Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not talking about you, LinasK; you have always been honest, upfront and thoughtful, not a stealth anti-DPer. Much respect always, even when I don't agree with you.
Thank you. I call 'em as I see 'em. Most people in my real life find me very opinionated. This is my outlet to express it. Grateful I found this forum when Scott Peterson was doing his interviews.

Thank you. I kinda thought they probably knew, and I just hurt for what the Alexanders went through, knowing it wasn't looking positive.

(And the bitter part of me hates the idea that Jodi knew her "chances of 'winning'" were still there. Ugh.

And lastly, I feel deep disappointment for Juan and Det. Flores...they gave it their all, but it wasn't meant to be, due to one juror.

Thanks again for all your responses and time during this process :)

How do we know it was a one juror hold out?

Anyone else catch the snark in judges voice when asking Nurmi if his client wanted a presentance report? "So does she or does she not?"

That's why I think we will get some harsh comments from the Judge when she hands down her LWOP sentence to the evil murderer on April 13. I know it won't resonate with the convicted murderer, but might give the rest of us some satisfaction, and hopefully by that date the Alexanders will have come to terms with the DP not being given, and will understand it wouldn't have changed anything in the long run.

May I just say in all fairness, if this juror really feels strongly and just in her opinion she should show her face and speak proudly on her own behalf to the media. I know I would in such an important matter, backlash or not earn respect! Not saying I have the same belief, just want to clarify that right quick!

I don't believe that for one second.

I have seen plenty of jurors who admitted they had been abused. It did not cloud their judgment. Saying because someone is a domestic abuse survivor is biased is a slap in the face to the millions who are not like this woman.:mad:

There was no way the officers of the court could know she would just believe the chit because JA said so.

If you notice even here where we have many DV victims I don't know one that believed JA abuse claims.

IMO
There certainly were in the first trial, OBE, a handful. You were right there with me arguing the other side - why we, as DV survivors, didn't believe she'd been abused. As always, much more eloquently and beautifully than I ever could. :hug:

I'd like to believe though any and all abuse survivors could see through someone like Jodi - especially since she is pretty much the epitome of an abusive personality.

Well, 11 jurors didn't believe she was abused by Travis & the first jury didn't either!!!!!! She needs to give it UP! No one believes her.

In her messed up head..ONE is all it takes and ONE is all she got, so she's good.

Time for cameras in the deliberation room...if they're gonna represent us...they need to be held accountable...

I wouldn't waste the postage on this killer, but it would be funny to send her a Starbucks postcard (because she can't receive letters) that has a coupon for a free Strawberry Frappuccino printed on it, because she will NEVER get to use it. :happydance:
I'd rather send her postcards from Cancun saying "Wish you were here" and the revised copy of "1,000 places You'll NEVER See Before You Die"!

May I just say in all fairness, if this juror really feels strongly and just in her opinion she should show her face and speak proudly on her own behalf to the media. I know I would in such an important matter, backlash or not earn respect! Not saying I have the same belief, just want to clarify that right quick!

Respect to her for hanging on to her beliefs. That cannot have been easy. She believes what she believes. There really isn't a whole lot else to go on with mitigation, imho.

Trying to be optimistic. I believe that LWOP will be just as bad or worse for Arias. A death sentence would have provided her with opportunities to further manipulate the system. It has all been taken away from her. She will have a cage to live in and criminals for friends. Not a noteworthy life by any stretch of the imagination.

The judge doesn't need any more information. But perhaps Jodi wants to make a statement and is hoping the media loses interest before April 13.

Yes, she will stay at Estrella until sentencing.

Does anyone know what types of things Jodi would say in her statement?

I wish some rules could be made for her that she can't get anyone to tweet for her or she will go down a step. She can't, in public or on social media, make any negative comments about Travis, his siblings, or close friends. She can't sell her artwork on sites like eBay. She has to donate 50-75% of the money she makes to pay back the family if they file and win a civil suit against her.

I know right? So the other jurors who were honest told her they were sending a note to the judge and even read to her what they were sending. What is her response? To send a secret note to secret Sherry.
I didn't hear that yet. How would they know that she sent JSS a note in secret?

I'd rather send her postcards from Cancun saying "Wish you were here" and the revised copy of "1,000 places You'll NEVER See Before You Die"!

How bout "Wish you weren't here, Oh wait". Da da duh

??? I just don't understand your posts at all. I am not bashing you..I just truly don't understand you or your posts. I respect you decisions/thoughts/opinions..but, your post just totally confuse me always.
Why do you hope this..You wanted Jodi to get the Life and that is what she will get..AND, the family wanted death NOT life! I hope I am not coming off as argumentative..that is not my I am trying to convey here...just smh. I hope I don't get in trouble for posting this.

I hope they listen to the jurors because I think it will help them understand that they knew that travis was not who the dt was portraying him to be and that they knew exactly who JA was.
I think life for JA is less climatic and take the drama and random supporters away. I think it leaves her in a hole with nothing. The DP comes with it's on set of crazy anti dp people that would champion her cause and support her.

I have said this case is hard for me. I am not a big Put them to death person but I do believe it is warranted. It must be so hard to make that decision. Yesterday I was all about life, maybe because I expected this.. But today, Listening to the jurors, Had I been sitting with them, I would have voted death with them. They were clear, They laid it all out, And they pulled out the evidence that mattered.

Sitting here, Watching by tweet or second hand joe accounts, It is not the same as sitting there everyday listening, Watching, feeling what is going on there. When I heard the jurors today, They made it easy for me to see that there was one answer. And they got it right.
That one juror, She is the only reason that JA doesn't have dp. She should be ashamed of her conduct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77