased at the hands of the same person.

From your link

Latest: 9:21 am, 2/3/15, Tuesday
CHAMPAIGN COUNTY -- Authorities have arrested two people in connection with the murder of Vicente Mundo. Mundo's body was discovered in Tolono Township, Saturday, January 31, by a woman walking her dog. He was last seen Sunday, January 25, at a friend's home on campus. Police have not released a cause of death or possible motive. No word if Mundo's vehicle was found.

A news conference is scheduled for 11 am. We'll update this story as more information is released.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back