Match! OH - Strongsville, WhtFem UP15394, 15-25, in Rocky River, Feb'75 - Linda Pagano

I'm assuming the skull was buried along with the rest of her remains. Other than that,I wouldn't doubt if it was used as a teaching model at the dental school. Unfortunately unless the ME finds something stating its whereabouts. If it's in the ground I was told there would likely be lengthy court proceedings as there is no next of kin. Basically, the county deciding if it's worth it to identify someone.

While browsing through the casefile, I saw the dental records for Carlene Brown. I know that Janet Franson (NamUs Regional Admin for Wyoming) is very interested in Carlene's case, and looking at Carlene's NamUs casefile, I noticed that no identifiers of any kind were available for Carlene.

So yesterday, I sent Janet a link to the Strongsville Jane Doe casefile, and pointed out that Carlene's dentals were contained therein.

This morning, Janet replied:

Holy cow Carl, do you know what you have FOUND????? I have been working on Carlene’s case, with NO LEA help at all, for over 3 years. I kept asking the Sheriff-who NEVER returned phone calls! For dental records, because Carlene was ADOPTED and there was no way to identify her! I am ON IT

I also suggested that she contact the new Regional Admin for Ohio and suggest that she create a UP casefile for the Strongsville Jane Doe.

Janet emailed me again this morning to say that they also didn't have dentals for Debra Kent, so they were able to get dental information for two MP's that they didn't have before.

She says that the dental info for both girls was posted to their NamUs casefiles this morning.

That's awesome. Makes you wonder how many other MPs' "lost" dental records and other information can actually be found in the files of unrelated cases, and how many matches could potentially be made if those records were recovered.

Just imagine: 3 missing persons cases and 3 UID cases solved by just trying to get one UID into NamUs. That's what thrills me the most.

The problem is I don't think Mill Stream Run existed back then. I think back then it was all Rocky River Reservation, but I should confirm that on Monday to be sure.

Here's why it matters - As you can see on the map, if it was all Rocky River reservation back then they could have been found five feet from each other or 15 miles apart. (Though I really think if it was 5 feet the Rangers would have been all over that for sure.) We don't know and none of the articles I've found about Melissa Hinke's case have shed any further light.

map2.jpg

It would be nice if they have the skull. I believe they have done facial busts from skulls.

I agree~~a reconstruction would be great to give her a "face" along with just details! It would be easier to share around the area to see if anyone remembered her or remembers someone who went missing in that timeframe!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is some information regarding the type of gun that was found in Allen county shortly before the recovery of the Strongsville UID remains. One reason it may be important..... Carlene Brown was missing from Wyoming. The origin of the gun may give some leads on the origin or path of the UID killer. However, my hesitation is that there is no indication in the case file that the appropriate tests were done to confirm whether the Allen county gun had anything to do with the death of the UID. I can't recall at the moment If a slug was recovered from the UID but I do recall that somewhere they said it was a 25 caliber. Were any slugs compared to determine if it was the murder weapon? Here is the link about this type of gun and where it was sold:

http://www.shootersforum.com/handguns/56604-anyone-heard-have-one-these.html

Also, there is something called bike week, though I can't tell if it's at the fairgrounds, or if it existed in 1975, or if it is bikes or "BIKES".

I’m pretty certain that bike week doesn’t have anything to do with bicycles. It does make you wonder if park rangers or LE had problems with bikers back then.

Just wish we knew if there was any clothing found at the time. This girl is someone I would regard as having Nordic features but the more I read about Nordic features, the more I become confused.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/sjoberg_catherine.html

I know, I know. Pretty bad that I am replying to my own quotes, but I just read more about this girl. There was a young couple abducted from the same place she was. They were found dead. Their killer got busted with DNA And confessed. That killer spent time in ohio and was convicted of three murders here. I think Wisconsin doesn't think he's responsible for Catherine's disappearance because he didn't confess to hers. REALLY. ???? Okay, whatever. I just think this girl is worth checking into because of the connection of this killer state to state. I just can't believe its co incidental that this girl and the young couple were abducted from the same place. Seems it's just an eight hour drive there to here. Some think that this guy could be responsible for up to 100 murders. (Wikipedia)

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2011/04/convicted_serial_killer_edward.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMR0715
Back