Identified! CA - Dana Point, WhtFem 23UFCA, 18-23, cliff jump, Sep'87 - Holly Glynn

I never based my connection on the sketches or photo I based it on the matching time frame and area and a "feeling" how long will it take to find out I wonder

to address some speculation brought up prior about her being homeless she lived in san diego with her family but on her birthday sept.11 she got a ride from an old neighbor that was up in San Diego visiting and was returning to where she grew up and still had friends in Whittier she decided to go along 10 days later dpjd (possibly Holly) leaped to her death if it was Holly what happened in those 10 days that made her decide to do so will probably never be known why she had on the mens under wear and second hand looking clothes with a 12 years earlier stolen purse probably will never be answered either

Has an official missing persons report been filed for Holly Glynn in San Diego?...
I am the same age, men's boxers were a popular fad- I think the articles stated she appeared homeless because of her ill-fitting clothing. Maybe she didn't take her own life, climbing the fence to the cliff and then slipped. I think it's her.

I really hope it isn't but unfortuanatley I think it is someone on here found a mental health case on Holly in Jan 1987 that might have been a failed attempt at suicide Holly obviously kept many things inside and did not communicate them to even her closests friends.So sad when she had many many who cared and loved her.

Bumping up...

I looked around but didn't see any updates if Holly is DPJD.

Have you heard anything, Carl?

Bumping up...

I looked around but didn't see any updates if Holly is DPJD.

Have you heard anything, Carl?

No word yet. DNA comparisons have been taking several months to process. Tammy Alexander (Caledonia Jane Doe) took four months to get an answer. Jason Callahan (Grateful Doe) has been several months.

Since Holly's sister wasn't interested in pursuing this, was LE actually able to acquire a DNA sample to test? I didn't see any definitive answer to this in the posts unless I missed it.

Since Holly's sister wasn't interested in pursuing this, was LE actually able to acquire a DNA sample to test? I didn't see any definitive answer to this in the posts unless I missed it.

Yes, they did get a FRS. Not sure from whom, but they did.

I read this whole thread from start to finish, and wow, what a turn it took recently. The photo of Holly and the recon of DPJD look so much alike to me, especially the nose and the spacing and shape of the eyes. The combination of that, and the timing and circumstances of her disappearance make me optimistic that this poor young woman has finally been identified. One question--do we know if Holly had a previous pregnancy or D&C?

It looks like her page has also been removed from the Facebook page run by the NCMEC as well ("Help ID Me"). Fingers crossed there is more news coming in the next few days.

Edit: Am I missing it or has her Namus profile been removed as well??!

Yup. I get a permission error when I click on her Namus link. Hope we'll hear more. I'll be shocked if this isn't Holly.

So many longtime Does are finally getting their names back this year!

I am going ahead and flagging it Identified!. They haven't gone public with her name, but we know who it is, so I am including her name in the thread title.

RIP, Holly. Glad she had friends who still thought of her all these years and made the connection.

So glad she has her name back, I just wish it was different circumstances.

I am going ahead and flagging it Identified!. They haven't gone public with her name, but we know who it is, so I am including her name in the thread title.

Will they likely go public with it, or at least announce she has been identified? Simply removing her Jane Doe status after all this time seems pretty anticlimactic. I for one would really like to find out for sure whether it is Holly or not.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back