GUILTY CA - Justice Rees, 2 wks, Woodland, 24 Feb 2015

I saw the gun thing also... thought I looked this morning. How is it offline when dad is in jail.

His FB went offline about 9:45 this morning (my time so just over 2 hours ago). KCRA updated the video at 9:15 am so I don't know when the interview took place. The KCRA Twitter feed announced the interview around 8 am so about 4 hours ago or earlier.

No mention of him being released but that may not mean anything. Also, I guess he could have asked a friend or family member to take it off.

Another option would be if LE took it down. But if they did that implies a lot more than a simple misdemeanor issue.

His FB went offline about 9:45 this morning (my time so just over 2 hours ago). KCRA updated the video at 9:15 am so I don't know when the interview took place. The KCRA Twitter feed announced the interview around 8 am so about 4 hours ago or earlier.

No mention of him being released but that may not mean anything. Also, I guess he could have asked a friend or family member to take it off.

Another option would be if LE took it down. But if they did that implies a lot more than a simple misdemeanor issue.

Actually, that thought just crossed my mind. I also think some of Franks posts on SG's FB page have been deleted, like this morning? A woman who is married to a relative of his was giving it to him on there around the time he met SG.

"I'm torn apart inside," Green said. "He was my everything. He never left my side."

Of course he never 'left your side'....he was 2 wks old. Geeezzzzzz... [Sorry, but I am a bit impatient with Mom and Dad here]

Both parents are scheduled to appear in court this Wednesday at 11 am.

Unless he posts bail, Rees will be arraigned at 11 a.m. Wednesday in Yolo Superior Court’s Department 9 — the same place, date and time his fiancee, Samantha Green, is due for arraignment on suspicion of murdering Justice Rees.

http://www.davisenterprise.com/?p=538934&preview_id=538934

If the baby was abducted and she was drugged, how does she know the baby's head was not in the water? Please.

The baby was found on the other side of the slough across
from where SG was located, how did he get there? She was wet, baby wet when found.

http://www.kcra.com/news/local-news...ile-on-baby-justice-before-his-death/31574282

Even before Justice Rees was found dead along the Sacramento River near Knights Landing, officials had a case file on the infant.

The information on baby Justice's case file might indicate that workers with Child Welfare Services in Woodland had reason to suspect the baby was possibly abused, neglected or in a dangerous situation.

I had thought about this when the cops said they did not contact CPS. I fgured that was clever wordplay because they did not have to contact CPS as CPS already had a file going (as reports are this FR's previous children had a history with CPS).

Now as of yet, i have only seen FR's mother as being a completely devoted and loving caregiver. I also have no bad feelings about SG's parents from reports about them. They all appear normal, caring and responsible people.

http://www.kcra.com/news/local-news...ile-on-baby-justice-before-his-death/31574282

Even before Justice Rees was found dead along the Sacramento River near Knights Landing, officials had a case file on the infant.

The information on baby Justice's case file might indicate that workers with Child Welfare Services in Woodland had reason to suspect the baby was possibly abused, neglected or in a dangerous situation.

Thanks for this info, makes the case even sadder to me. Too bad meth doesn't make you sterile.

Father's timeline of life
2010 Stole guns from dad and arrested
Feb 2012: posts pic of release from rehab (which I think was part of release from jail)
June 2013 Posts he is in a new relationship (with "A")
Sept 2013 : Post he is married to "A", while others question if this is true, if he is still married to "St" (He has kids with St and it appears his mother has custody of them, seeing as he has been in jail and St has issues of her own)
March 2014: Arrested for driving with suspended license. License was suspended for DUI
April/May 2014 Meets, impregnates SG
Feb 2015 Baby born, dies, SG arrested, FR arrested,
April/May 2014 post that he is in a relationship with SG.

Thank you for compiling this.

