VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 44

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Cathy:
Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 14s14 seconds ago

Alexanders have left the 5th floor. #jodiarias

What time do they usually break for lunch ?

I hope the DP voters are reminding and showing the others how this killer planned this slaughter, which dragged in her own grandparents FGS, and executed it for weeks. This wasn't a snap decision-- this was pure evil.

I'm so sad for the A family-- may peace touch their hearts in whatever way it can.

There really is no racial bias, to be honest. I've seen people of many different races speak about the death penalty. It's mostly Caucasian people who protest it. It's Caucasian people working for the Innocence Project. It's a myth to be honest, that African American people are against the death penalty. An African American can be just as disgusted by the murder of a Caucasian person too. That's pretty racist, imo.
No, you misunderstood. Not that more AAs are against the DP, but are incarcerated or executed. Thanks.

eta
http://www.amnestyusa.org/our-work/...us-death-penalty-facts/death-penalty-and-race

I do not want to insert the race card and detract from this thread. I was merely agreeing with Oceanblueeyes that young, attractive white women are treated differently in the justice system, and added that Black males fare the worst. I apologize if my post was not clear. Again, this is the Alexander's day and I am not wanting to detract from that.

Yep she surely earned her "stripes" too!! Keeping my fingers crossed for DP Today!!

I honestly don't think so. She's been handled, basically, with kid gloves the last 7 years. The goal is to get through trial, and finally sentencing without some sort of big problem.
All that goes out the window when she's sent to prison. And because she's kind of used to more attention, I think it will be especially easy for her to be tremendously annoying immediately. A new, snooty entitled prisoner might find her experience...difficult. :)
She'll adapt and blend in fairly quickly, it's the trait of manipulating psycho murderers. . . heaven forbid she has money coming in, she'll buy her way up the ranks to Queen Bee (like someone else said) in no time. jmo

image.jpg

Justice for Travis

From Katie:
Katie Conner ‏@KatieJConner · 34s34 seconds ago

8 jurors just walked out deliberation room #JodiArias #abc15

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 · 31s31 seconds ago

8 jurors just walked out of deliberation room and got on the elevator. #JodiArias

PER BK: Eight jurors just "walked out", she did not clarify whether she thought it was for lunch or a break

What time do they usually break for lunch ?

Just saw this from Jen:
Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 1m1 minute ago

8 jurors have left for lunch #jodiarias #3tvarias

I think it good they are still deliberating. Perhaps they can reach a decision after all

There really is no racial bias, to be honest. I've seen people of many different races speak about the death penalty. It's mostly Caucasian people who protest it. It's Caucasian people working for the Innocence Project. It's a myth to be honest, that African American people are against the death penalty. An African American can be just as disgusted by the murder of a Caucasian person too. That's pretty racist, imo.
And then there's OJ who claimed racial bias, yet the criminal trial was held in downtown L.A. with a jury of majority blacks who were only too eager to free him...

Here's something to revive you during the lunch hour. It's bound to make you feel better!

[video=youtube;hMc8naeeSS8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMc8naeeSS8[/video]

I haven't been able to follow much the last couple of days and certainly haven't read all the posts, but some random thoughts from what I did see:

1. If a juror has chosen "life," that does not mean he or she lied in voir dire! For starters, there are potentially mitigating factors that were stipulated to exist by both parties: Jodi was 27 at the time of the offense, had no criminal history, and is mentally ill. A juror could determine one or more of those factors warrants leniency, while still being a genuinely death-qualified juror who properly accepted the decisions of the prior jury.

2. I think we all agree JSS did a poor job of controlling her courtroom and has a secrecy problem. But those of you saying she should not have "allowed" the defense to tell "lies," etc., are just engaging in a Judge Judy fantasy. Judges are not permitted to exclude evidence from trial just because it seems like a bunch of horrible lies to them. The jury gets to make that decision, not the judge.

3. I keep reading that there are "so many things this jury doesn't know." I can't think of even one important thing that didn't come out in this phase. What are these things? The only UNimportant one that even comes to mind is that Jodi had a gun hidden in the engine compartment (?) of her rental car when she was arrested and IIRC a box of kitchen knives that she said were Darryl's.

From Katie:
Katie Conner ‏@KatieJConner · 34s34 seconds ago

8 jurors just walked out deliberation room #JodiArias #abc15

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 · 31s31 seconds ago

8 jurors just walked out of deliberation room and got on the elevator. #JodiArias

There definitely seems to be an 8 to 4 divide :(

Which if true Im surprised they're still deliberating???

I believe you are right about 2 or 3. They are very close, I feel, as they continue to work as they believe that they can still get there. I really have to hand it to them, they are NOT giving up easily. I would say that Jodi is very, very nervous at this point.

heard on radio this morning someone talking about a totally different case but they said that they (jurors) are not giving the death penalty or killing someone...the criminal did this to themselves and they (jurors) are just following the law to give them that sentence.

Sure wish the jurors would bring up this line of thinking because it is so right....problem is some are going to feel they personally are killing someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member