MT MT - Robyn Pettinato, 14, Whitefish, 5 July 1975

I recently had a conversation with one of the original detectives involved with Robyn's disappearance. What I found was that it is possible that Robyn ran away, found her way back east where she later met up with a boyfriend that she was involved with from Montana. It is possible that they had two children, a boy and a girl. When that relationship dissolved and Robyn possibly went to the west coast, leaving the children behind,where she could be now. In a brief conversation with the acting detective I asked if there was a DNA test done on the two children, he did not have an answer at that time. I need to emphasize that ALL of this is theory! But there is a remote chance that Robyn is still alive.

Richard, I don't understand why you think all these cases of missing girls are linked to PA and Maryland when there is nothing to prove that. All those cases can't be linked and I would venture to say that they are not. I don't understand the obsession to find a connection.​
I have never said that all of these cases are linked. I have suggested that some of them might be. Many of the cases that I have posted or discussed have similarities in victimology, location, circumstances, time frame, etc.

Any time a case might have had a sexual element (some of these definitely do, while it is not known about others) one has to consider the possibility that the perpetrator might be a serial offender and that he might have committed similar crimes before or after. Finding a connection between cases might help to solve them.

http://www.dailyinterlake.com/membe...cle_023fc068-22b9-11e5-b147-7f1028c06f43.html

A recent article on Robyn's disappearance published in the local papaer

Just jumping off your post.

I see that Ted Bundy was likely responsible for the disappearance of a 12 year old in Pocatello, ID the month before Robin vanished. Could he have been responsible for this disappearance as well?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?285630-ID-Lynette-Culver-12-Pocatello-6-May-1975

Just jumping off your post.

I see that Ted Bundy was likely responsible for the disappearance of a 12 year old in Pocatello, ID the month before Robin vanished. Could he have been responsible for this disappearance as well?

Bundy is listed as a potential suspect in the disappearance of Nancy Baird. She was last seen on July 4, 1975 or 24 hours before Robyn disappeared. Google Maps says its a 9 hour drive today, which seems like a stretch to link him to both. Although they haven't said how sure they are that Bundy is responsible for Baird's disappearance.

Where was Bundy living at the time? Whitefish is not that far off one of the more common routes from the Salt Lake City area where Nancy Baird disappeared to the Pacific Northwest.

Didn't know this site existed. Robyn was my first cousin. I think of her often!

If there is anything you can share at all, any thoughts or anything about her at the time she went missing, like her hobbies and interests or any activities she had going on at the time, we'd be grateful. Thank you for checking in.

I'm super curious if Randall Bachman is responsible. Seeing as he killed the two young girls in Marion, then 4 years later attempted to rape a 19year old outside of Glacier National Park. Things like this are very uncommon here in the FLathead Valley,even today. And the fact that Nancy Kirkpatrick went missing from Columbia Falls less than a year alternate is sketchy. I feel like if either Nancy or Robin went missing then they would have taken no more with them??

I live in the valley now, and my mom was a few years younger than Robin. She said it shook her that they never found her.

MT – Robyn Ann Pettinato, W/F, 14, Whitefish, Flathead County, 05 Jul 1975

Robyn Ann Pettinato

Capture.JPG

Missing From: Whitefish, Flathead County, Montana

Physical/Clothing/Medical
Race:
White
Sex: Female
DOB: 11/12/1960
Height: 5’0”” (60”)
Weight: 100 lbs.
Hair: Brown, Shoulder Length
Eye Color: Blue
Clothing: Cut off jean shorts, tan patterned halter top, no shoes
Jewelry:
Characteristics
/Medical/Scars:
Transportation:
Fingerprint Status
: Not Available
Dental Status: Available
DNA Status: Available

Circumstances:
Robyn was last seen the morning of July 5th walking barefoot along West 2nd Street going to a friend’s house (2) doors north from her home.

Robyn was never heard nor seen again, she left all her personal possession including her diary behind.

Robyn’s boyfriend was subjected to a polygraph test as part of the investigation he passed.

What Happened to Robyn... its been 43 years and still no answers!!

