Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, #17 not wanting to take part in Jury Deliberations etc aside, doesn't it all start and stop with the Judge. All of the other Jurors agreed and told Judge that #17 was not deliberating. So, wasn't it Judges JOB to do something other than tell them to basically "carry on"???

Did you maybe misunderstand me? I was wondering if Juror #17 could have been "bought" by the defense team. No Juan mentioned in this post at all.

I understand what you said. I added I am tempted to sign up for Beth's site if she can help us solve this mystery regarding juror#17, as she posted notes on her.

But, for those of you that read her site I am curious if the person that supervises the comment section of her site is still actively criticizing Juan. If it's still going on, I don't want to sign up. Hope that clears my post up. I thought I read you were a member of Beth's site.

Jodi has access to the seamy underworld via ex-Estrella BFF's heading over to Perryville, not the least of whom is DeVault, another psychopath. JA has already said that she has minions posted to her advantage at the big-P. I would imagine that Juror #17's husbands are in the big-P network, felons helping felons. Wouldn't be surprising at all if there was a pathway all the way back to the killer and the person who "ran" her money.

"Ran " her money. :giggle:

that's for sure. The only problem here is this is from BK's notes so you have no idea what was being asked. She would also have had to do the written questionnaire which generally gets into all that stuff. But to really evaluate the exchange fully you'd need the transcript or video or whatever of the dialogue. But let's just say that a potential juror who has a romantic partner/spouse who was involved in a 1st degree murder case prosecuted by the same prosecutor in the current 1st degree murder case is not going to get on the jury, even in JSS's court. I mean, she does amaze me, in the worst way, but this is just too clear cut. The notes seem to show a clear intent to separate herself from the criminal activity of her husband(s), admitting only one was charged with a crime after they separated and the other only before they knew each other. That was obviously not true.

That said, I have to say, based on just those notes I'm amazed she remained on the jury. Do so many people in AZ have criminals in their life that it's normal?

It was mentioned yesterday there were originally 19 jurors seated. Aren't their juror numbers chronologically assigned to them in the order in which they are accepted? If so does it stand to reason that number 17 was one of the last few accepted onto the jury? Was Juan Martinez out of preemptive strikes or low on them at this point? Was JSSin a hurry to finish up because they were already behind schedule? These are just things I was thinking about tonight, because I wholeheartedly agree with you, based on what she DID divulge, ignoring what she appears to have omitted, she still was not a qualified juror by any stretch of the imagination. I really would like to know how she slipped through.

If this is a repost, please forgive, I didn't think I have seen it here:

NOT Juror # 17

Civil Suit: The Wrongful death suit?

Read more: http://www.azfamily.com/news/Husban...uted-by-Martinez-295429721.html#ixzz3TfCKOkxU

From the link

Aaron Nash, a spokesman for the clerk of Maricopa County Superior Court, said no member of the clerk's staff reported being approached by anyone seeking the names of jurors.

"The office's primary concerns are the safety and privacy of these individuals who responded to this difficult and lengthy call to public service," Nash said in a statement.

That's 3 down...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so I'm just going to say one thing. She definitely misled as, at least according to BK's notes, she NEVER mentions the ex being involved in a criminal matter while they were together. She only says he got in trouble for stealing cell phones AFTER they were separated. That leaves out the 2000 criminal matter with Juan. So she gave the impression that any crimes committed by her various husbands all occurred outside her time with them. Not true. The one that involved Juan was while they were together according to her time frame. So she failed to mention two pretty important things and I won't even get into the underlying crimes.

According the Court Chatter, Hubbie #1 was up for 1st degree murder (prosecuted by Juan), which was pled down. Right. I'd NEVER remember the Prosecutor in that case. (snark)

http://www.courtchatter.com/

If you think this woman 1) did not remember JM; 2) did not give some sort of testimony under oath to save her 'man'; and 3) did not follow the guilt-phase to the extent she had an 'aha' moment re: JM?

Think again.

I think that her and hubby thought if she held out there would be alot of money to be made if she was "The Lone Juror." jmo I sure hope someone gets to the bottom of this. It wont change things for Jodi but this kind of stuff needs to be dealt with and a stern message sent so it doesn't happen again.

The game they played if true will probably cost them more then they would ever make.

Anything is possible... if it's true her current hb had MDLR's daughter listed as a friend on his social media, anything is possible.[/QUOTE

I wonder who is really driving that new Lexus?

I like to keep up with what's being written in various articles, and from reading the comments many people are aware of the questionable #17's possible bias.

Authorities provide security for holdout juror in Arias case
http://news.yahoo.com/taxpayers-shell-nearly-3-million-jodi-arias-trials-073621622.html

"No threats had been reported against any of the 12 jurors, authorities said. However, the lone holdout on the death penalty had requested the security after her name was posted on social media."

"Prosecutors also said they're examining whether the holdout disclosed that her husband had been prosecuted by the same county attorney who headed the case against Arias."

BBM

I am absolutely willing to accept her vote without criticism...once I understand her reasons for it

I'd sure like to know her reasons too, though there is no rule that any juror ever has to talk about their vote or even how they voted. They are allowed to stay totally quiet if they choose.

Jodi has access to the seamy underworld via ex-Estrella BFF's heading over to Perryville, not the least of whom is DeVault, another psychopath. JA has already said that she has minions posted to her advantage at the big-P. I would imagine that Juror #17's husbands are in the big-P network, felons helping felons. Wouldn't be surprising at all if there was a pathway all the way back to the killer and the person who "ran" her money.

Wanted to say thank you for using the word "psychopath" instead of "sociopath". IMO you are right, she is a Psychopath.

How to Tell a Sociopath from a Psychopath
Understanding important distinctions between criminal sociopaths and psychopaths
Post published by Scott A. Bonn Ph.D. on Jan 22, 2014
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/wicked-deeds/201401/how-tell-sociopath-psychopath

Also, I think, there isn't any medicine nor therapy for psychopaths. Nothing to help them ever feel empathy

From the link

Aaron Nash, a spokesman for the clerk of Maricopa County Superior Court, said no member of the clerk's staff reported being approached by anyone seeking the names of jurors.

"The office's primary concerns are the safety and privacy of these individuals who responded to this difficult and lengthy call to public service," Nash said in a statement.

That's 3 down...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tick tock MDLR.

The bottom line is this juror had a right to vote as she felt, plain and simple.. If she was as horrendous as some make her out to be I would have bet the Judge would have removed her as this case is clearly not her first rodeo in the courtroom.. Jurors, no matter what should not have their names released and be subjected to threats.

No, she did not have a right to vote as she felt. She had a responsibility to deliberate the evidence presented in this trial with 11 other jurors and those jurors have reported that she refused to do that. She had an obligation to weigh the mitigating factors against the aggravating factors and decide which prevailed and then had further obligation to vote accordingly.

Furthermore, the judge was notified by other jurors (reportedly) of this juror's issues from the start and she did nothing...so there goes your argument that the judge would have removed her if she were a bad juror.

Truth be told, once that juror was selected for duty in this case there was not much that could be done to save the day. If she had been removed as requested and this ended with a sentence of death, the verdict could have been successfully appealed. Higher courts do not overturn verdicts often but they do not mess around when death penalty is involved, and they tend to get all worked up when issues involving jurors come to the surface after the fact. Which is, in a nutshell, why I consider it a blessing in disguise that this jury hung.

It was already shown yesterday that from what we read, the Defendent and her lawyers have legal access to request all the jurors contact information, which they most likely did.

Our our other friend WS laywer (i think Boynington or something like that) confirmed, and also someone posted right from the court's or states website the information about it.

:seeya: Thank You, I am so behind and trying to catch up !

I tell ya, I would be pizzzzzzzzzed if I were a juror and my name was released on that JAII site by those :crazy: :nuts:

:scared::scared::scared:

BBM - This is obviously a big deal. In one case - they were separated (she wasn't as emotionally linked to the outcome) and in the other they were about to be married (where she would be extremely affected by what was happening in his life of any criminal nature). Obviously the whole point in asking this question is to determine if the potential juror would be so affected by a close family member's experience that they could not be an impartial juror.

ALSO - did anyone think to wonder WHY she chose to disclose the one least likely to keep her off the jury and not the other? Makes me go hmmmmm.....

Plus, while being separated from Husband #1, Juror #17 might have been with Husband #2 who was also committing a felony(ies) at about the same time?

Just been thinking how easy it would have been for that juror to have been contacted during the trial.

Like was already mentioned, this may have started to get worse from inside the jail or prison bars. The juror likely told her ex-husband about her famous trial she was having to be part of. And once word got out to JA and her "friend" that a juror on the trial happens to know someone really well behind the bars, it would not take long for JA and her friend to maybe try to pursue a casual contact just to say "hello".

We need a timeline for #17 :thinking: She is supposedly in her twenties so at the oldest- 29. She suffered abuse for 11 years with her ex, then after her divorce she remarried but was separated whenever the present or ex committed their crimes?

33, soon to be 34.

Imo so I could be off base but when a woman won't speak for herself and a husband who has an axe to grind shows up on an interview singing praises for his lone wife hold out.. It gives me pause..

Thank you, and perhaps we finally have an example of TRUE domestic Violence, inadvertently!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member