VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 44, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno about her becoming a DP icon-- honestly whatever the verdict, I think she'll just fade away. We're a fickle audience and there will be yet another tragic case that will capture our attn. Scott Peterson just faded away, along with many others.

Oh, I believe she'll TRY to keep our attn, but we'll move on. And then she will be forever haunted by her fate and what she did.

Same thing with that FL family-- altho we're not healed b/c of the murder & acquittal, they just faded away and we quit chasing them. So when the lights are low and their minds are trailing off into slumber before nite nite, I hope they hear Caylee's sweet voice and it haunts them all forever.

I've seen a few trials at verdict time but the cameras usually block out the jurors so I dont recall being able to watch how they react when they walk in.

I agree with the previous poster that most of them likely try to avoid any direct eye contact with either side. This is because no matter which verdict they choose, they know both sides are watching them all closely.
I am pretty certain most all of them try to stay neutral and not let it show how they voted.

The verdict gets read rather quickly once they re-enter the courtroom and I have heard their voices. They all usually respond firmly with their acknowledgements with the verdict as each one is asked if they agree with the verdict that was just read.

They usually poll each juror after reading the verdict....in this case that will be interesting as clearly it is not secret that one or more are holding out....sometimes one can detect in their voice the drama and struggle they had to go with the majority. Of course none of this with hung.

It's also possible that people on the jury did or didn't lie about what they know about the case, either by Google or watching the news. Or maybe this jury actually doesn't know much at all and wants to examine the evidence before they decide on death. I don't know.

Yes. They could have taken a vote the first day...it wasn't unanimous so they are going through the evidence.
I think the foreman of this jury may be determined that this jury will work til a verdict is reached. They could have hung yesterday but they did not. That was a bad sign for Nurmi IMO

You make a good point. I think the defense might have convinced a couple of jurors that she is mentally ill. I don't believe it. I feel a little optomistic,because they didn't give up yesterday so maybe their verdict is more unanimous then when the day before. The main reason I want the DP is because I want her to spent the rest of her life alone in a cell.

She likely is mentally ill, but that doesn't mean a whole lot. Mentally ill generally doesn't make you premeditate and cover up a savage murder. Most people know someone who is mentally ill, so they understand this from experience. And it was ruled that Jodi can tell right from wrong. In fact, in the specific mental illness category, she is very low on the spectrum (a little depression from being behind bars, that's all). She has a personality disorder of some sort, but the one she is diagnosed with has a low susceptibility to homicide, and a much higher one for suicide. BPD doesn't make you kill people.

I do wonder why you cannot subscribe though, it makes it harder to find it. I guess only media can? I dunno.. It's a great list.

Yay! :) I was about to suggest it might have been a temporary block because you tried to join, instead of just follow them, and now I have for any others with the same concern.

His strategy was not court-appointed.

You know most of us that watched the first trial could not stand Nurmi...everything about him was more or less repulsive especially his words and how he delivered them. So time goes along he changes his appearance.....from what I understand he interviewed the last jurors (those that were willing) and received feedback on what worked and what did not in terms of best case for his client. I read where that very questionable foreman provided lots of tips to Nurmi for this phase...I think one can conclude he was smarter this time and this is what the jury is going by...in order to temper expectations here for the DP one must consider if his new approach could have worked on some of these jurors...judging from the time taken here I think it did. Also I did not follow tweets much on this phase but it seems Nurmi took much more of this phase and I heard little about willmot...did the other jury say they just did not like here at all? And after all the dust is settled here and Nurmi tried for the 100th time to get off most taking heads on various media outlets think Nurmi's practice will be very busy if he avoids the dp for his client...just the way it goes!!

She likely is mentally ill, but that doesn't mean a whole lot. Mentally ill generally doesn't make you premeditate and cover up a savage murder. Most people know someone who is mentally ill, so they understand this from experience. And it was ruled that Jodi can tell right from wrong. In fact, in the specific mental illness category, she is very low on the spectrum (a little depression from being behind bars, that's all). She has a personality disorder of some sort, but the one she is diagnosed with has a low susceptibility to homicide, and a much higher one for suicide. BPD doesn't make you kill people.

She was in fact found to be competent to stand trial, so I don't get why this "mental illness" after the crime was even given any merit, it's not like any of even the DT "experts" ever found her to have been suffering from undetected and therefore untreated schizophrenia, which would have been a viable defense.

I kind of wonder if someone might say they are in favor of the DP when they are actually ANTI in order to get on a DP case and sabotage the verdict. No one would ever know. Not that that is the case, but I am sure it has happened in the past.

and yes that would be a stealth juror and believe me I bet it happens more often than you can imagine..not necessarily a fan of Jodi but rather morally against dp and doing their "duty"....it is not difficult to get on a jury...not difficult to know what the right answers are during the "voir dire" process.

I do wonder why you cannot subscribe though, it makes it harder to find it. I guess only media can? I dunno.. It's a great list.

I'm actually glad not everyone can subscribe, it keeps the extra comments to a dull roar... though there's still one or two that I wish I could block on some days... I don't really want to read about non "Jodi Arias Trial Live" stuff when I'm trying to follow this trial by tweet. Even the constant self promos gets quite annoying, even if they don't do it quite so much during live court.

