Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 2/5 - 2/9 - Break

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think JSS is going to give a dressing down that will make all of us fall out of our chairs. I think she's fed up and has been for over 2 years, but she's been professional enough not to let it show or interfere with her judgments. She knows JA manipulates her—she even said so in the Appeals Court case—and when it is JSS' turn to speak she will!

Wanna bet? I'll bet '16 cents and a ham sammich.' :laughing:

For anyone who was present way back when, that was a running gag in the CA trial. Guess she won the ham sammich after all. :(

Okay. That is better. Makes sense. A matter of semantics. What sheriff said was if she gets a DP sentence she would go to death row immediately. What I wanted to know is even of she gets the DP "verdict", JSS leave her in Estrella while the omnibus hearing is settled? You just said judge can send her up immediately. Not that I have much faith in JSS doing what is right. :) Thanks AZ

Do we have that source from Sheriff Joe? IIRC, he said it dramatically, saying something like JA would be put immediately on the bus to Death Row. I'm not sure now whether this meant after the official sentencing or after the verdict. I think we might enjoy a quick review of his statement. It was Sheriff Joe swagger at its best.

Jodi has been in my neck of the woods (the Monterey Bay). I'm sure she got the name from Margaritaville, a popular bar in the Capitola Village. Always some truth to her lies, right?

Hi MaLou....I tend to agree with your statement "Always some truth to her lies"...it occurred to me that this may have been the case with some of the bs that I think came out of JA's mouth during her super-secret testimony. I was thinking perhaps her claim that her father was abusive to her mother and called her fat, etc.....could have been things she actually did. Wouldn't put it past her. She kicked her mother for goodness' sake.

Wanna bet? I'll bet '16 cents and a ham sammich.' :laughing:

For anyone who was present way back when, that was a running gag in the CA trial. Guess she won the ham sammich after all. :(

:). (yep). I don't think JSS will add her two cents either. If she doesn't, it won't be because she's timid or likes JA or any such thing. I just don't see her as a lecturing kind of judge.

She seemed on the verge of tears when the jury hung last time. I don't think the jury will hang, but if they do I imagine her response would be a sigh or even impatience. I'm sure she's as fried as everyone else and just wants this one wrapped up and done.

:(:(:(
Bummer, I was really hoping for verdict, last SWAT bus leaving the courthouse and first escourt out of Estella headed to Perryville the next day. No last visits with Maria. Just one last one with Nurmi, and I hoped it was on one of those nine out of ten days he doesn't like her.

She'll lose her BFF MDLR on the instant? Woah ho!

MDLR's going to write a book about this, you betcha! It will get remaindered after two complimentary copies are dispensed: they will be autographed by MDLR herself and provided as gifts to Mom and Donovan..

I don't think JA would even have the luxury of spending the night in Estrella if DP is the sentence. I understood the death bus picks her up and she's on her way to Perryville. I don't believe with a death sentence she can mix with other prisoners, e.g. on the Estrella bus.

[video=youtube;ue2-ZVxpVjc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue2-ZVxpVjc&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Ah...I had just returned from vacationing Mexico when this song was extremely popular. And I bet most of you weren't born yet, right?

Daisy, that so funny! But why hide it? Courts, judges and lawyers need to know when they make laws that people are going to use common sense. Except the Pinellas 12.

Speaking of the Pinellas 12, I saw a local TV ad this afternoon for Morgan and Morgan featuring one of their newest hires. None other than Belvin Perry himself.

This is a good point. The jury is SUPPOSED to say, OK, let's balance this aggravating factor--cruelty--against the mitigating factors. She's clearly mentally ill (BPD), but should we count that as mitigating? (Discussion.) What other mitigating factors are there? (Discussion.) OK, juror #4, please try to remember that the pedo lie can be considered only in rebuttal to mitigation, not as an aggravating factor. (Discussion.) Juror #8, I know we all feel terrible for the family, but we cannot decide based on sympathy and must consider the VIS only in rebuttal to mitigation, not as an aggravating factor. Thank you.

Instead, they are quite likely to say, OK, let's list the reasons for death on one side of this paper and reasons for life on the other side. On the death side, premeditation, cruelty, lack of remorse, horrible letter to the family, pedo lie, heart-rending VIS, the irises sent to MumMum, psychopath. On the life side, BPD but only if it's a mental ILLNESS. What does everyone think? OK, it's not a mental illness because it had nothing to do with the crime? OK, I'll cross that off.

Drives me nuts when I interview jurors, because even if they go my way, they invariably have utterly failed to follow the jury instructions.

Lol. Reminds me of an exasperated Jeff Ashton, after hearing the nurse juror's interview about the CA deliberations when she said "how can you give someone the death penalty," and him just going, "they shouldn't have been even talking about the death penalty at that point..." Then there's the one juror who wanted to find Her guilty of child neglect and after realizing he was the only one going, "well, I won't change your minds so..." That whole jury was an utter fail.

Man being a lawyer sounds like an incredibly frustrating profession.

Hi MaLou....I tend to agree with your statement "Always some truth to her lies"...it occurred to me that this may have been the case with some of the bs that I think came out of JA's mouth during her super-secret testimony. I was thinking perhaps her claim that her father was abusive to her mother and called her fat, etc.....could have been things she actually did. Wouldn't put it past her. She kicked her mother for goodness' sake.

I forgot to mention that she stopped here in town on her way to murder Travis.

Do we have that source from Sheriff Joe? IIRC, he said it dramatically, saying something like JA would be put immediately on the bus to Death Row. I'm not sure now whether this meant after the official sentencing or after the verdict. I think we might enjoy a quick review of his statement. It was Sheriff Joe swagger at its best.
I am sure sheriff Joe cannot wait. It can't come soon enough. He may even give the guards a party for her sentencing!

Speaking of the Pinellas 12, I saw a local TV ad this afternoon for Morgan and Morgan featuring one of their newest hires. None other than Belvin Perry himself.
Wow. What to say? Guess its cool. At least he has taste and didn't go with Cheney Mason.

People have BPD and live a healthy, fulfilling life. Just because one has a disorder (I like to call it an inbalance); they still make choices.

JA chose to go to Mesa on Jun4, and she had already convinced herself she was going. Kinda like cause and effect. So, to me, she made that choice and she should have to pay the price, it's not really related to his BPD.

Agreed. And she also came armed. She knew exactly why she was going there.

I had already graduated from HS, but back then I was more a ELP, Genesis, Pink Floyd, Grateful Dead kinda gal than a Buffeteer.

LOL! You and my husband. He is four years younger than I am. When we remember the good music from back then, we have very different memories. :). He would know the music from every group you just mentioned. I only know their names. But I had five older brothers and sisters and grew up with their music.

IMO LaViolette is a danger to society. No, people weren't critquing her book but they were critiquing her character and what a biased, disinforming liar she is. Would I buy anything she wrote? Not on your life. And I would be grateful to know I wasn't contributing to her livelihood. I would also be grateful for the information, especially from abuse and DV survivors.

You can refrain from contributing to her livelihood without messing with it or writing a dishonest "book review."

I don't think the people writing those reviews were just trying to be helpful. They just needed an outlet to attack her.

I was in an antique store last weekend and they were playing music from the 50's. All of a sudden I heard the Platters singing "The Great Pretender". Oh my, I had to swoon! :). My DH asked me to please not sing! Those were the days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong