: February 23, 1997 from Shoshone, Idaho
Classification
: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth
: October 18, 1994
Height and Weight
: 2'6, 32 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics
: Biracial (Caucasian/Hispanic) male. Sandy blond hair, blue eyes. Felix has a scar on his right wrist.
Clothing/Jewelry Description
: A red sweatshirt, blue sweatpants with a stripe down the sides and brown hiking boots.

Details of Disappearance

Felix's stepfather was caring for him at the family's ranch in Shoshone, Idaho on the afternoon of February 23, 1997. Felix was last seen sitting in their front yard and drinking his bottle. His stepfather went inside the house for a moment to retrieve something and when he returned, Felix had disappeared.

It was initially theorized that Felix fell into a nearby river and drowned, but if so his remains were never located. Authorities believe he may have been kidnapped and sold. Felix's mother, who divorced her husband after Felix's 1997 disappearance, believes her husband's family was involved in his disappearance.

Felix's case remains unsolved. Little evidence is available in his case.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Lincoln County Sheriff's Office
208-886-2259

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/f/felix_ruben.html
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

Family of missing Idaho boy believes he may be in Mexico

Ruben Felix was last seen 18 years ago today, drinking his bottle on his family's front porch. The 2 1/2 year old apparently vanished after his step-father stepped inside momentarily.

Now, his family is going to review his file for the first time, the boy's aunt, Steaphanie Felix said Friday.

[snip]

Then-Chief Deputy Kevin Ellis (now the Lincoln County sheriff) told the paper that dogs tracked the boy's scent 200 yards. The trail began at the house where he was playing and led to an out building, across a corrugated potato field, up an embankment, over railroad tracks, down through a small pasture into the river where a footprint was found.

[snip]

His mother, Roseanna Mireles Ruben said, in a 2007, that someone claiming to be an FBI agent called her and said her son may have been kidnapped and sold. She suspected her former husband's family. In 2006, she said, she answered a call from a man claiming to be an agent on the case. He said he traced the boy to Guadalajara, Mexico, where he had been sold to a rich family, the man said.

"He told me to meet them at the FBI office in Twin," she said. "But I got there, and they didn't know what I was talking about. The FBI agent in Twin told me, 'Your case was a cold case for six years.'"

[snip]

Steaphanie and her family believes Ruben, who would be 20 years-old, is alive.

http://www.kboi2.com/news/local/Ruben-Felix-Missing-Idaho-293692111.html

Ruben Felix's file on Idaho's Cold Case site.

http://eastidahocoldcasesinc.com/eastcentral-idaho-missing-persons/felix-ruben-d-shoshone-idaho-1997/

Ruben went missing around 4:30 PM, but police weren’t called until the family searched and could not find him for approx. 2 hours. A few members of his step-father’s family left for Mexico the following day, which caused disagreements as to what actually happened to Ruben. According to family, the same people who left the ranch later had their van found burned out in Arizona, but they claimed it had nothing to do with Ruben being missing.

I gotta say... I think he just fell into the river amd drowned :(
I believe the same but, obviously for a 2 year old to walk that far tge stepfather didn't just leave him for a "moment".
Something more sinister could have happened and he could of got discarded in the river but the footprint makes me think accident. I know I would want to believe my son was out there somewhere instead of drown though. Poor mom :(

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

How would I find out if a person attended his parole hearing on February 24, 1997?
I know this man had a pre-hearing that day for a parole violation in December 1996, but I am uncertain whether or not he had to show up for the preliminary meeting or if an attorney could present on his behalf?
The actual hearing was a week later, he did not show up and a warrant was placed for arrest.

I have tried to find this information and have yet to succeed. This concerns Ruben Felix's case. I'd rather not post the name of the man publicly out of respect for the family. Is there a fellow websleuther who could help me out?
Or maybe you could tell me; is it mandatory for the defendant to be present at a pre-hearing parole meeting based on a parole violation?

Updated 10/9/19:

Ruben David Felix – The Charley Project

I believe the same but, obviously for a 2 year old to walk that far tge stepfather didn't just leave him for a "moment".

People in these situations always say it was a "moment" they took their eyes off the child, but I always have to wonder about that. Obviously they think it sounds bad to say it was really more like five or ten minutes; but on the other hand, if you aren't honest, people can't help. They need to know the true facts.

Updated 10/9/19:

Ruben David Felix – The Charley Project

People in these situations always say it was a "moment" they took their eyes off the child, but I always have to wonder about that. Obviously they think it sounds bad to say it was really more like five or ten minutes; but on the other hand, if you aren't honest, people can't help. They need to know the true facts.
I think the same you must say the truth to receive help the stepfather had something to do here I hope his conscience weighs on him ... I think I took him for a walk he met someone and sold him or gave him a gift ... there are very bad stepfathers ..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Veryinterested68
Back