Investigating Agencies:
Whitefish Police Department
275 Flathead Avenue
Whitefish, MT. 59937
Tele: 406.863.2420
MP Case # MP070575
Web: FAQs | Whitefish Police Department

Flathead County Sheriff’s Office
800 South Main Street
Kalispell, MT. 59901
Tele: 406.758.5610
Web: Flathead County Sheriff's Office | Protecting and Serving the Citizens of Flathead County

NCMEC # NCMC1047563
Have you seen this child? ROBYN PETTINATO

Information Sources:
NAMUS
MP Case # 4646: Missing Person Case
Case Manager: Jessica Hager
Tele: 817.374.2765
E-Mail: Jessica.Hager@unthsc.edu

Montana Dept of Justice, Missing Persons Clearinghouse
Missing Person Details - Montana Department of Justice

The Doe Network
MP Case # 2554DFMT - The Doe Network: Case File 2554DFMT

The Charley Project - Robyn Ann Pettinato – The Charley Project

News
07/04/15 – The Daily Inter Lake, Without a Trace
09/05/75 – The Daily Inter Lake, Search Continues
07/31/75 – Whitefish Pilot

It is possible that some of the missing and murdered girls mentioned in the previous posts could have been victims of Ted Bundy. In the 1974-1975 time frame, he was doing quite a lot of traveling and killing in the northwest. While most of his known or suspected victims were in Washington State, Utah, and Colorado --- He was also suspected of killing in Idaho and Montana by some LE.

The investigator of the case was contacted by police in Florida who said that she fit the Bundy-victim profile.

Attachments

• September 11 1994 Page 23 The Independent Record.JPG
    September 11 1994 Page 23 The Independent Record.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 10
Robyn Ann Pettinato
  • robyn_ann_pettinato_1.jpg
Robyn, circa 1975
  • Missing Since 07/05/1975
  • Missing From Whitefish, Montana
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • SexFemale
  • RaceWhite
  • Date of Birth11/12/1960 (59)
  • Age 14 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'0, 100 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A tan patterned halter top, cut-off denim shorts and no shoes.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes. Robyn's hair was shoulder-length at the time of her disappearance.
Details of Disappearance
Robyn went to watch a softball game in Whitefish, Montana on July 5, 1975. She was walking on west Second Street towards a softball field, en route to a residence just two houses down from her own. She has never been heard from again.

Authorities and Robyn's family don't believe she ran away: she wasn't having any problems at home, she left her purse behind and she wasn't even wearing shoes when she went missing.

She kept a regular diary up until she disappeared; it was also left behind. Police read the diary but weren't able to learn any possible reason for her disappearance. Authorities questioned her boyfriend, and he passed a polygraph and isn't considered a suspect in her case.

Less than a year after Robyn went missing, another teen girl, Nancy Kirkpatrick, disappeared from a town about ten miles from Whitefish. She has never been found. It's theorized that there's some connection between the two cases, but this hasn't been proven.

Since Robyn's disappearance, there hasn't been any activity on her Social Security number. Her parents are both deceased, but she left behind two brothers and a sister who are searching for her. Her case remains unsolved.

LINK:

Robyn Ann Pettinato – The Charley Project

There are 15 rule outs for Robyn the last one was in 2014.
UP6482
12/30/1979
Frederick
VA
UP4370
08/26/1980
Los Angeles
CA
UP6249
11/14/1980
Rockingham
VA
UP6259
04/22/1981
Lawrence
OH
UP6485
02/11/1982
Prince William
VA
UP6796
11/18/1985
Alleghany
VA
UP2607
07/31/1988
Monroe
NY
UP1458
12/10/1988
Monmouth
NJ
UP6661
02/03/1991
Stafford
VA
UP8493
12/06/1993
Fairfax
VA
UP6279
12/18/1996
Fairfax
VA
UP6279
12/18/1996
Fairfax
VA
UP8419
01/16/2001
Isle of Wight
VA
UP9978
10/13/2010
Pierce
WA
UP12683
06/06/2014
Newport News
VA

Also found this entry in NamUs that could be a possible but the height is a little off of course it is only an estimate and could be off anyway. The date is a littler further out than I would expect but anything is possible I suppose. This decedent was also very possibly wearing shorts as they were found nearby Robyn was also wearing shorts the last time she was seen.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back