LA LA - Carol Cole, 17, Shreveport, Dec 1980

http://woodtv.com/2015/02/23/possible-person-of-interest-in-cold-case-murder-of-kzoo-woman/

Authorities in Louisiana may have a person of interest in the cold case murder of a Kalamazoo woman killed more than three decades ago...

KATC-TV reports investigators are now interviewing a man named John Chesson as a person of interest in the disappearance of Carol. They say he was one of the original hunters who discovered the body.

Chesson is already serving life in prison for the murder of another woman found stabbed to death in 1997.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2015/03/missing_person_bossier_doe_car.html

In the old black and white photo, the young girl seated the front pew stares down at what looks like a softbound Bible. The hem of her black dress flops over her crossed knees. Her mouth is open slightly, as are the mouths of others in nearby pews. Maybe they are reciting a verse? Singing a hymn?

When Linda "Jeanie" Phelps saw the photograph taken at New Bethany Home for Girls in Arcadia, she had to lie down. Could it be her long-lost sister, she wondered? She pulled a few old photos for comparison. It looked like her. It really looked like her. Her mind spun. And then she decided to stop. Just slow down. Try not to think about it... Don't jump to conclusions before we even know if the girl found in the woods of north Louisiana is your sister...

Still waiting on positive ID.

The Bossier Sheriffs Office is having a live news conference at 2:00 pm today regarding this case. I don't know how to post info here, but local station KSLA had the info. Hope it is good news

sounds like it should be or else why have a presser! Hoping for the best! :)

The Bossier Sheriff's Office has confirmed the identity of the woman found murdered back in Jan. 1981 as 17-year-old Carol Ann Cole. Stay with KTBS 3 News on air and online for more details as they become available. http://bit.ly/19umoKV

Praise the Lord, now Carol Ann Cole can go to her final resting place, among family. RIP Carol

I watched the live stream and teared up listening to the sister. I only wish it would have ended differently for them all.

I hope you can rest peacefully now, Carol, under your true name.

34 Year Old San Antonio Disappearence Solved
http://www.woai.com/articles/woai-l...-year-old-san-antonio-disappearence-13383040/
A hunter named John Chesson found the remains, which were referred to until Thursday as 'Bossier Doe,' after the area where he found the body, is considered a 'person of interest' in Carol Ann's death. Chesson is in prison for killing his estranged wife's mother in law.

"This is now how I wanted to find Carol Ann," Linda said. "For 35 years I wanted to have my sister beside me. Think about that, wondering for 35 years, what happened to them."

The cause of Carol Ann's death has not been determined.

John Chesson supposedly stabbed the women to death. One reason why they want to talk to him

http://www.ksla.com/story/28555469/...alize-they-had-bossier-does-name-for-34-years

Carol Ann Cole's name was known to investigators within a year of the discovery of her body, which remained unidentified for another 34 years until DNA confirmed just weeks ago that she was indeed "Bossier Doe."

Bossier Sheriff's Office Lt. Bill Davis confirms to KSLA News 12 that Carol Ann Cole was on a "short list" of possible victims that investigators had gathered after the young woman's body was found by hunters in the woods off of Highway 157 near Princeton on January 28, 1981. She had been stabbed to death...

Davis says Cole's name was excluded from the list for what Dr. George McCormick, the coroner at the time, called "numerous differences"... It's not yet clear what differences McCormick had identified, but they meant she was ruled out before any DNA testing would have been requested.

34 years later, woman who found cold case victim says dad is killer

A woman who was 13 when she found Carol Ann Cole’s body in some Louisiana woods more than 34 years ago told Target 8 she is certain her father had picked up the Kalamazoo teen hitchhiking about a month earlier.

Frances Aucoin is now 48 and lives in southern Louisiana. She said she believes her father John Chesson, already identified as a person of interest by investigators, killed the 17-year-old found dead in 1981.

Police say Cole was stabbed at least nine times. She had been dead for four to six weeks before her body was found. Until recently, she was known only as Bossier Doe.

Chesson is already serving life in prison for killing an elderly woman in 1997 — nearly 20 years after Cole’s death. That woman was also stabbed repeatedly.

“It needs to be known that he’s done this, and he needs to be accountable for what he has done,” Aucoin said of the Cole case. “You just can’t keep doing this to people.”

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan
Back