Father's timeline of life
2010 Stole guns from dad and arrested
Feb 2012: posts pic of release from rehab (which I think was part of release from jail)
June 2013 Posts he is in a new relationship (with "A")
Sept 2013 : Post he is married to "A", while others question if this is true, if he is still married to "St" (He has kids with St and it appears his mother has custody of them, seeing as he has been in jail and St has issues of her own)
March 2014: Arrested for driving with suspended license. License was suspended for DUI
April/May 2014 Meets, impregnates SG
Feb 2015 Baby born, dies, SG arrested, FR arrested,
April/May 2014 post that he is in a relationship with SG.

Yes, thank you from me too! Kind of paints a sorry picture of the life Justice was born into. Also, He married SMS on April 1, 2007. There's a little more but it can't be shared here.

And not that I'm keeping track, lol but The is up to $425. When will people learn? :mad: Thank goodness it's still a far cry from the $120,000 bail money.

I had a horrible feeling that baby Justice may have been a meth baby or some other drug. Poor thing didn't have a chance and it breaks my heart.

FWIW, you can see live newscasts on KCRA at this link:

http://www.kcra.com/nowcast

In between live newscasts it replays the latest news report. Right now it starts with the interview with FR. I don't know how long that'll last but it's worth watching for some beautiful pics and video of Justice - and sheriff Prieto's comments.

Reporter: The sheriff tells KCRA the timing is not ideal but after what he's learned during the investigation, his heart only aches for the baby. He goes on to say details will be revealed during the course of the hearing.

Prieto: You know I have so much information on this young man it's hard for me to be extraordinarily sympathetic.

Ya gotta love this sheriff. I think he just can't wait to share the details of this case with the community.

Justice tested positive for meth at his birth:

Justice Rees, the 20-day-old infant found dead in a Yolo County slough thicket last week, was born with methamphetamine in his system, his paternal grandmother said Monday.
Sources said Justice, who was born full-term on Feb. 5 at Kaiser Roseville Hospital, was kept in neo-natal intensive care for five days to make sure the drugs were out of his system. Green and the baby's father, 29-year-old Frank Rees, and grandparents Patty Rees and her husband met with Child Protective Services to make what sources called a safety plan before bringing Justice home.

Statement from FR's mother:

It is true that baby Justice was born with meth in his system. Samantha and Justice immediately became a CPS case. CPS met with frank and Samantha and my husband and I. We put together a safety plan together since they live with us. Following that meeting both parents tested clean. Sammi and frank were adjusting to being parents of a newborn. This was Samantha's first baby.

http://www.news10.net/story/news/lo...by-justice-born-with-meth-in-system/24289737/

UGGHHH. I am surprised they let them take the baby home. 5 days clean is NOT ENOUGH TIME. grrrrrrrrrrrr So sorry Sweet Justice. RIP :rose:

For once I'm not sure CPS dropped the ball. Justice was released to a home where the father and grandparents were present and a safety plan was in place. That's very different from sending a baby home with a single meth head mom or two meth head parents.

While I agree with katydid23 that mom should have been monitored longer I don't think anyone could have predicted that the adults in the house would be unable to keep SG under control. Sadly, I'm learning that in most cases keeping an addict from their drug of choice is impossible.

I'm so angry - I just want to run around and bite furniture. My empathy is used up and all I hope for is that Samantha Green doesn't leave prison until after menopause. And I'll refrain from saying what I'd like to see happen with Frank's man parts...

For once I'm not sure CPS dropped the ball. Justice was released to a home where the father and grandparents were present and a safety plan was in place. That's very different from sending a baby home with a single meth head mom or two meth head parents.

While I agree with katydid23 that mom should have been monitored longer I don't think anyone could have predicted that the adults in the house would be unable to keep SG under control. Sadly, I'm learning that in most cases keeping an addict from their drug of choice is impossible.

I'm so angry - I just want to run around and bite furniture. My empathy is used up and all I hope for is that Samantha Green doesn't leave prison until after menopause. And I'll refrain from saying what I'd like to see happen with Frank's man parts...

SG should not have been given thr responsibility of picking the other kids up from school and having the newborn alone with her away from the home. She was newly clean from meth---not at all recovered from her addiction.

Although she shoulders the blame, I wish the family had not given her the opportunity to do this ugly tragic thing. What good is a 'safety plan' if mom is running around town getting 'bad drugs' while in charge of her newborn baby? :furious:

I get so angry because I know several wonderful couples who are yearning, praying and wishing to be parents. And any and all of them would have taken that sweet baby boy and loved and cared for him in a heartbeat. Sometimes 'reunification' is an epic fail, imo.

I was puzzled about the fact that she was supposed to pick up the other kids. After all, she had a c-section, a fragile newborn and a signifigant issue with drugs. I know that i didnt drive for like a month after my c-section and i certainly didn't go visiting all on my own to go show him off and care for 4 other kids.

I think that she had to pick up the 4 kids because she was using the family's only car that was big enough to transport all the kids. But she should have NEVER been allowed to take that baby out alone seeing as he was born with meth in his system and she is responsible for that. THAT tells me she does NOT have the proper maternal responses that are required to care for a fragile infant.

Sadly, i had read all of the facebooks of the families and knew this was going to be the outcome. I just could not say it until it became public record but yeah, it was obvious that these 2 parents had no business with a tiny, fragile newborn.

SG should not have been given thr responsibility of picking the other kids up from school and having the newborn alone with her away from the home. She was newly clean from meth---not at all recovered from her addiction.

Although she shoulders the blame, I wish the family had not given her the opportunity to do this ugly tragic thing. What good is a 'safety plan' if mom is running around town getting 'bad drugs' while in charge of her newborn baby? :furious:

I get so angry because I know several wonderful couples who are yearning, praying and wishing to be parents. And any and all of them would have taken that sweet baby boy and loved and cared for him in a heartbeat. Sometimes 'reunification' is an epic fail, imo.

I hear ya - one of my daughters is in that position and yes, in a heartbeat.

I'm not a big supporter of reunification, mainly because... well, it often fails. I also have a problem with placing a child with a close family member since logic says the core problem comes from family dysfunction so why let the child be raised in those same circumstances.

At the same time there are mountains of horror stories about abusive foster parents. I'm not saying all foster parents are abusive - I'm saying a lack of qualified applicants (and funds) means that there are cracks in the screening process.

But in this case Justice should have had a fighting chance and I agree that the family in toto failed him - either through ignorance or denial about SG's behavior. Honestly, as you point out, it's hard to imagine that the grandparents weren't hypervigilant about SG, especially since CPS was involved. No, I don't blame them, I blame her and the choices she made but still, the end result makes me feel like there's been a paradigm shift in priorities in modern families.

Baby Justice went home to a house with a mother, father and grandparents - two sets of grandparents and an aunt if you include SG's parents and sister who didn't live with them but seemed to be emotionally involved - yet he wasn't spared suffering a cold, confusing and painful death.

Let me get this straight...

Justice spent 5 days - out of the 20 (ETA: 19 days) days he had on this earth - in NICU being weaned off the crystal meth in his system?

So much failure... so many questions.

Without getting banned, I will just say...

By the Grace of whatever any of us believe in... those four children were not picked up from school that day. No thanks to ANY of the adults who allowed this woman to be within reaching distance of ANY of them. We could easily be looking at an even bigger tragedy.

I am eagerly waiting on more details about this lovely "meeting" and "safety plan" that was so easily accepted and agreed upon in order for not only CPS to allow Justice to be within the same home as this woman... but for the grandparents to even fathom allowing this woman to ever step foot back into their home at all?

I'm walking away before I get into trouble.

R.I.P. Justice

I am not sold on the idea that most courts have, i.e that the goal should generally be to reunite babies/children with birth parents. Imo, matching DNA alone means very little in the scheme of things. Does not equip one to parent. Does not prove love. Does not indicate responsibility. Far too many cases where children are returned to parents, or parents are given access, to children who evidently end up dead. Jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back