You know most of us that watched the first trial could not stand Nurmi...everything about him was more or less repulsive especially his words and how he delivered them. So time goes along he changes his appearance.....from what I understand he interviewed the last jurors (those that were willing) and received feedback on what worked and what did not in terms of best case for his client. I read where that very questionable foreman provided lots of tips to Nurmi for this phase...I think one can conclude he was smarter this time and this is what the jury is going by...in order to temper expectations here for the DP one must consider if his new approach could have worked on some of these jurors...judging from the time taken here I think it did. Also I did not follow tweets much on this phase but it seems Nurmi took much more of this phase and I heard little about willmot...did the other jury say they just did not like here at all? And after all the dust is settled here and Nurmi tried for the 100th time to get off most taking heads on various media outlets think Nurmi's practice will be very busy if he avoids the dp for his client...just the way it goes!!

Something definitely changed this time around. He was fired up for some reason. JMOO, I believe he truly believes their was *advertiser censored* on the computer and it was erased. Maybe when this is over, he will speak out. I would like for him to tell the whole truth. As far as the *advertiser censored* goes, for me, it didn't matter. Most likely, moo, any *advertiser censored* was probably watched by both JA and TA to incorporate into their sex life. Again JMOO.

She was in fact found to be competent to stand trial, so I don't get why this "mental illness" after the crime was even given any merit, it's not like any of even the DT "experts" ever found her to have been suffering from undetected and therefore untreated schizophrenia, which would have been a viable defense.

IMO it's because of recent successful cases where mentally ill people had their death sentences reduced. Anti DP organizations have been highlighting this.

and yes that would be a stealth juror and believe me I bet it happens more often than you can imagine..not necessarily a fan of Jodi but rather morally against dp and doing their "duty"....it is not difficult to get on a jury...not difficult to know what the right answers are during the "voir dire" process.
This kind of stuff upsets me so much. If someone is anti-dp, fine, join the cause and speak out and write to representatives etc whatever. But to get oneself on a jury and torment and further victimize the family is revolting.

JMHO

All the mental stuff, PTSD, BPD wouldn't effect my decision. She knew right from wrong.

IMO she's isn't mentally ill; she has a personality disorder: sociopathy.

If Ms Arias gets the DP we can all sit and watch her mental illness grow into a monster. if she'd havelet them I think her defense team would have hit the mental illness button hard.

Whoo whoo.....snow day :happydance:

All the mental stuff, PTSD, BPD wouldn't effect my decision. She knew right from wrong.

IA hopefully one way or another today is the day.

Oh and is everyone hung over :giggle:

I agree 100%.. she knew exactly what she was doing and is milking it for all of the attention she can get. If attention was what she wanted she should have
jumped over the Falls when she and Travis were in Niagara.

I goggled this evening the number of death row inmates put to death in 2014 in the USA. You may want to check, it is a very small number and fyi a lwop inmate is less expensive to the taxpayers, so while you may all wish to waste more money, the chance if her ever being executed on death row in AZ is slim......jmo

I don't want Jodi to be put to death. I want her to have to live in solitary confinement and not have all the privileges that inmates can earn if they are given a life sentence. IMO she has not earned the right to be in the general population. She has never felt one second of remorse. She considers the fact that she butchered him to death to be a great accomplishment. She continues to assassinate his character. She takes great pride in upsetting his siblings. Let her exercise by herself instead of with a dozen or so other female inmates. Let her food be given to her through a slot in the door. She doesn't deserve to eat in the cafeteria. I'm sick of people thinking that she has been abused and is some sweet little innocent "girl." They're doing that because of all of Nurmi's lies and the lies of all of the defense team's so-called experts. Those experts either knew that most of what Jodi said were lies, or they were dumber than dirt. I feel that there are some people who are letting Jodi manipulate them the same way she manipulated many people in her life. What has she shown or said during this or the last trial that makes you believe she deserves a decent life in prison? This has been her life out of prison: reading, tracing pictures, writing in her journals, living off other people's money, looking in the mirror to put on makeup or fix her hair, eating, manipulating people, etc. The only difference prison will make is that she can't come and go as she pleases. She won't get to see most of those 1,000 places.

Though it is a "list" so I don't believe comments are available anyways. It's just a list of tweeters tweets. Even the people on the list cannot post directly on the page, as the page is just listing all the tweets they are posting on their page. Does that even make sense? lol

I'm actually glad not everyone can subscribe, it keeps the extra comments to a dull roar... though there's still one or two that I wish I could block on some days... I don't really want to read about non "Jodi Arias Trial Live" stuff when I'm trying to follow this trial by tweet. Even the constant self promos gets quite annoying, even if they don't do it quite so much during live court.

L
I dunno about her becoming a DP icon-- honestly whatever the verdict, I think she'll just fade away. We're a fickle audience and there will be yet another tragic case that will capture our attn. Scott Peterson just faded away, along with many others.

Oh, I believe she'll TRY to keep our attn, but we'll move on. And then she will be forever haunted by her fate and what she did.

Same thing with that FL family-- altho we're not healed b/c of the murder & acquittal, they just faded away and we quit chasing them. So when the lights are low and their minds are trailing off into slumber before nite nite, I hope they hear Caylee's sweet voice and it haunts them all forever.
I agree about Casey and family. I remember reading an article a few months back that Casey's life is pretty miserable now. From what I know about Perryvile,it's a horrible place with no AC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151