VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 42

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. I don't believe in the long run that she would have ever been content with it all. I believe to her its only about getting the things that she wants, but not putting in the effort to keep them if that makes any sense...

So I am curious.. do you think she would have been a happy wife and mom with Travis? I find that hard to believe. Narcissists idolize their prey and then their prey inevitably disappoints them.. then the destruction begins. She never had a single normal relationship. MOO

I think the only way she'd be happy is if she were getting her way every second of every day.

She loves to talk. For her the fact that she will not be talking to the press again will kill her. She likes to talk to her peeps.. GAG.

Aren't the proceeds of the book (and no I don't plan on buying it) going to a charity? I Wouldn't exactly call that cashing in. I know many on here don't care for Chris & Skye, and I respect everyone's opinions.

I believe that is What they have stated and that may be true...when I say "cashing in" it is more about just being in the public eye...his entire career is about getting himself out there with public speaking and other business ventures...he is good at it....all this exposure is not hurting his bottom line. He admitted the family (some) are not happy with his book...I think he should respect that. If the family wants to write a book that is okay by me...again just my opinion.

Anyone know if judge has to wait for the foreman to come forth and say that they are not close to a sentence or can the judge ask for a status on her own?

If she asks, it will become an appeal issue ("she was rushing them" etc.), so she needs to wait.

If only they could have seen JA against JM during cross examination. No weak meek victim there folks.

Steely - is it nap time? I remember the trial days when you would take a nap and then things would happen. zzzzzzz please.

I am having some medical problems today that are exhausting me. So I was thinking of napping soon anyway. :seeya: I'll be going soon, just gonna hold out a little longer.

great, not twitter is one big ad for jeff golds interview.

If the family doesn't want the book, then don't write it. Pretty simple in my mind.

He said some family members are all for it and can't wait to read it. Just not all of them.

No. I don't believe in the long run that she would have ever been content with it all. I believe to her its only about getting the things that she wants, but not putting in the effort to keep them if that makes any sense...

She would have run through any money he made in no time. Doubtful that she would have been making any of her own.

Do we know how long they'll deliberate today if no verdict is reached?

Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes
Think how torturous it must be for Jodi while she waits to learn her fate

It probably makes her feel special that at least someone is holding out on giving her the DP.

Just knowing that the jury is talking about her probably makes The Queen Of The Castle feel special.

I've been following Trial Jen on Twitter, and at around 1pm EDT someone asked her if she was worried about the two young blondes. She said no. Have those two been seen entering/leaving together? At this point I guess people do tend to read into everything. We are bored for news, lol.

I agree, CF. In the first trial, some body language 'experts' completely misread the jury. I remember speculation about the wonderful lady who mouthed 'sorry' to the family and friends of Travis when she walked out. They predicted (wrongly) that she was in favour of LWP Some suggested the the lady with the dark shoulder length hair was also a Life Without Parole chooser. Wrong again. Unanimous decisions are always going to be vunerable to stealth agenda jurors. I have no respect whatsoever for the foreman of the last jury. The Casey Anthony Jury were incompetent. No respect for the foreman there either. I hope the family, friends and supporters of Travis Alexander will have a jury decision that makes sense and delivers justice.

I agree with this. Most people in the profession she was in couldn't afford to take 1 or 2 trips a year... She took them often, and often at the expense of others. She lived, she used people. I firmly believe that the reason why she wanted Travis so bad was because she viewed him as having everything she had ever wanted. Nice home, nice car, abundance of friends, social life. She wanted to live that life.

She didn't have her own good life, though (said not in a snarky way)-she transported herself into other people's lives-she was a leech, using what each successive partner had. She used them all for their home, money, friends because she couldn't pull it off on her own. Nobody was going to take away from her what she'd managed to get, unless she left first-and she only did that once she moved on to someone else. Travis moved on-Jodi didn't, and that was what sealed his fate.

JA didn't want to be a wife and mother with anyone. Getting married to someone just makes it even more difficult to leave when the money runs out. The only way I could see JA getting married is if it was to a very wealthy old man who had no other family to inherit the money/things when he died. The old man would have to be very sick with one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.

MOO

and Jodi would learn to love bananas.

Aren't the proceeds of the book (and no I don't plan on buying it) going to a charity? I wouldn't exactly call that cashing in. I know many on here don't care for Chris & Skye, and I respect everyone's opinions.
They "hope" they can donate some to charity, whatever that means. They are entitled to do as they wish, as we are entitled to have an opinion about it (not directed at you.)

Okay, so this thread moves very quickly. You are all very amusing and I love your insights.

First post. I watched every day of OJ and have read crime stories since I was 12. I miss Court tv! Watched many a trial. After Tot mom I swore I would never watch again (call me bitter about that outcome....) and then I got sucked into poor Travis' demise. Watched with disgust as Nurmi and Wilma represented her fervently, though I know the chance of successful appeal is slim because of their representation. I have been appalled at the depths of Nurmi's tactics in this go round. Boomer who is just to the left of center, I do prefer she be given the ultimate punishment for her vicious, depraved crime. I do not want her to have any quality of life, including a tv and tweeting. She is a menace to society and most particularly to that poor Alexander family. I followed here and on FB during the trial and still am amazed at the support she receives.

I have been a clinical social worker and have worked with victims and their families. You don't need a degree to see who is NOT a DV victim in this case and who is, as you all have called it perfectly.

ps- I do have a crock pot, but I coupon and got super cheap frozen pizza for the kids tonight so I could be on here and I am having leftover turkey, squash, mashed p and carrots from our lovely sunday supper yesterday. All so I can be at the ready for the verdict if there is one.

I finally joined last week but just got posting rights last night. LOL

pss- I have no patience and am anxious for the jury to make their decision so the family can get on with their lives. What a never ending nightmare for them this has been.

This is out there but part of me wonders if some jurors construct the best time to deliver their verdict in high media profile cases. Monday or Tuesday is far better than Thursday or Friday, giving those jurors wishing to speak maximum exposure time before the weekend.

Okay, so this thread moves very quickly. You are all very amusing and I love your insights.

First post. I watched every day of OJ and have read crime stories since I was 12. I miss Court tv! Watched many a trial. After Tot mom I swore I would never watch again (call me bitter about that outcome....) and then I got sucked into poor Travis' demise. Watched with disgust as Nurmi and Wilma represented her fervently, though I know the chance of successful appeal is slim because of their representation. I have been appalled at the depths of Nurmi's tactics in this go round. Boomer who is just to the left of center, I do prefer she be given the ultimate punishment for her vicious, depraved crime. I do not want her to have any quality of life, including a tv and tweeting. She is a menace to society and most particularly to that poor Alexander family. I followed here and on FB during the trial and still am amazed at the support she receives.

I have been a clinical social worker and have worked with victims and their families. You don't need a degree to see who is NOT a DV victim in this case and who is, as you all have called it perfectly.

ps- I do have a crock pot, but I coupon and got super cheap frozen pizza for the kids tonight so I could be on here and I am having leftover turkey, squash, mashed p and carrots from our lovely sunday supper yesterday. All so I can be at the ready for the verdict if there is one.

I finally joined last week but just got posting rights last night. LOL

pss- I have no patience and am anxious for the jury to make their decision so the family can get on with their lives. What a never ending nightmare for them this has been.

Welcome!! :loveyou:

Chris and Sky Hughes are off limits here? Really??.....they and their relationship to Travis was a big part of portions of this retrial and the trial itself....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans