Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hadn't read your blog yet ! I just did and your thoughts were so articulate and hopefully will be shared with and bring comfort to TA's family. You are in a very unique, albeit unfortunate position to know just how torturous and unrelenting the death row process is for families to endure. I agree with you wholeheartedly that while this non-verdict feels like a blow, it may be easier in the long run in regards to Travis' family being able to move forward and heal. I wish you all the best, Katie!

Thank you for this! Sincerely! :) :blowkiss:

LAMBIE: Can we call her UNUSUAL JUROR?

I have a close friend who will never speak ill of anyone. He just won't. When I mentioned someone doing something he just said, "let's just say he is unique."

When my spouse and I come across someone evil or weird, we look at one another and say "Well, well. Aren't they unique?".

For me the evidence that J17 engaged in misconduct is that which has been provided by the remaining jurors who sat in the deliberation room for a week--I believe them without question. In fact, it was their revealations during the Presser that gave the public and press cause for concern which has resulted in investigating to seek the truth. I have the deepest respect and the utmost gratitude for their willingness to speak out after the verdict--they are an example of having the courage of your convictions in the face of true adversity.

So, I see 3 potential issues with J17; 1) Lying to get on a jury with an "agenda", i.e., Rogue Juror, 2) Lying about having any connection with major players on the case in questionnaire or Voir Dire, for some unknown reason, 3) Failure to follow the law during deliberations, i.e., considering or bringing into deliberations information not presented during trial (Lifetime stuff and from the news) and refusing to deliberate collectively with fellow jurors.

So my question is, what is the legal definition/distinction for each of these, i.e., perjury, juror misconduct, etc. TIA

BTW, as far as the release of the jurors identifying information--may there be a swift and severe punishment for whoever did this.

If I may add, 4) Not adhering to Judges admonition not to watch, do research, etc. about the defendant. From what the other jurors stated..

I find it amazing that #17's Convict 2nd husband does an interview and stated that she felt like she was being bullied to change her vote. The jury wanted her off and an alternate to replace her since she flat out refused to deliberate from the very start of deliberations. I hope the Alexander's go after her and JSS with civil suits! They wanted/requested an alternate because she would NOT deliberate and this "judge" denied it. Civil suits won't bring Travis back but it sure as hell will stop the likes of this juror, MDLR, JA's family and the disgusting defense attorneys from making a dime off Travis' murder when all this is proven. 11 vote for the DP and the holdout is alleged to have an agenda who had connections to the mitigator as well!!!! Those other jurors should file civil suits too! They invested so much time of their lives into this case! Talk about spitting on the face of Lady Justice. :gaah:

Now THAT is an interesting idea...civil suits against her. Hit stealth jurors where it counts: in the pocket book. I like this line of thinking.

KCL, I suggested civil suits on sidebar also. Btw, so happy about your engagement. It's good to have happy news in all of this craziness.

I have been laughed at for saying same as you about JSS, Juror 17, and MDLR. But I think the other 13 jurors should go for it. (11 jurors plus 2 alternates). Problem is in today's society, finding a lawyer to take the case who isn't tied in with the legal society in Phoenix. Going against a judge won't be easy. This world is so very crooked!!

are the trial videos up yet? Is jury selection on video? JMO

I agree that it looks like the PT may have dropped the ball due to the DV background, but had she made full disclosure about both husbands' criminal histories she would have been tossed immediately. Combined they've been charged with 1st degree murder, drive-by shooting, agravated assault, misconduct involving weapons, criminal damage, armed robbery, criminal trespassing, aggravated assault causing serious injury, dangerous/deadly assault by a prisoner...

This woman is numb to criminal activity.

True and agreed. I still want to see the actual voir dire questions, not paraphrased as some have done, so I can see if she did lie or only disclose what was asked in the question. It may seem like a nit-picky thing, but the wording of the actual questions is important. So far I've seen nothing of the actual voir dire.

Honestly, I'm mind blown to discover that JSS was so careless in addressing the other 11 jurors' concerns. SMDH.
JSS had tunnel vision. She could not see what was happening to the left or the right of her. Lets suppose she removed juror #17 and a death sentence was handed down. She would be afraid it would get turned on appeal. Thats her problem. She took her fears to the extreme. She had every right to remove #17. I wonder what she thinks in hindsight now? Shame.

I pray that no one pays Juror 17 and/or her husband for an interview. I think they are hoping that's what is going to happen. It may have even been a plan once she was on the jury and saw where everyone else was headed. Who knows, but this whole thing is appalling and I also find it appalling that there are some who think she did nothing wrong but vote her conscious and that she is being "attacked".

sad to say but i think once the dust settles and she is sure she is out of legal jeopardy.....Dr. Phil will offer she and the lovely hubby a nice trip to lax and some back door compensation...and i have to admit i would like to hear from her directly.

are the trial videos up yet? Is jury selection on video? JMO

Jury selection is never on video. Casey Anthony case in which audio was allowed during voir dire was an anomaly. This part is usually not open to the public through cameras/video. Only those inside the courtroom see it.

I find it amazing that #17's Convict 2nd husband does an interview and stated that she felt like she was being bullied to change her vote. The jury wanted her off and an alternate to replace her since she flat out refused to deliberate from the very start of deliberations. I hope the Alexander's go after her and JSS with civil suits! They wanted/requested an alternate because she would NOT deliberate and this "judge" denied it. Civil suits won't bring Travis back but it sure as hell will stop the likes of this juror, MDLR, JA's family and the disgusting defense attorneys from making a dime off Travis' murder when all this is proven. 11 vote for the DP and the holdout is alleged to have an agenda who had connections to the mitigator as well!!!! Those other jurors should file civil suits too! They invested so much time of their lives into this case! Talk about spitting on the face of Lady Justice. :gaah:
Fox posted another interview with a juror (they didn't say her #) & told her about what was being found out about J 17 & among the things she said was "this juror put us through hell!'
When I heard her troubled voice I felt much concern for these 11. http://www.fox10phoenix.com/clip/11...s-link-to-juan-martinez#.VPqbag08n3Y.facebook

Looks like the 11 will be interviewed tomorrow. GMA

The best part about that idea........there are plenty of attorney's out there that would do it for free, especially after that non-verdict..

I have a close friend who will never speak ill of anyone. He just won't. When I mentioned someone doing something he just said, "let's just say he is unique."

When my spouse and I come across someone evil or weird, we look at one another and say "Well, well. Aren't they unique?".

I personally have to give credit to Lambie for coming up with the UNUSUAL descriptor.

Many moons ago I saw Lambie kindly reprimand someone here for name calling. I quickly realized that I had just called someone, you guess who a dummy. Wanting to right my wrong I posted an apology to Lambie for calling the perpetrator, Er I mean, person, a DUMMY, even though I felt my assessment was correct because this particular person has just been proven to be a liar AGAIN!

With great kindness LAMBIE suggested that I call them an UNUSUAL person, since it could imply whatever.

I thank LAMBIE quite often for that gift!

sad to say but i think once the dust settles and she is sure she is out of legal jeopardy.....Dr. Phil will offer she and the lovely hubby a nice trip to lax and some back door compensation...and i have to admit i would like to hear from her directly.

I don't really care what she has to say.....at least not until Juan starts the cross-examination .......:gasp:

I hope that the investigation includes financial records. A few thousand dollars would be nothing for the DT to come up with. That much could easily be funneled through the pi or mdlr.

Now THAT is an interesting idea...civil suits against her. Hit stealth jurors where it counts: in the pocket book. I like this line of thinking.

And while they file their civil suits I wonder how hard it would be to get the ball rolling to start a Travis' Law to get the law changed to where if this happens again the alternates are brought in to start deliberations over to guarantee the victim has a right to justice. There needs to be justice for the victims, the criminals rights should NEVER trump the rights of the victim!!!!

I don't know why this kind of disgusting behavior still shocks me, but it does. However, even though I know JA is not tweeting and these may not be her words, all of the tweets post retrial display a lot of anger. This tells me that JA and her camp aren't happy at all with this outcome. Maybe it is a blessing in disguise. Maybe JA wanted the DP so that she could have unlimited appeals because she sure believes she is going to have a successful appeal.

With life, I know she gets one appeal, at least. What happens after that? Can she pay for more herself or ??? I've tried to find this answer on my own and have been unsuccessful.

They get the award for the Oxymoron of the day- a womanizing pedophile.......... oh please!

If wrong doing is found then Arizona should hand her the bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd