NV NV - Wellington, WhtMale 574UMNV, 35-50, off Sand Canyon Road, Mar'92 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are now two ruleouts on Namus (https://identifyus.org/cases/7582):

John Kreyche 1953 Illinois
Douglas Meer 1957 Colorado

Here's a map with the approximate locations of Heavenly ski area, Sand Canyon, and the CA/NV border that I think is where the car must have been found:

https://goo.gl/maps/KQBIx

They look kind of far apart, but after visiting the Lake Tahoe area last summer, I'd say they're actually quite close. Vast open spaces out there.

First post so i hope i do this right.

Standia could actually be Stadia. They were high top sneakers in the mid to late 80s. They were basically Air Jordan knockoffs.

Has anyone looked at Brian James Ranken for this Doe? He was from South Lake Tahoe and was last seen October 18, 1991. I don't think he resembles the recon that much and at 6'0 160, he was probably closer to a size 30 than 32/34, but i thought it was worth getting a second opinion.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/505dmca.html

On an unrelated note, thanks to Chico for helping me get registered!

Hello everyone,
Thank you to everyone who has posted so far. We are currently working a couple of angles on this case. The ideas posted earlier in this thread will be looked into.

Great to know that some LE agencies pick up on some of our sleuthing.

Hello everyone,
Thank you to everyone who has posted so far. We are currently working a couple of angles on this case. The ideas posted earlier in this thread will be looked into.

Great to know that some LE agencies pick up on some of our sleuthing.

I found this site when I did a Google search on this case. This is a great site with some amazing cases of success. We just never know where a vital tip might come from. The efforts of the members here is much appreciated.

On another note, we are working to obtain DNA from our UID. It appears we have a pretty fair chance at it. If we are successful, the appropriate databases will be updated and I'll post an update here. We are keeping our fingers crossed.

http://www.ktvn.com/story/28273317/nevada-investigators-seek-information-in-1992-homicide-case

The Nevada Department of Public Safety says it has received new information in connection with a 1992 homicide, but investigators say they still need help solving this cold case...

On Thursday, authorities announced they had received new information on this case, but have yet to release any details to the public. They add recent leads suggest that someone may have information that could be critical with identifying the victim and suspects in this case.

It looks like John Doe's NAMUS page was updated back in January. Currently 2 rule-outs

John Kreyche 1953 Illinois
Douglas Meer 1957 Colorado

the DNA tab says that samples for John Doe are not currently available. hmm

Update....

The good news is we now have a DNA profile entered into CODIS for our John Doe, which is a huge step in the right direction! Unfortunately, we do not have any "hits" on the profile at this time.

We need your help. Attached is a photograph of a piece of a T-shirt. We believe the T-shirt was originally white. We need your help with identifying the design. Does anyone recognize it? Thank you in advance for your time and efforts!

Attachments

• 0001.jpg
    0001.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 606
I wish there was a little bit more left of this shirt. So hard to tell. Just that it appears to be feathers which makes me think of a native american type of design. Like a top view of a hawk in flight?

It reminds me of that old famous "Last Great Act of Defiance" design with the rat giving the finger to the pouncing eagle.

Update....

The good news is we now have a DNA profile entered into CODIS for our John Doe, which is a huge step in the right direction! Unfortunately, we do not have any "hits" on the profile at this time.

We need your help. Attached is a photograph of a piece of a T-shirt. We believe the T-shirt was originally white. We need your help with identifying the design. Does anyone recognize it? Thank you in advance for your time and efforts!

I don't think this is it, but it's certainly very similar: http://www.redbubble.com/people/lot...un-circle?grid_pos=16&p=t-shirt&ref=shop_grid

Lots of shirts and things with "Augur meeting the morning sun" prints on them.

Augur Buzzard also known as the north African jackal buzzard. Augur was a priest and official in the classical world, especially ancient Rome and Etruria studying the flight of birds.

You might check with Hug High School in Reno. Their mascot is the hawk.

It reminds me of that old famous "Last Great Act of Defiance" design with the rat giving the finger to the pouncing eagle.

It's definitely a bird of prey in about-to-strike pose, and that design often has the orange globe of the sun behind the bird, but I can't remember any where the eagle/hawk was that realistic. (Used to have one of those in my dorm room :) ) Also, part of the rodent with the finger would probably be visible at the bottom.

The striped feathers remind me more of an owl than of hawk or eagle.

Another update...

An earlier poster suggested Brian James Ranken
http://doenetwork.org/cases/505dmca.html

Unfortunately, Brian Ranken has been positively ruled out through dental records. The search continues for both Mr. Ranken and our UID. We are still looking at the other earlier suggestions for possible matches as well as other potential leads. I'll post an update when we get a definitive answer. Thanks again to all!

Hi Websleuths Members,

We are very fortunate to have mmarty with us. Mmarty is a verified member of a Nevada Law Enforcement Agency.

Mmarty has come to Websleuths to seek our help with this case.

Please treat mmarty with the utmost respect and remember as a verified member of law enforcement he doesn't need to back up anything he says with a link.

Mmarty, thank you for coming to Websleuths and asking for our help. You will find the members here to be top notch sleuths and willing to help you any way possible.

Take Care,
Tricia

Thanks Tricia,

My partner (identified as lcsodetectives on this forum) and I are preparing a time-line of facts for all of you. We appreciate any help you can give us. We do have good dental records and good DNA, all of which have been entered into the system. We would ask you to keep in mind that some of the information already discussed in this thread has been vetted and proved to be no related to our case. Some of that information has also proved to be, in fact, relevant. Our time-line and update will have all of the factual information that we have on our subject and this case. The link to our subject in NAMUS is here https://identifyus.org/en/cases/7582

We should have an update for you on this site within 24 hours.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member