VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 42

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with this. Most people in the profession she was in couldn't afford to take 1 or 2 trips a year... She took them often, and often at the expense of others. She lived, she used people. I firmly believe that the reason why she wanted Travis so bad was because she viewed him as having everything she had ever wanted. Nice home, nice car, abundance of friends, social life. She wanted to live that life.

I agree. She had a good life and had lots of people taking care of her and enjoying the high life.

It is for me.. Trying to keep my eyes open just in case lol

No, but you can nap too if you think it would help. :wink: Back in the day on prior cases, Steely would go take a nap and then something would always happen. I'm thinking if he shuts his eyes for just a few, we might get a verdict. :tantrum:

[video]http://www.spreecast.com/events/the-gold-patrol-chris-hughes-on-jodi[/video]

From Jen:
Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 39s40 seconds ago

2 female jurors are back from the break looking serious #jodiarias #3tvarias

As opposed to singing and dancing over the joy of a capital murder trial?

I feel he is cashing in on his friend's murder....this is just a time to be quiet and Wait for the verdict...not for intervieWs. Just my opinion...I don't knoW him.

How, Writing a book about his friend? That is not cashing in my mind. Not any more that anyone else that writes about the death of a loved one.

I agree with this. Most people in the profession she was in couldn't afford to take 1 or 2 trips a year... She took them often, and often at the expense of others. She lived, she used people. I firmly believe that the reason why she wanted Travis so bad was because she viewed him as having everything she had ever wanted. Nice home, nice car, abundance of friends, social life. She wanted to live that life.

So I am curious.. do you think she would have been a happy wife and mom with Travis? I find that hard to believe. Narcissists idolize their prey and then their prey inevitably disappoints them.. then the destruction begins. She never had a single normal relationship. MOO

How, Writing a book about his friend? That is not cashing in my mind. Not any more that anyone else that writes about the death of a loved one.

If the family doesn't want the book, then don't write it. Pretty simple in my mind.

I feel he is cashing in on his friend's murder....this is just a time to be quiet and Wait for the verdict...not for intervieWs. Just my opinion...I don't knoW him.

Aren't the proceeds of the book (and no I don't plan on buying it) going to a charity? I wouldn't exactly call that cashing in. I know many on here don't care for Chris & Skye, and I respect everyone's opinions.

No, but you can nap too if you think it would help. :wink: Back in the day on prior cases, Steely would go take a nap and then something would always happen. I'm thinking if he shuts his eyes for just a few, we might get a verdict. :tantrum:

Steely, no offense but do you knit?

Rest assured, she won't! No way will JSS give Jodi LWP. Although she bent over backwards for the Defense in this phase, she had to to preserve the conviction upon appeal. She would've done the same thing for any other defendant. She doesn't have positive feelings for Jodi. She's seen all the evidence, even the stuff too prejudicial for us to see.

Thank you. I respect your opinion. Knowing that you recognize how JSS often seemed to favor to the DT, I feel better about her not "giving in" to Jodi in the end.

JA didn't want to be a wife and mother with anyone. Getting married to someone just makes it even more difficult to leave when the money runs out. The only way I could see JA getting married is if it was to a very wealthy old man who had no other family to inherit the money/things when he died. The old man would have to be very sick with one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.

MOO

If the family doesn't want the book, then don't write it. Pretty simple in my mind.

Im sorry, They don't get to decide how other people grieve or remember their friend.

People tend to idealize family and friends of lost loved ones but they lived a real life with real experiences and people who loved them should be able to share their stories and grief IMO

I don't think JSS has a soft spot for Jodi but I am concerned about JSS's judgment. Altho there might not currently a mechanism for parole who is to say one day there won't be. What would happen if it changes in 25 or 35 years? I think there is a very very remote chance JSS would give her LWP. But I can't say 100% she won't because JSS has made some very unusual decisions in this case.

I thought life without parole automatic was for a murder committed today, but that CMJA will be sentenced with 2008 guidelines and that is why there is a possibility of JSS giving her LWP or LWOP. I thought if sentenced by today's guidelines she would be given LWOP without any choice. I still think JSS will give her LWOP. Although I do realize things change down the road. I just hope this murderer never gets out.

I have been following this trial since I first joined Websleuths and have found it to be a roller coaster ride in terms of emotions. Not contributed a great deal in the way of commentary as the time difference in my part of the world gets in the way of timely observation. However, I have greatly enjoyed reading the humorous asides, the incisive remarks, the legal opinions, and the commraderie of those who have contributed. This ardous journey has nearly ended and I would like to take the opportunity of thanking all my fellow 'Sleuthers for their companionship along the way. Let justice prevail!!!!

Anyone know if judge has to wait for the foreman to come forth and say that they are not close to a sentence or can the judge ask for a status on her own?

Either these jurors are major friggin' sleuthers like us, or someone is stuck on the idea poor diddums has a mental illness. IMO of course.

So I am curious.. do you think she would have been a happy wife and mom with Travis? I find that hard to believe. Narcissists idolize their prey and then their prey inevitably disappoints them.. then the destruction begins. She never had a single normal relationship. MOO

I think the only way she'd be happy is if she were getting her way every second of every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73