GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do find it weird she can't even pay for things at a till... who is that shy? Doesn't she have to pay for lunches at school and do things independently? Also wasn't there mention she had a credit card? Why a credit card if you can't pay for things. Maybe it was a comment he made to get people out looking for her? I would check with her best friends if she has confided anything in them - whether it is boyfriend trouble, pregnancy, problems with parents... Super scary!

I do find it weird she can't even pay for things at a till... who is that shy? Doesn't she have to pay for lunches at school and do things independently? Also wasn't there mention she had a credit card? Why a credit card if you can't pay for things. Maybe it was a comment he made to get people out looking for her? I would check with her best friends if she has confided anything in them - whether it is boyfriend trouble, pregnancy, problems with parents... Super scary!

I actually used to be that shy.. When I was her age I was shy. Sooo shy. I was awkward and just super nervous talking in public or to strangers. Id actually tell my mom what I wanted to eat at restaurants and have her order for me because I was THAT shy. Or if I wanted to buy something id hand it to her and hand her the money and have her purchase it for me while I stood back and waited...

Im not like that anymore, Im quite the opposite now thank god, lol. But I actually do understand that level of shyness!

ETA: I do also want to add that at the same time I was VERY confident online. My myspace photos all looked like hers, very confident and made up. When I talked to a stranger online I was quick, witty, confident, funny.. yet in person I could barely speak with sweaty palms and id nearly have a nervous breakdown. So while she may look confident and not so shy online, its very possible that out in the real world she could be quite the opposite.

JMO

I understand shyness. But surely people who are incredibly shy would not post the kind of selfies that Rebecca has on her FB page. Defo doesn't come across as a very shy girl.

https://www.facebook.com/rebecca.watts.167/photos

EDIT just seen your post below, CrystalAnn. Shows how misleading social media profiles can be eh!

I understand shyness. But in my experience people who are incredibly shy would not post the kind of selfies that Rebecca has on her FB page. Defo doesn't come across as a very shy girl.

I actually just edited my previous post to add a little about that as well!

I was just thinking whilst cooking, could it be possible Becky went to meet with someone she met online, someone who promised to get her modelling work? She is a very beautiful young lady, maybe they said to bring a portfolio of photos and she took her laptop etc as it has all hers on? Just thinking out loud, dunno if I buy into this theory :thinking:

I wanted to add too, my husband is 44 years old and has social anxiety, he won't order food in a restaurant or pay at the check outs, answer or make phone calls ect. You would never think it from his facebook!

....alive?

I hope this is more Shannon Matthews than Tia Sharpe but I'm not getting good vibes. As soon as I read she'd taken her phone, tablet & laptop (but nothing to charge them with, and who needs all 3 anyway?) my hinky meter went off, as our friends over the pond would say.

We need more details. Where exactly were dad/stepmum/uncle/boyfriend that day? Why do they think she went out? When was the last time she was physically seen by someone other than family?

Her dad was at work. Stepmom left for a hospital appointment at 10:30am (which could be verified by the hospital), boyfriend had a dentist appointment (also could be verified). Dunno about the uncle x

Her dad was at work. Stepmom left for a hospital appointment at 10:30am (which could be verified by the hospital), boyfriend had a dentist appointment (also could be verified). Dunno about the uncle x

Agree those appointments could all be verified - but seeing as nobody appears to have seen Rebecca since BEFORE those appointments, they might not be very useful in terms of clearing people.

Has anyone found out exactly when she was last seen/spoken to by anyone who wasn't family/boyfriend?

What about a neighbor or someone that could have been potentially watching her?

Courtney Bicker sent a regular greeting to the 16-year-old – who read the message but did not reply – last Thursday morning.

Becky was last seen just minutes later and left home with no spare clothes, make up, purse or phone charger.

Her phone has been switched off ever since and police say her disappearance is totally out of character.

Becky‘s desperate family describe her as an ‘introverted’ schoolgirl who would not even go to the shop by herself.

They have tearfully pleaded for her to get in touch or return safely to her home in St George, Bristol.

Courtney said the last person Becky texted was her boyfriend Luke Oberhansli, 17, to make plans for later that day but he didn’t reply because he was at the dentist.

Police forensics teams have conducted “routine” searches of his home and the house Becky shares with her father Darren Goldsworthy, 51, and his wife Anjie, 49.

I'm guessing the bit in bold is the last sighting by her step-mother? Any actual proof that she left home? It all seems very vague and sketchy considering this story is a week old now, and you'd have thought the details would be clear by now.

Agree those appointments could all be verified - but seeing as nobody appears to have seen Rebecca since BEFORE those appointments, they might not be very useful in terms of clearing people.

Has anyone found out exactly when she was last seen/spoken to by anyone who wasn't family/boyfriend?

Exactly! That's what I'm thinking. When was she last officially seen by anyone other than the family?

It just doesn't make sense to me how the laptop is missing but nothing else. Why take your laptop if your not planning on staying over somewhere or away for a few days? If I was staying away id take my bank card, purse, make up, toothbrush, clothing, phone charger etc. These were all left behind. I'm intrigued to know when she was last officially seen by anyone but the family.

When did the best friend last officially speak to her via phone or actually see her? Texts mean nothing as it could have been anyone texting off her phone.

I honestly believe that laptop has evidence on it. Can't see any other reason as to why it is missing.

It just doesn't make sense to me how the laptop is missing but nothing else. Why take your laptop if your not planning on staying over somewhere or away for a few days? If I was staying away id take my bank card, purse, make up, toothbrush, clothing, phone charger etc. These were all left behind. I'm intrigued to know when she was last officially seen by anyone but the family.

When did the best friend last officially speak to her via phone or actually see her? Texts mean nothing as it could have been anyone texting.

Strange also that nobody seems to know where she was going to when she apparently left home - which suggests she wasn't meeting up with any of her friends. She didn't tell her stepmother of her plan to go out, even though she was planning to leave the house shortly after her stepmum did. She didn't reply to her best friend's text, so obviously not meeting her. She knew her boyfriend was at the orthodontist, so couldn't have been going out to meet him. She didn't take her purse, so not popping to the shops. No money taken, so no bus caught presumably. And nobody has come forward to say that they had planned to meet up with her that day. She just went out with nothing but a laptop - which would suggest she wasn't going very far at all, staying very close to home. Where would you go to with just a laptop ... and no money?
JMO.

The step mum thought she'd be going to meet her boyfriend. Obviously not knowing he was at the dentist. I truly believe the answer lies closer to home from everything that I have read :( nothing adds up or makes any sense.

REBECCA'S LAST MOVEMENTS

Thursday Feb 19 10.30amBecky last seen by step mother

11.06am Best friend Courtney Bicker texts Becky. Becky reads the message but does not reply.

Later on Thursday Becky swaps text messages with boyfriend Luke

Friday Feb 20 4pm Becky reported missing to police

Monday Feb 22 9am Police issue first public appeal to find missing Becky

Tuesday Feb 23 Police renew appeal as father Darren pleads for her to come home

Today, Feb 25 10.30am Concerned neighbours launch public searches

3pm ‘Increasingly concerned’ police hold press conference to update media on the inquiry

4.30pm Forensic teams begin search of family home as Galsworthy's voluntarily leave.

Father Darren is then spotted helping second public search along with 100 neighbours

Right I'm gonna just say what I'm thinking...

It was half term last week, she could have been gone for hours/days.

I really want to know when she was last seen out of the house.

Seen that. Still don't believe it though. Why would someone voluntarily disappear with just their laptop and mobile phone but nothing else. No clothes, no make up, phone charger, toothbrush, bank card, purse. Not buying it unfortunately. The text was sent just a day before she disappeared. Could have been someone else using her phone...

We still don't know when anyone officially seen her other than her family...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea